Euro 2012 squads

Nov 24, 2002
Poland final squad:

Goalkeepers: Szczesny (Arsenal), Tyton (PSV), Sandomierski (Jagiellonia Bialystok)

Defenders: Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund), Wasilewski (Anderlecht), Wawrzyniak (Legia Warsaw), Kaminski (Lech Poznan), Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznan), Boenisch (Werder Bremen), Perquis (FC Sochaux)

Midfielders: Polanski (FSV Mainz 05), Dudka (AJ Auxerre), Matuszczyk (Fortuna Düsseldorf), Mierzejewski (Trabzonspor), Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Obraniak (Girondins Bordeaux), Rybus (Terek Grozny), Grosicki (Sivasspor), Murawski (Lech Poznan), Wolski (Legia Warsaw)

Attackers: Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Sobiech (Hannover 96), Brozek (Celtic)
lewandowski guy is great

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
Criscito cut from the squad because he was involved in match-fixing... there were other players (not in the squad originally) involved as well such as Mauri, etc. Match fixing is hurting Italian football really badly.

italy_2012.jpg

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Criscito cut from the squad because he was involved in match-fixing... there were other players (not in the squad originally) involved as well such as Mauri, etc. Match fixing is hurting Italian football really badly.
Don't worry...whenever there's match fixing, squaddra wins ;)

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Lol, 82 and 2006 was just after match fixing. But I really like Prandelli selection, Mauri is not better than these forwards and Criscito been playing in Russian league and hasnt been looking sharp like his times in Genoa.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
^ Juventus always had the most players in Azzuri except 2010. Im happy that both Giaccherini and Diamanti are still here. But there is still two players that will be dopped from the squad and Prandelli said once that Mario promised him not to get any red cards.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Lol, 82 and 2006 was just after match fixing. But I really like Prandelli selection, Mauri is not better than these forwards and Criscito been playing in Russian league and hasnt been looking sharp like his times in Genoa.
I love the team. Super excited to see Giovinco and Italy has for the first time in ages a great wingforward/winger in Borini. Plus with Fantantonio and Balotelli in the squad, you will always have fun, Di Nate and De Rossi will add super seriousness...really, by far my most favorite team at the Euros.

Nov 24, 2002
i also have feeling italy will do some damage ,they dont get too much attention like spain, germany or holland but as mahdi said , you can never count italians out !

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I love the team. Super excited to see Giovinco and Italy has for the first time in ages a great wingforward/winger in Borini. Plus with Fantantonio and Balotelli in the squad, you will always have fun, Di Nate and De Rossi will add super seriousness...really, by far my most favorite team at the Euros.
I expected Prandelli would make an exciting team, since his Fiorentina used to play a very exciting style of football and Im still bitter about how Bayern beat them with that offside goal.
Specially having Pirlo back playing one of his best football again is amazing. Players such as De Rossi, Marchisio and Nocrino would provide enough freedome for him to shine like how he did in Bianconeri jersey. Having players like Buffon, Pirlo, Cassano and Di Natale are very important for younger players specially Mario who can learn from them specially some manners.
I think this matchfixing stuff actually can unite the squad. Criscito home being raided, Mauri getting arrested, Conte being under investication are horrible news for all the players and usually it makes them to play with their heart and make the team get closer to eachother like family. In 2006 matchfixing stuff and Pessotto committing suecide did the same stuff for the squad that caused them win the WC.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Poland final squad:

Goalkeepers: Szczesny (Arsenal).....
He scored a great own goal in training a few days ago.:)

[video=youtube;C0YdCXbqGyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C0YdCXbqGyc[/video]

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Ranocchia and Destro are the last 2 players to be dropped from the Italy squad, the final 23 are now known.

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain)

Defenders: Ignazio Abate (AC Milan), Federico Balzaretti (Palermo), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Angelo Ogbonna (Torino)

Midfielders: Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Alessandro Diamanti (Bologna), Emanuele Giaccherini (Juventus), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris Saint-Germain), Antonio Nocerino (AC Milan), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)

Attackers: Mario Balotelli (Manchester City), Fabio Borini (AS Roma), Antonio Cassano (AC Milan), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Sebastian Giovinco (Parma)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Ranocchia and Destro are the last 2 players to be dropped from the Italy squad, the final 23 are now known.

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain)

Defenders: Ignazio Abate (AC Milan), Federico Balzaretti (Palermo), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Angelo Ogbonna (Torino)

Midfielders: Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Alessandro Diamanti (Bologna), Emanuele Giaccherini (Juventus), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris Saint-Germain), Antonio Nocerino (AC Milan), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)

Attackers: Mario Balotelli (Manchester City), Fabio Borini (AS Roma), Antonio Cassano (AC Milan), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Sebastian Giovinco (Parma)
No prices for guessing who I'll be watching !;)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Yeah , Paulo Rossi came out of a long suspension and won the world cup golden boot and the world cup for Italy ! the Italian expat community here went mad and were singing Rossi ,Tardelli ,Altobelli all night long !! the three who scored italy's goals in the final .