Fiba wc 2014!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
pathetic ... Brazil are running away with it 29-20

we were 8 points ahead at the beggining
That's what happens when you turn the ball over and the other team has 3 NBA players. I know two start Barbosa and Nene I don't know if Varajow(spelling) starts or is in the NBA but he played in Cleveland with LeBron so he is an NBA caliber guy. Sloppy play long scoring drought now it's pretty much over for Iran. They are also settling for long jump shots. Brazil forced 6 steals, 11 turnovers and Iran has 2 points to show for this quarter.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
That's what happens when you turn the ball over and the other team has 3 NBA players. I know two start Barbosa and Nene I don't know if Varajow(spelling) starts or is in the NBA but he played in Cleveland with LeBron so he is an NBA caliber guy. Sloppy play long scoring drought now it's pretty much over for Iran. They are also settling for long jump shots. Brazil forced 6 steals, 11 turnovers and Iran has 2 points to show for this quarter.
You know more about Basketball than me .. but we are got a few players in NBA too should do a bit better

Isnt Arsalan Kazemi in NBA?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You know more about Basketball than me .. but we are got a few players in NBA too should do a bit better

Isnt Arsalan Kazemi in NBA?
Well Khazemi was the 2nd round pick for the 76ers in the 2013 draft but he didn't even play a single minute. Also I think Hidari had a stint with a few teams but those players are no where in the class as Barbosa and Nene Hilario or Varajow(spelling) because those guys started or are starting on an NBA roster. It's one thing to make the team, it's another to be on the starting 5. We do have a few NBA calliber guys but overall the team is not good that is the problem. Imagine it in EPL terms you have guys who get to make the roster from countries like Iran but that doesn't mean they are good enough to be starters.

I think Khazemi most likely get's playing time playing for the 76er's D league team. You prove yourself there like Leanord did for the Spurs and then you get to become a star player. It is really hard to become an NBA starter.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
lol I switched it back to the Arsenal LC game this one is over. I would like to see Khazemi get some minutes with the 76ers if not this season, next season. He needs to take advantage of preseason games and the D league because that is what he will see for the next few years. Still, playing in the D league is a million times better than playing in Iran. You still have good college basketball players who quite didn't make it to the pro's but they go there to get a shot at the NBA.

BTW I only know more about the NBA than you because it's big here you know more about EPL socce,r outside of Arsenal, than me I'll guarantee you that. EPL is just starting to get big here we are now finally getting live games like you guys. I might not know Brazil's national team but I can spot their NBA guys for you.

I also like the fact that you are a boxing guy, which means you probably watch the UFC as well so I have someone here I can talk about the fights with. I grew up with boxing but my generation was the first generation to grow up with UFC and boxing.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
51 - 30

This is a far worse performance than the one gainst 2nd best team in the world Spain
lol 57-32. To be honest with you, I think Brazil will give Spain a run for their money they are just as good as Spain but Spain will be playing home. So far Iran is getting spanked but most teams would get spanked by Brazil and Spain. Brazil up by 25 now haha.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
No Slam dunks no 3 pointers from iranian players and Giving the ball away cheaply.. I reckon bunch of American girls would beat this Iranian team

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iran's problem is they are in the toughest group. Despite the fact that there is no USA, I'm 99% sure that Spain, Brazil, France and Serbia are all top ten teams. Those four teams will advance out of group A but the positioning might be by how many points you beat up Iran by and I forgot about the other team. Those guys all have NBA players on their rosters. They will meet four teams from group and three should be Croatia, Greece and Puerto Rico.

final 79-50.
1-too many turnovers
2-too many jump shots
3-no defense.

It's a simple formula that high school varsity teams get but apparently not Iran. I expect them to lose to Brazil but I expect them to compete and not just give the ball away at one point Iran only had 2 buckets to show for and the quarter was almost over.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
79 - 50 FT

Poor performance .. gave the ball away again and again ..
Beat me to it I added a few more things on the post before. Iran just got unfortunate they have four stacked teams not only Spain and Brazil are good but France and Serbia are not schmucks either. I believe both France and Serbia are top 10, they were last time I looked at their rankings. France still has Mr. Tony Parker and Serbia always has a few Ivich's who play pro ball.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You got to remember one thing even if these guys are not playing in the NBA, they are getting paid good money in Europe and there is good coaching plus competition. Iran doesn't have that luxury. I always argue Iranian players would have more success in Europe it's more of a finesse style of play NBA is too physical for Iranians to handle. It's just the truth maybe one or two can be a bench player but they won't be starters I"ll promise you that much. They can however, start and make a nice living in Europe.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
absolute embarrassment. this team does not deserve to be in the wc. just like yesterday, turn overs, poor shot selection, no defense, no effort, individual plays.

the basketball IQ is very low in this team. if you just play 101 basketball you would not loose this bad, we can't even play basic simple basketball.