Favourite music band/group/song

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
very impressive.i can not figure out how he can finger pick the steel
strings.that must be painful.but he does a tremendous job.robert
plant looks too damn old now.get a face lift !but he still got the
magic and he is not missing jimmy at all.
I play acoustic and started playing with a pick but gradually moved to finger picking ,finger picking is great ,it is like playing with 4 picks and fun part is it enables you to play chords and melody together .

I remember the first time I heard the sound of steel string guitar and I asked my mate why this guitar sounds so different and he told me about the strings and the difference between classic Spanish guitar and the steel string folk guitar as they say , I was mesmerised by the sounds of those steel strings !

Oct 18, 2010
i have tried acoustic but since i started on classical i could not get
used to the narrow neck.i need the 2" inch neck to be able to properly
use my left hand.so i gave up on it.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
yeah...the sad part of the life of this bright composer fella was not only the way he was ignored by the establishment, but being called "The Black Mozart".......and still do.

Chevalier de St Georges (son of a slave-mistress and a french wealthy planter) was born December 25, 1745..............almost 11 years before Mozart.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
THC as in The Hotel California.. interesting take on the songs meaning.. (and eagles connection to church of satan)

opposite take;
This song is really just about the West Coast music industry in the 1970s. These guys were on the top of the world and living it up in the most decadent era since Ancient Rome with the world, women, money, drugs, and anything that they wanted at their fingertips.

“Her mind is Tiffany-twisted” is about the famous jewelry retailer, the spirit of 1969 is the death of the idealism of the hippie counterculture, “you can check out anytime but you can never leave” is about addiction, and the whole song is about the gaping maw of music celebrity that was engulfing the band as they were nearing the peak of their popularity.

The funny thing is that it’s the Eagles. If it was Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin, I get it. Those guys used occult imagery and had a dark hard rock sound. But the Eagles didn’t use that kind of imagery or sing dark music. Their songs were catchy and fun. They were world-class hedonists, but Satanists? Hardly!

Don Henley also referred to the song as Mexican Raegge-like when they started working on it and pushed back against the common assumptions that the song was about drug addiction, or Satan worship: We were all middle-class kids from the Midwest; Hotel California' was our interpretation of the high life in Los Angeles.

“We haven’t had that spirit here since 1969, according to a prior interview with Henley, refers to the group Crosby, Stills and Nash who were a big inspiration for him.

I still buy what's on that video.. makes a lot of sense..

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Horoosh band: leading singer is Mehdi Darrabi.
هوروش بند - آخر منو به باد داد - ویدیو
The song was released a few months ago but the video is new

Last edited: