FIFA World Cup Group B: Morocco - Iran; Information, Updates & Live Reports

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It is so nice to see so many old friends again. I think CQ had the right defensive strategy. I think Chesmi, Ebrahimi and Birnavand all played great. Taremi mentioned CQ saw that Morocco get frustrated and do unusual things, when other teams play this kind of defense.

We allowed them to control possession but that is a meaningless stat, if you cannot finish and do anything with it. I hope all of my Manhattans are doing well, it is nice to see so many old friends.

Dec 30, 2014
I need to see the game again ,was he not man marked heavily ?
shame he had no crosses to use his headers ...
Oghab jan... When it is Iran's game, I can never concentrate on what is going on in terms of tactics, individual performance, etc. I have to watch the game later to see what actually happened. I watched the game again this morning. I have to say, I was very impressed with the Morocco team upon watching the game again. Individually, they have some great players. It was a cruel way to lose. On the other hand, I think Iran executed its plan's near perfectly, with a bit of luck and moments of brilliance from Beira.

I watched some of the other games. I have to say that Iran played with much more discipline than most of the other teams. For example the just concluded game between Peru and Denmark, although entertaining, was full of mistakes, not technical mistakes by individual players, but tactical by the whole team.

I would be interested in your thoughts (and Kasra Khan) if and when you get another look at the game again.

p.s. After watching the post-game match by CQ, my respect for him doubled. Watch it if you have the time.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Oghab jan... When it is Iran's game, I can never concentrate on what is going on in terms of tactics, individual performance, etc. I have to watch the game later to see what actually happened. I watched the game again this morning. I have to say, I was very impressed with the Morocco team upon watching the game again. Individually, they have some great players. It was a cruel way to lose. On the other hand, I think Iran executed its plan's near perfectly, with a bit of luck and moments of brilliance from Beira.

I watched some of the other games. I have to say that Iran played with much more discipline than most of the other teams. For example the just concluded game between Peru and Denmark, although entertaining, was full of mistakes, not technical mistakes by individual players, but tactical by the whole team.

I would be interested in your thoughts (and Kasra Khan) if and when you get another look at the game again.

p.s. After watching the post-game match by CQ, my respect for him doubled. Watch it if you have the time.
It's really good to read your posts and your valued comments on TeamMeli.
I am exactly the same! 😃 too much tension and nerves taking over.
I have not been able watch it again but hope to soon.
I am very proud of our lads.
It is a great victory despite all the odds and obstacles home and away

Oct 18, 2010
best analysis of the iran vs morocco coaching decisions
and tactical approach i've read.the first thing carlos said
in his post match press conference was 'our plan was to
frustrate the morocco players' and his plan worked nicely
thanks to the effort and excellent execution of his players.
expect the same approach vs spain and portugal but with
different players and team shape.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/morocco/...ds-tactical-approach-handicap-morocco-vs-iran

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
best analysis of the iran vs morocco coaching decisions
and tactical approach i've read.the first thing carlos said
in his post match press conference was 'our plan was to
frustrate the morocco players' and his plan worked nicely
thanks to the effort and excellent execution of his players.
expect the same approach vs spain and portugal but with
different players and team shape.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/morocco/...ds-tactical-approach-handicap-morocco-vs-iran
He frustrates the morocco players once he can see mental collapse in their behavior he sends Taremi in. If you noticed he didn't want to take Ebrahimi out even he was injured. He needed another substitution.

Last edited: