Favourite music band/group/song

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Here we're moving with the Byzantine sounds of Greece in to the Balkans and to a very similar tone sequences found in the Bulgarian church songs, over to the Black Sea to Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and northwest of Iran.
A kind of ground tone, which at first sight perceived to be filled with grief, while a strong beauty experience is notable. The sound of this piece evokes childhood fantasy back, a magical mood of the deep imagination of the child, a desperate mood that is difficult to return to as an adult.

Bygone era.

Divna Ljubojevic and Choir Melody "Belgrade" (Melodi Cherubic Hymn, Serbia).

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
This black-clad monk "Fr Seraphim" born in Dzveli Qanda, Georgia" with Assyrian backdrop has a plump background.
He has lived most of his life in Ukraine with a career in advanced mixed martial arts, worked as a bodyguard and even as a Ukraine security force until he found his faith and above all, the Voice!
Here with its sad appearance and shattered tone, however the eupeptic sound that characterizes the ancient church song he leads his flock of liturgy and sings on Aramaic, the language many believe was spoken by Jesus from Nazareth.
I experience the sound very brilliant and arresting, though mentioning I am having great lack of belief in the existence of any God.

The interview with georgianjournal.ge
– "You have probably seen Mel Gibson’s movie “The Passion of the Christ”, where Aramaic is spoken. Can you understand it? Is it identical to the language you speak?"
– "There are three languages used in the movie: Aramaic, Latin and Hebrew. And yes, I can freely understand Aramaic that is spoken in “The Passion of the Christ” – it is the same language that I wield."

Musical Aramaic rendition of the Our Father in Georgia "Psalm 50 In Aramaic".

Oct 18, 2010
and i came across the 2nd song in the previous post working on
a project and looking for the 'tehran tehran' song which evidently
the original version is by maziyar. anyone knows where i can get the
original version of this song?

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
seems to me these two songs were copied from each other.
i am not old enough to know which one was first but am hoping
some of the young at heart folks here can tell us.

They are both from around the same time, they seem to be in the same key but different rhythm, lots of songs are like that.
Although I am not an expert and my comment is just an uneducated one.
Both songs are very nice.

Oct 18, 2010
They are both from around the same time, they seem to be in the same key but different rhythm, lots of songs are like that.
Although I am not an expert and my comment is just an uneducated one.
Both songs are very nice.
yes the same key and pretty much the same arrangement(note the violin solo).
it's just seems to be transposed and shifted around some of the phrases from
the beginning to the middle of the song.
looks like iranian composers in the 70s did a lot copying.at least the guy who
did it here copied from a master.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Sly Jan ajab ahange toopi, man khorakam persian music e into chejoori peyda Mardi?
Hooshmand jan, a friend sent it to me via telegram. As soon as I heard it, I thought I must share it with you here. Lots of quality songs coming out of Iran these days. and you and I seem to have close tastes.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
مستندی جنجالی از مافیایی موسیقی ایران ، از مافیایی حامد همایون و حمید هیراد تا سایت رادیو جوان