Female Volleyball Fan arrested and in hunger strike

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
[h=2]غنچه قوامی بخاطر این عکس بازداشت شد؟[/h]
اخبار > سیاسی - سایت روزنامه بریتانیایی دیلی میل، در خبری ادعا کرد که غنچه قوامی پس از انتشار عکس زیر بازداشت شده است.

به گزارش ستاره نیوز به نقل از بهار نیوز، غنچه قوامی، 25 ساله، فارغ التحصیل دانشکده حقوق دانشگاه لندن، از 30 ژوئن سال جاری در زندان بسر می***برد. روزنامه دیلی میل با نوشتن این خبر ادامه داد: او قصد داشت با تعدادی دیگر از زنان علاقمند به وزرش والیبال، برای دیدن مسابقات به استادیوم آزادی برود. به گزارش دیلی میل، این عکس را یک گروه مدافع حقوق زنان پس از آنکه به آنها اجازه ورود به استادیوم آزادی داده نشد گرفته اند. این افراد فکر می***کردند که مقررات منع ورود زنان به استادیوم***ها لغو شده است.

قوامی بعد از 4 ساعت بازجویی به اتهام قصد ورود به استادیوم آزادی بازداشت شد. بعد از مدت کوتاهی پلیس او را آزاد کرد، اما چند روز بعد وقتی او برای گرفتن وسایل شخصیش مجددا به پلیس مراجعه کرد، موضوع دو پاسپورته بودن او مشخص می***شود و مجدد او را بازداشت می***کنند. در 23 سپتامبر غنچه قوامی رسما متهم به "تبلیغ علیه نظام" می***شود، اتهامی که می***تواند چندین سال ماندن در پشت میله های زندان را بدنبال داشته باشد. پرونده او قرار است بزودی از سوی دادگاه انقلاب مورد بررسی قرار بگیرد. قوامی، هم اکنون در سلول انفرادی زندان اوین است، و از اول ماه اکتبر برای روشن شدن وضعیت خود دست به اعتصاب غذا زده است

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
These thugs always ask Iranian expats to go back and visit Iran but they don't explain one wrong move you could land in jail for simply being a dual national. If this girl wasn't a British citizen she would never been rearrested .

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
These thugs always ask Iranian expats to go back and visit Iran but they don't explain one wrong move you could land in jail for simply being a dual national. If this girl wasn't a British citizen she would never been rearrested .
I know this girl on a more personal level. Two of her best friends are my friends. She did not go back because government asked her. She went there because she encouraged people to vote for Rouhani and after she thought it is good opportunity for civil society to start protesting. She went there by herself because she believed in it. Before this whole thing started she was warned. But she has enormous courage and believes in the path she chose, knowing that this would happen to her, she took this risk.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Btw, I dont think she was arrested for that picture ( iam not sure)

As I said, this girl has enormous courage. What she did was, when she was arrested the first time, she smuggled her phone into the remand place and took a few pictures there and then put on FB. So, it maybe that she is arrested for that. Well, at least, that what I have heard from people close to her (although even they are not sure if that is the case).

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I know this girl on a more personal level. Two of her best friends are my friends. She did not go back because government asked her. She went there because she encouraged people to vote for Rouhani and after she thought it is good opportunity for civil society to start protesting. She went there by herself because she believed in it. Before this whole thing started she was warned. But she has enormous courage and believes in the path she chose, knowing that this would happen to her, she took this risk.
I think you might have misunderstood me. I didn’t say she went back because the government specifically asked her to come back. Whatever her intentions were for going back she doesn’t deserve to be in this situation. Last year when Rouhani and his gang came to NYC for the UN they made it a point to tell the Iranian expat community to visit Iran and they said it’s safe for ALL Iranian expats to go back. But Iranians who hold dual nationality still face dangers for just simply being a dual national. Like I said if this girl didn’t hold a British passport she would have never been rearrested.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Like I said if this girl didn’t hold a British passport she would have never been rearrested.
That's not true Maziar. Anyone attempting to organize a protest in Iran gets arrested. In fact, she probably got lucky she holds British citizenship or else she could've simply vanished and her body could've been found by the roadside.

Remember Taraneh Mousavi?

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
That's not true Maziar. Anyone attempting to organize a protest in Iran gets arrested. In fact, she probably got lucky she holds British citizenship or else she could've simply vanished and her body could've been found by the roadside.

Remember Taraneh Mousavi?

I don’t disagree with that. People in Iran obviously have to put up with the BS laws in Iran on a daily basis and are arrested more often. My point was that dual nationals are a bigger target for people in Iran that want to use people like this poor girl as a political weapon. From what I understand (and I could be wrong) this girl was arrested, released and once they found out she was a British citizen she was rearrested when she went to pick up her belongings. The same is true with Amir Hekmati the former US marine. The poor guy went to the Iran’s interest section of the Pakistani embassy in DC before he travelled to Iran to just to be on the safe side and told them he is a former marine and asked if he was safe to go back to visit an elderly grandparent and was told yes and then he was arrested and has been for the last 2 years in Iran. His dad had a heart attack since then because all of this and he could die soon without seeing his son. These are the well known cases , there are hundreds of cases where people had their passports confiscated for simple things like posting a political message on facebook.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
hope she gets released soon.

She is a gutsy woman. Hunger strike requires a lot courage and self discipline.
Gutsy for sure.

However, one thing I have hugely problem with is that for people like her there is much publicity while for many other courages political prisoners there is not much. I find it unfair that your connection to the regime through family ties helps you a lot in your cause. Remember she was writing for BBC-farsi (political and social articles) and at the same time she was spending time in Iran during holidays, coming and going without any trouble because her father is rich and has connections. I find it a bit unfair towards so many other political prisoners whose name many of us do not even know of.

At the same time, I guess if these people pay the price it will be a lot better since they will not harm them as much as the others.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am not gone lose sleep over her having gone under the radar of intelligence agencies.
In fact I am glad it she was lucky that long that you put mentioned.

yes you could argue people with foreign passport get more attention. but what can you do life is not fair.

at least somebody is getting some credit.

Last edited:

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
LOL.

This made me laugh, then I stopped. I am still shaking my head in disbelief.
Yep, sounds funny. But I personally find even more funny are the non-existent solutions that our so called oppositions or people who oppose the regime have put forward in the past 35 years.

If you know a bit about history, you realize that in a few years you might actually be thanking people like her.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Yep, sounds funny. But I personally find even more funny are the non-existent solutions that our so called oppositions or people who oppose the regime have put forward in the past 35 years.

If you know a bit about history, you realize that in a few years you might actually be thanking people like her.
I know enough history to realise that the so called election of Rouhani or any other so called reformist, means squat. In fact the pressure on people gets worse.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Yes, like the first time that AN was voted in power, starting from the way he was voted in the local elections. almost 10 years has passed since. I believe 100% if the people had not let the hardliners take power in the parliamentary elections of 2004 and the few elections after that, the country, the political institutions, the state of political prisoners, media, civil society, women-rights, international relations and economy would have been in a far better situation.

We had this discussion before. However, I always say if boycotting is going to solve anything and make things better, you absolutely should. If not, and if you just decide to boycott for the same dogmatic reasons of a typical middle-eastern person who sticks forever to a certain idea (be it religion, ideology or a simple idea like whether boycott or not the elections) then at least dont try to make push it on others. Especially not on those who live inside and have to bear it everyday. I for one look at numbers and evidence.