Favourite cartoons/animation series as a child?

Nov 29, 2002
Just reminiscing here....

In the UK most of our animated series were from the US so I used to get the regular diet of Thundercats, He-Man and Masters of the Universe, Teenage mutant Hero Turtles, Centurions, Bravestarr, Defenders of the Earth, Transformers, Dungeons and Dragons, Visionaries, MASK. All those hyper-masculinized cartoons which wouldn't work in the current era.

I used to love hanna barbera cartoons too like Yogi Bear, Jetsons etc...
And Pink Panther, the original ones with the Henry Mancini sound track - loved it! I had a soft spot for Care Bears when I was very young. Chill out.

British cartoons I liked were Superted, Bananaman, Count Duckula, Rupert the Bear, Mr Benn. British cartoons were a bit more "lo-fi" than US or Japanese cartoons.

It was only when I first travelled to Iran age ~10 that I discovered Japanese Anime series, Needless to say, FootballisthA (Captain Tsubasa) was my favourite . I wished they had more in the UK (I guess we had Dogtanian which was Japanese/French in the UK, as was Mysterious Cities of Gold), but I never saw any pure japanese anime in the UK growing up.

Did anyone ever watch the Spiral Zone?

[video=youtube;5RfSoeTKOVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfSoeTKOVY[/video]

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
All the Looney Tunes (Speedy Gonzalez and Bugs Bunny and Road Runner & The Coyote and ........)
Fat Albert & Scooby Doo and the Jetsons was another phase of mine. Tom & Jerry & the Pink Panther (I still watch). I think I watched the Flintstones more than any other cartoon in my childhood. Maybe it was on more.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Hands down Foghorn Leghorn of Looney Tunes Zob Ahan we think alike I loved them all: Speedy Gonzalez, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck Yosemetie Sam, Road Runner and Coyote, Taz, etc but my favorite was Foghorn Leghorn by far!
[video=youtube;9x_FzCWl2nc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_FzCWl2nc[/video]