English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2019-20 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
That wasn't Son's tackle that caused this, the crucial contact was from Aurier that caused the break because Gomes' leg got stuck under his own body. It was completely unintentional though. It is not possible to play football on that leg again. He will probably have a slight limp for the rest of his life.

Anyone remember David Busst leg break in 96? This was the same kind of break.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
That wasn't Son's tackle that caused this, the crucial contact was from Aurier that caused the break because Gomes' leg got stuck under his own body. It was completely unintentional though. It is not possible to play football on that leg again. He will probably have a slight limp for the rest of his life.

Anyone remember David Busst leg break in 96? This was the same kind of break.
Yeah a total freak accident. Son's challenge had little to do with it, though I'm not sure what the hell Son was doing committing to a tackle like that in the middle of the field.

Does anyone know if EPL footballers have an insurance policy for such fucked up injuries? The guy's career is pretty much over and his earning potential was quite high given his background.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Everton midfielder Andre Gomes is "expected to make a full recovery" after he had surgery to repair a fracture dislocation to his right ankle, his club have said.
my left ankle was fractured 2 years ago and I know how it feels. I can't imagine what pain he went through for dislocation and fracture... When I fractured in on the field I heard a the bone cracked in my ears. I knew something bad happened. It will take him couple years to be normal again and thats an big IF.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I think its 2 factors to be fair to Pool
A) City is not the team
B) Pool has really transformed into a power house in England at least.
Power House in Europe my friend, don't forget we're the current Champions and favourites to win it again this season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.