FIFA World Cup Group B: | IRAN vs SPAIN |Information, Updates & Live Reports| june 20th

Oct 18, 2010
game plan went as expected.iran defended well and
got their chance but #10 missed it.spain scored right
after that miss.
the mission is now even clearer: beat portugal.

Feb 4, 2005
Its doable. Agha put 2 guys on CR, the rest of team is crap... we might get lucky...

Morocco almost scored on team, I think we have better finisher than morocco.. our do or die game from the beginning was Portugal game..
We don’t have to get lucky. We pushed back spain and had three scoring chances in second half. Here’s how much i believe in them. I changed my prediction against Oranges to 2-1 Iran

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Guys ... think about it this way, even if we tied today, we had to beat Portugal in the last game to go through, cause they have scored more goal than us. So no change in the final game strategy whatsoever.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Guys ... think about it this way, even if we tied today, we had to beat Portugal in the last game to go through, cause they have scored more goal than us. So no change in the final game strategy whatsoever.
I said that from the beginning, This game won't really matter. We need to beat Portugal after they won against Morocco..

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Dameshoon garm good job team e melli we were unfortunate today .

I thought it was the right call on the offsides, that was unfortunate but I loved that we fought against Spain. I have a feeling we are going to get at lease a tie vs Portugal on to the next game, they did not impress me vs Morocco.
Sorry hombre... I hate this new fly.... VAR (sounds like a disease), couldn't they start with this VAR from the next World Cup?

Feb 4, 2005
I said that from the beginning, This game won't really matter. We need to beat Portugal after they won against Morocco..
This was a perfect prep game against a giant team and a huge boost of confidence that we can rub shoulders with much bigger teams. I just hope we recover in time for last game. Portugal is not better than Spain

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
My rating (1-10) of Irans player vs Spain. lets have your too

Beiranvand 8
Saved several shots. Controlled the defending line. Could do little to save the rebounded goal

Haji Safi 7
Leaded the team. great DF skills, with some small ball lost.

Hosseini 7
on his wc debut He filled the gap created by Cheshmis injury. And did a solid job

Puoraliganji 8
Awake. defenders leader. many great clears.

Rezaeian 5
Today was once again not Ramis day. Tried hard but lost many balls, and had the unfurtune roll in Spains goal.

Ezatolahi 8
On his WC debut he proved why he was missing in the MAR match. control, vision and also scored only denied by VAR.

Ebrahimi 7
He ran a lot, but seemed stressed at times leading to make wrong runs.

Ansarifard 8
Fighter. won many balls. had many challanges and almost scored in 1st half

Amiri 7
fighter. able to move the ball couple of yard away from Irans goal. had som good and som bad passes

Azmoun 6
Without many contra balls to work with, Sardar did great defending an also head-extending long balls

Taremi 9
Irans best on the day. He was every where. Mostly defending, but also recovering the ball and attacking. He gave it all, and if he had scored on the late chance he would get 10.

Subs:

Milad 8
Replacing Haj Safi, Irans attacking game increased dramaticly by Milads enter. He recoverd alot and had many good deep passes.

Jahanbakhsh 7
Replacing Karim, Jahan also did a lot of defending and recovering, but his creativity ment Iran created more forward.

Ghoddos -
Replacing Amiri in 86´, he had little time to create much. He ran and tried to stress Spains DF.

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
It has been many years since I have been active here. Why do you guys still fight each other? 😄 It is a public forum and someone will always say something that is annoying. Just let it go.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Irans goal was not offside nor was there any hand touch. I blame CQ for this lose too. 1- he has too much respect for Azmoun. Gucci would have helped us.
2-Amiri was doing fine and should not have been taken out. He plays too defensive.
CQ was not happy with referee too.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
Except that a draw against Spain and Portugal would give Iran 5 points. In that scenario, Spain would be eliminated in case of a draw or loss in their match against Morocco. So, the last match would become a must win for Spain

Last edited: