Ferdosipour: Slaughtering of Farsi language and etiquette

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I cannot believe this clown's commentary on Iran vs. Morocco. He has always been a clown, but that was just beyond ridiculous. Has Farsi really declined to this level? Have people become accustomed to phrases such as "Joonam" being used by a commentator calling a national game?

Am I the only one appalled by this garbage? Someone shoot me please.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Utter shit he is. You are not alone. Not professional at all. The guy is super annoying and a freaking clown. Maybe smart in certain fields and I am not sure how on earth he is a university professor but a national Shame and disaster all together. Not only he can’t talk properly it’s realky freighting tens of millions of people in Iran have to listen to this pathetic clown.

Nov 10, 2002
I cannot believe this clown's commentary on Iran vs. Morocco. He has always been a clown, but that was just beyond ridiculous. Has Farsi really declined to this level? Have people become accustomed to phrases such as "Joonam" being used by a commentator calling a national game?

Am I the only one appalled by this garbage? Someone shoot me please.
I never ever watch football on Iran TV. It is painful to watch.

Sly

Football Legend
Oct 18, 2002
I also reacted to that. Although I think Ferdosipour's commentaries are usually good but it was just not like him to suddenly blurt out unprofessional words like that!

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
. Although I think Ferdosipour's commentaries are usually good ...
How?! Just how man?! This guy has single handedly fucked up people's understanding of sport-speech in Farsi. As if that idiot Khiabani hadn't done enough, this guy founded the ridiculous "So'ali"-tone that we're all now used to. If you don't know what I mean, just pay attention to his tone when he's commentating a game. Every sentence ends in a question mark.

Example:

حالا شجاعی توپو دریافت میکن____ه؟
یه سانتر کوتاه خوشگل مینداز_____ه؟
فرصت هس_____ت؟

آخ آخ چرا اونجا اینجوری چیزشونو خاروندن؟ ای وای! نزدیک بود تخممون بیاد تو حلقمووووووون؟ شانس آوردیم نیومد حلقمون خفه بشی_____م؟

جونم پری خانوم! آخ بیا وسط. جون. چه پر و پاچه ای داره. جونم

Sly

Football Legend
Oct 18, 2002
LOOOOOOOOOOL...... well, I think it's the way he talks. I don't think he means to say it as a question. :D Mind you I like Khiabani too even with his antique commentaries. The one I can't stand is Mazdak! He thinks too much of himself.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
زود تو حرف این وان میپره گزارش میکنه اسم بازی کن ها را دیر میگه بعضی وقتا طرف گل زده اسم او را نمیگه..

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Lingo like جونم is becoming common place in Iran. I find it to be on the cheap side, but am hearing it more often in Iran. He is not the best commentator, but he has been a nuisance for IFF. In that respect, I can forgive his جونم.