FIFA World Cup Group B: Morocco - Iran; Information, Updates & Live Reports

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I expected a lot more from both teams. I knew Iran would park the bus, but better than this. Morocco on the other hand was shockingly garbage. They've played much better than this and it wasn't like Iran was pressing them enough to disrupt their game.

Iran played well in defense (as always). Midfield and attack were a big fat zero.
Have the same feeling! but I think both teams were very nervous! That stopped them from playing better than they did.

I also think lack of Ezatollahi killed Iran's game. I think we could have played so much better against this Morocco if he was there.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I expected a lot more from both teams. I knew Iran would park the bus, but better than this. Morocco on the other hand was shockingly garbage. They've played much better than this and it wasn't like Iran was pressing them enough to disrupt their game.

Iran played well in defense (as always). Midfield and attack were a big fat zero.
Now you see when I mentioned they will play emotional and that’s exactly what happened.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Have the same feeling! but I think both teams were very nervous! That stopped them from playing better than they did.

I also think lack of Ezatollahi killed Iran's game. I think we could have played so much better against this Morocco if he was there.
Remember my post about Moroccans being emotional احساساتى

Thought Ebrahimi did a decent job filling in for Ezzatollahi. It was mostly Shojaei and Jahanbakhsh who repeatedly gave the ball away very easily. This rendered Azmoun and Ansarifard completely useless. No ball was reaching them.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
man of the match was given to #18 of morocco but for my
money iran's keeper and #9 were the best for iran.

That no 18 was very dangerous but our lads stood up to them like a rock , I said a few months ago that with the level of teams in the world cup we must make sure we take our chances well .
Sardar and Karim both had golden opportunity to score ,Reza Gucci would have scored both those chances.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Thought Ebrahimi did a decent job filling in for Ezzatollahi. It was mostly Shojaei and Jahanbakhsh who repeatedly gave the ball away very easily. This rendered Azmoun and Ansarifard completely useless. No ball was reaching them.
Sure (yes am very pleased and impressed by Ebrahimi actually) but if Ezatollahi was there, I think the lineup and the tactics would have differed too. Shojaei may not have been there then.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Fishing in muddy waters?! I didn't see them getting emotional at all. If anything, they could've used some hot-heads to give them some urgency. They were uninspiring and lacked creativity.
Sure, that’s what playing emotional does to you. You gotta realize that it can work for or against you. But mostly against you.