Feb 11th News/Discussions (22 BAHMAN)

Jun 18, 2005
میدان ارک تبریز سراسر سبز شده است و مردم شعار می دهند امرور روز خون است یزید سرنگون است

Feb 7, 2004
خودروهای ضد شورش چینی ابتدای خیابان جام جم رو نمائی شدند. امروز قرار است از این خودروهای سرکوب علیه مردم استفاده شود

Jun 18, 2005
خيابان ستارخان و حوالي آريا شهر حضور مردم چشمگير است ...حضور نيروهاي امنيتي در سطح شهر چشمگير است

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
From Tehran, Wednesday.
@ Everyone had been told to go out tonight on the roof and shout "Allah o Akbar." Turnout, at least according to these two videos below, was relatively weak. But a resident of Gisha, in western Tehran, gave the following account: "Tonight I was really tired so I lay down to rest and apparently dozed off. However, the chanting of 'Allah o Akbar' was so loud, and so many had turned out for it, the roar shook me from my sleep."

@ Many people have created lists of do's and do-not-do's for tomorrow and are sharing it with others. This didn't happen in the lead up to prior protests and appears to show the growing maturity of the Green Movement.

Among the instructions are the following: show up early and disperse quickly at the end of official ceremonies to minimize the chances of arrest; try to get inside the Azadi Square perimeter where Ahmadinejad speaks in the early morning hours; don't be distracted with false rumors or provocations which are intended to prevent you from reaching the Square; keep within the space of your fellow-protesters (only those isolated from their groups are usually arrested); if arrested, do not under any circumstances confess you were picked up at or near the Square (initially all those arrested are thrown in one place with no information available on them); make an alibi with your family as a kind of false lead in case you are arrested; don't use text messages; have a second email which you never use since they would force you to provide them with your email and password during the interrogation; since individuals arrested are taken to a room where pictures of protesters are hung on the wall, change your jacket immediately with other detainees so that you won't be recognized; even if you are beaten harder initially, don't confess to being a protester because your sentence will be much lighter in the end.

@The strategy as discussed by many protesters is to have a whistle in their pocket tomorrow and use it when Ahmadinejad begins his speech. Also if they were able to get inside the inner perimeters of the Square, (since they will be searched before entry) to get pictures of Khamenei and Ahmadinejad and turn it upside down in front of the international press people. That would be the safest thing to do given that the enclosed area will be swarmed with agents and basijis.

@ A relatively new anti-regime organization called the "Theological Students and Teachers of Qom and Najaf Seminaries" has issued a statement on the eve of the February 11 protests urging a massive turnout to counter the regime's propaganda. The statement reads in part: "If this despotic regime, despite all its bogus might and omnipotence and despite its profanation and misuse of Islam and Qoran, has not undertaken executions (of opponents), it has been for one and only one reason: the presence of your mojahid and God-fearing people which... has shown to the entire world that this regime which has hidden its true identity behind a mask of Islam, has lost all its legitimacy... It was this civil, temperate resistance of yours in full accord with your Islamic-Persian culture that is bringing us to the cusp of victory."

Feb 7, 2004
سید خندان مقابل دانشگاه خواجه نصیر جمعیت زیادی در حال حرکت هست.جمعیت زیادی از مردم در میدان آزادی

Jun 18, 2005
I think the interesting thing so far is that there are no reports of arrests, beating up, or anything of that sort as of yet.

I expected these animals to be cracking down on the protesters already. This is just starting though.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
from twitter:

-There is a large crowd moving along Seyed Khandan bridge right across Khaje Nasir St.

-Bardia from Radio: THe situation is so tense, the crowd is getting bigger!

-Sec forces ask people to move not stop in Falakeh Sadeghieh

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com
نقل از امیربه فرشاد ابراهیمی جمعیت سبز به ماموران نیروی انتظامی مستقر در پل چوبی گل و نقل می دهند ! برخورد نیروی انتظامی امروز بسیار خوب است و با سبزها فقط می گویند "مراقب باشید​

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Live From Iran: all Iranian TV station showing synced broadcast

Reports: IRIB hasn't started broadcasting live.

Unconfirm, Report from Tabriz, Huge crowd in Arg Sq & around Bazar

I'm getting more and more reports of the Chinese anti-riot vehicles as well as basijis around IRIB in Jaam-e-Jam

Feb 7, 2004
ضلع شرقی میدان آزادی شاهد تعدادی از مردم است که شعار میدهند ما بی شماریم.صدای بلندگوها بسیار بلند است

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
[9:28AM Tehran Time]
Numerous reports of heavy security presence in Tehran.

[9:18AM Tehran Time]
Confirmed: People gathering in Tabriz and in Tehran. No details on specific areas yet.
Unconfirmed: Report of anti-riot trucks in Jam-e-Jam street.
Unconfirmed: Heavy security forces at Kargar Street, North of Enghelab Square.