Fiba wc 2014!

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Iran lost by 30 ponits again wide margine.. i just dont know why we never score more than 60 points against top teams... Fair play to Philipines who lost in extra time
81-78 against a top European team Croatia .. Against Brazil expect 50 to 60 points from Iran as usual !! we are just not good enough end of..

Aug 21, 2005
next door
^^i watch the game, the score line does not do justice, the difference IMO between iran and spain is not 30 pts but rather 15 pts. we just turn the ball over too many times, lazy on defense and transition basketball, rebounding and not being able to knock down open looks!! if we had done this even at half ass we would have lost by only 15 pts. our basketball is really behind the world basketball when we can't even play 101 basketball. you can't hit open jump shots, grab the rebound and miss open layups and no hustle plays you can't win games and stay in the game. I think everyone was just happy to be at the WC.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^i watch the game, the score line does not do justice, the difference IMO between iran and spain is not 30 pts but rather 15 pts. we just turn the ball over too many times, lazy on defense and transition basketball, rebounding and not being able to knock down open looks!! if we had done this even at half ass we would have lost by only 15 pts. our basketball is really behind the world basketball when we can't even play 101 basketball. you can't hit open jump shots, grab the rebound and miss open layups and no hustle plays you can't win games and stay in the game. I think everyone was just happy to be at the WC.
I didn't watch the game but that makes me feel a little better, after all Span is arguably the 2nd best team in the world. They got Silver several times in the Olympics and I'm sure they won some Euro's as well. However, the turnovers and missed jump shots kill you, I mean just KILL you because now you are in a world of shit because now you need to play transition D. I'm pretty sure we stink at that department. You either take it to the hole or you pass until you can hit the open man for the 3 it's a simple as that take high percentage shots or open 3's don't settle for jump shots. That is how Michigan State lost the lead to Uconn in the elite 8 they were wining when they jammed it in but then the jump shots killed them. Were the Gasol brothers playing?

Iran better shape up because there are teams as good as Spain in this tourney.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It's not that bad Spain had Mark and Pau Gasol in the line up, we settled for a bunch of jump shots and we had turnovers we could have lost by 15 not 30. Where can you live stream the Iran Brazil match? I know Brazil just beat France but only by a few points. They have Barbosa so you better watch out he is a formidable NBA guy.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Brazil have come back and leading 17-16 as expected

i think Brazil just under estimated iran at the start of the match !!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dam Brazil turned their defense into points just like that Brazil is up by 7. When 3 out of 5 starters are NBA guys and you are still hanging in there, that is not bad. Iran still has a chance at this but Hidari needs to not be in the lane for 3 seconds. We can't have that when you are down by 7.