FIFA World Cup Group B: Morocco - Iran; Information, Updates & Live Reports

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
What a pro and a gentleman. It seems like he will be staying with Iran after the WC. Now imagine some Iranian coaches representing Iran on the international arena. He has put the confidence on Iran to really give it their best. The sports books all have Morocco favored but Iran is not to be underestimated.
I sincerely hope so ,when everything else been going against us he has been a blessing for team melli in the past 7 years , I hope to see him for another 5 years in charge .

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I think he made an awful decision and sold his integrity and respect. He is good enough to lead Spain and will land that huge club job as well. Plus he had extended his contract. He could have waited till after the tournament. Its really unprofessional in my opinion how he acted and how he went about it.
Spain does not do good In world cup very often even they have the best league maybe they have these sort of problems.

1529030904447.png

Iran coach Carlos Queiroz insisted his team will use the problems which have afflicted their World Cup preparation as inspiration, not excuses, ahead of their opening game against Morocco on Friday.

Despite Nike refusing to supply football boots because of global economic sanctions against Iran, striker Mehdi Taremi sustaining an injury and federation chief Mehdi Tadsch suffering a heart attack, Queiroz remained stoic.

"What maybe not everyone knows is that we have not allowed, under any circumstances, [problems] to become justifications or excuses," Queiroz told a news conference Thursday.

"We are not using them as any kind of justification or apology. The difficulties are a source of inspiration and creativity, to be more efficient and more competent during games."

Iran start their fifth World Cup campaign against Morocco in Group B, although both teams will find it hard to finish ahead of Spain, World Cup 2010 winners, and Portugal, reigning European champions.

However, Queiroz insisted his players would fight against the odds.

"We concede they are favourites but we don't tolerate anybody telling us that we are not capable of winning," added the former Real Madrid and Portugal manager.

"We don't tolerate anybody undermining our expectations and our hopes. We are here to compete with the favourites. We hope the gods of football speak [louder] and they make the decisions."

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
What we saw today was a KSA team that gave up four goals in the latter parts of each half. This shows that fitness which almost always goes hand in hand with age is of outmost importance. Perhaps that is why Queiroz left Sayed Jalal behind as he may not have been able to anchor our defense for 90+ minutes. Here are the teams by age average.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/865746/fifa-world-cup-2018-russia-teams-by-average-player-age/
I think the lingering confidence of playing against Argentina will give us the edge tomorrow to win against Morocco.

Last edited:

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
گربه پیشگوی روسی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران را به عنوان برنده بازی نخست گروه
B
جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ برابر مراکش اعلام کرد

خب بدبخت شدیم . این گربه با پیش بینی برد عربستان تو بازی اول رید :)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
گربه پیشگوی روسی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران را به عنوان برنده بازی نخست گروه
B
جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ برابر مراکش اعلام کرد

خب بدبخت شدیم . این گربه با پیش بینی برد عربستان تو بازی اول رید :)
Did it not predict Russia win?
According to 90 it did...
It's a must win game for us and about time Morocco lose.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Russia has not invested so much money to hold a world cup and lose to KSA. Do not overate KSA and underrate Russia. Russia will come far.

Feb 4, 2005
I have never wanted Iran to fuck as many teams as possible at a World Cup. Not even in 98. I want them to roll out "Fuck Nike! Fuck Bibi! Fuck MBS! Fuck Trump!" Banners after every goal.
How about FCUK Nike? It won’t have legal implications but surely shows the intent

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
WTF, Cheshmi in center back

Beyranvadn
Montazeri Chesmi Pourali ghanji Milad mohammadi
Ebrahimi, Hajsafi, Shojaei
Jahanbakhsh, Azmount, Amiri
Dude...what is your source? It's always wrong.

This is the lineup:

بیرانوند، احسان حاج صفی، روزبه چشمی، مرتضی پورعلی گنجی، رامین رضاییان، مسعود شجاعی، امید ابراهیمی، وحید امیری، کریم انصاری فر، علیرضا چهانبخش و سردار آزمون

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1530663/ترکیب-تیم-ملی-برابر-مراکش-اعلام-شد