farsi on android 2.3.4

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
guys,
I know this question has been aksed before?

do you have any ideas on how to set an encoding or how to have the right encoding to get picked up on android?

i am running 2.3.4 on HTC amaze.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
guys,
I know this question has been aksed before?

do you have any ideas on how to set an encoding or how to have the right encoding to get picked up on android?

i am running 2.3.4 on HTC amaze.
i posted a guide on how to do this on ISP, if you search you should find it, if not i will look for it, but dude why dont you upgrade to ICS, or a custom ROM? go with CM7 and you will LOVE you android 10X more.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
yeah. ics has full farsi support. or go to xda forums. root your phone. flash with checkrom v5 . u can add farsi support by downloading a plugin.

or just flash with rocketrom ics . thats the best and most stable ics rom out there.

xda develoupment forum is the best source for your android info.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
almost forgot. if u absolutly want farsi without rooting your phone, just download a UAE stock rom and flash it on your phone using odin on ur pc. that way u can choose farsi menues as well :)

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am a bit confused. and pardon for my ignorance, I am new to the real world of Andorid

I got the part that Android 4.0 supports farsi encoding!

does it support that out of the box? or do you have install a plug in for the browser for that to be accomplished?

I take there is no plugin that would just work on an existing 2.3.4 version right?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I am a bit confused. and pardon for my ignorance, I am new to the real world of Andorid

I got the part that Android 4.0 supports farsi encoding!

does it support that out of the box? or do you have install a plug in for the browser for that to be accomplished?

I take there is no plugin that would just work on an existing 2.3.4 version right?
ICS support Farsi out of the Box, regarding plugin yes if you are rooted.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
they are not, Opera supports Farsi ... Toofan jaan, when you post links pay attention to OP's device :) the rom you posted is for Samsung Note not HTC Amaze :)

avaze en kare boro FIFA tamrin kon
NO GINGERBREAD 2.3.6 SUPPORT FARSI. TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR DEVICE! .. its readable but it looks like shit. to get farsi like you do on your pc, you will need middle east rom or 4.0.3

this is how it looks like on your device:

and this is how it should look like:

shot_000002.jpg

seems like your knowledge on phones are as good as your fifa skills :D

Last edited:

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
ajab rooye daria :) opera shows just like. take a screenshot and post it. hmm... maybe u donno how to take screenshot? :) home and power button!

the screenshot u got is from PERSIAN BROWSER not OPERA !!!! Toofi jaan to vaghti hanooz ba iOS sar garm boodi man dashtam custom ROM bazi mikardam, boro be fekre FIFA bash, leave Android to me

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
PLEASE POOYA .. POST A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR PERSIAN SUPPORTING OPERA BROWSER ON GINGERBREAD :)

I WANNA SEE IRANPRESSNEWS.COM SCREENSHOT SO YOU CAN COMPARE IT TO MINE AND TELL ME YOUR A NOOB..

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :d

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
ajab rooye daria :) opera shows just like. take a screenshot and post it. hmm... maybe u donno how to take screenshot? :) home and power button!
lol, dude do you understand the fact that there are more than ONE android devices? and each device requires its own version of ROM? for example on my phone *which is Samsung Captivate* you dont have it in Europe (i think) its Power and Volume down (-) for screenshot ! anyways i am on ICS so i cant take a screenshot for u. i just upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 today btw, love it.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
good ur on ics now and u can see the difference between farsi on ginger and on ics. the fact still remains that I was right on u were wrong :) so dont change the subject here!

nice try though ;)

lol, dude do you understand the fact that there are more than ONE android devices? and each device requires its own version of ROM? for example on my phone *which is Samsung Captivate* you dont have it in Europe (i think) its Power and Volume down (-) for screenshot ! anyways i am on ICS so i cant take a screenshot for u. i just upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 today btw, love it.