FIFA World Cup Group B: | IRAN vs SPAIN |Information, Updates & Live Reports| june 20th

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't know why we can't have the physical training we had ahead of the WC, all the times and ahead of AC and WCQ games too. Why do we have to compared ourselves with Asia when we play in Asia all the times?

We'd be able to beat all Asian teams quite easily!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I just want to say I am so proud of the way Iran played. Football can be a cruel game from being lucky vs Morocco vs unlucky with Spain. If we would have had a couple of decent friendly games, we could have been on top of this group. I am proud the way our team fought and we are still not out of this. I hope everyone is doing well.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
i don't understand all these pundits who criticize iran for the
way they played.
their claim is spain is a good team but iran played in a way to
stop them from being a good team.well duh, isn't that the idea?
why should iran play the way spain likes them to play?
classic case of orientalism from westerners and gharbzadegi from our own friends.

If Iceland or some other kk team with blonde players play like this, they call it brave, tactically advanced, intelligent, blablabla.
Because Iran plays like this, it is antifootball or whatever.

May 4, 2003
number of pass is meaningless really. you can have 100 short pass between yourselves. possession is also meaningless. as they say " it does not mater how big "it" is , how you use it is important!! " if you know what i mean!!!!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
number of pass is meaningless really. you can have 100 short pass between yourselves. possession is also meaningless. as they say " it does not mater how big "it" is , how you use it is important!! " if you know what i mean!!!!
Zackly ….! as they say in south London !

Where is Hooshi by the way ?! csn't be absent at this moment in time Hooshi jan where are you ?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
classic case of orientalism from westerners and gharbzadegi from our own friends.

If Iceland or some other kk team with blonde players play like this, they call it brave, tactically advanced, intelligent, blablabla.
Who cares if they call it anti-football because it is football and you are allowed to play in any way that you like as long as it follows the rules, result is the only thing that matters.

Not entirely true, though I know what you mean.

Iceland plays a lot better football than Iran. Both teams play brave and KIRI football, but Iceland does it better. Both teams are boring as fuck and wouldn't be missed at all by the neutral fan.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Not entirely true, though I know what you mean.

Iceland plays a lot better football than Iran. Both teams play brave and KIRI football, but Iceland does it better. Both teams are boring as fuck and wouldn't be missed at all by the neutral fan.
I really don’t see how Iceland plays better but ok. At the end of the day, in the only game so far where Iceland were favorites and had something to lose, they fucked up bad and the guy who has never missed a penalty in England shoot it to the moon. But ok, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I really don’t see how Iceland plays better but ok. At the end of the day, in the only game so far where Iceland were favorites and had something to lose, they fucked up bad and the guy who has never missed a penalty in England shoot it to the moon. But ok, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
How right you are with "beauty is in the eye of the beholder "

We were excellent against Morocco and Spain ….apart from the first 20 minutes of our first game ,but you see what you want to see for sure ...

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I just want to say I am so effing proud of this team. Was it an offside, that was a judgement call, I am going to say yes but it was a hand ball. Does it matter now, not really but VAR hurt us. If Iran had a couple of decent friendly games, we could have been on top of this group. I am so proud we defended beautifully and almost scored the tying goal, we can now hang with teams like Spain who have over 700 completed passes a game.

We are still in this thing it is not over yet but CQ needs to go for broke and attack vs Portugal, we can't defend too much. I hope all of my hamvatans are doing well sorry it's been hard for me to post.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Baba we are the most negative people on the face of the earth, whatever we do, however we do it we Iranians will criticize it as others phrase it. I am proud of this team's heart and determination, I can't care less if they play boring blah blah, the result is the only thing that matters and we almost tied the giant Spanish team which destroy teams, we are still in it and this team needs support not some BS negs...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
hummm....so I just realized....... didn't Nike forbid our players to wear their shoes? Then how come Taremi was wearing Nike shoes during this game?!!!