Field the B team

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Making it to the World Cup means very little if you don't do well in it. If we cannot beat KSA at home at least by a margin of three goals, we don't belong to the WC and we will not do well even if we miraculously make it.

Get a world-class coach.
Filed the future team.

It is time to move on and build a new team. This is an excellent opportunity for the B-team to gain experience.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I definitely agree with you and agree that we need to hire a foreign coach instead of hiring any dumbass Iranian coach. We need to prepare for the 2014 wc in Brazil and stop wasting time with this world cup. We need to let old players like Mahdavikia, Hashemian,Teymourian, and I would also like to include Shojaei in there as well because Shojaei to be honest is crap and I was right about the overrated thread when I made at the beginning. We need to get rid of players like Kazemi who only do so and so and get us no where in tm and need to find better iranian players in Iran or around the world. We need to replace Hoesseini, Aghili and Kaebi because they are inconsistent and poor and trying out new defenders. We need to start using Kaveh Rezaei and giving him experience on tm for the 2014 world cup and most importantly we need to play an attacking football instead of having 4 defenders if we want to win games. We need to start passing and our players should stop showing off which in my opinion makes them more overrated and we need to replace all the members of the current Iff including Kafashian(the devil himself), Mehidi Taj(the second devil) and Ali Abadi(One of the high ranked devil who knows nothing about sports but just wants to be there to get big money) with smarter and knowledgeable people who know things about sports.

Last edited:

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
They are still looking to qualify and make a name and some cash. If we do qualify, we keep our fingers crossed to be in weak group and hope to get at least a tie.

At this point they will not spend money on a world class coach for an under 21% chance of qualifying.

If we look beyond this WC, get a great coach, and give the future players a chance we will have a different expectations other than حفظ آبرو when it comes to the World Cup. Give the future a chance.

Jan 23, 2003
Making it to the World Cup means very little if you don't do well in it. If we cannot beat KSA at home at least by a margin of three goals, we don't belong to the WC and we will not do well even if we miraculously make it.

Get a world-class coach.
Filed the future team.

It is time to move on and build a new team. This is an excellent opportunity for the B-team to gain experience.
I dont really subscribe to that logic:

1) In WCQ98, we couldnt beat Kuwait nor KSA at home. Yet we somehow qualified and had a respectable performance. So a change in coach, an addition of a few players, plus WC fever will make it a completely different proposition.

2) 4 years is a very long time, even for a lifespan of a fan, let alone career span of a player! When Iran is playing in it we all watch and enjoy it with our families. Why should a nation give up its 20% chance in order to aim for 5 years time. Who knows what ones situation will be. The same for players

3) The inconsistency of players has shown that quite frankly what we see from a player when he is 18 does not mean he will be better at 24. Kaabi, Kazemian are good examples. So supposing we play the U23 for the NK game (aiming for experience), who is to say we can be certain that experience will 100% be made use of?

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Abedzadeh jaan, we were lucky in 98, damn lucky.

We can not keep going for 20% or less chances. It is hard to see the old players go, but they must. The future B-team will have pretty much the same chance to make it and perform okay in the WC if they make it. Give them a chance now and in the next WC they will have 50% or better chance and gradually we can pull ourselves up. Of course that is only one step. The big step is to change our management and its temp fix attitude geared toward short-term success. We have to start building the future.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Planning for 2014? Wake up guys. When was the last time IFF saw beyond its nose? baa baa nareh. inghadr nagin bedoosh.

Jan 23, 2003
Abedzadeh jaan, we were lucky in 98, damn lucky.

We can not keep going for 20% or less chances. It is hard to see the old players go, but they must. The future B-team will have pretty much the same chance to make it and perform okay in the WC if they make it. Give them a chance now and in the next WC they will have 50% or better chance and gradually we can pull ourselves up. Of course that is only one step. The big step is to change our management and its temp fix attitude geared toward short-term success. We have to start building the future.
Mashtnaghi jan depends. We were lucky to qualify but dont think we were lucky with our results. Infact we were unlucky v Yugoslavia.

Also again as I said WC is a major occasion for a football fans life, let alone a player. We mus make the most of even 1% chance. As a fan (one in 70 million) I dont want to wait 5 years.

Thirdly I really dont think that the WC2014 team are going to have a better campaign if they play 3 matches in June of 2009 (and thats assuming we know who are plaers are going to be around 2014.)