جلیلی
علی لاریجانی
مشائی
ضرغامی
رویانیان
حسین خیراندیش
مجید انصاری
جاسبی
If Velayati runs, it means Khamenei wants him to do so because he is afraid of anyone else and he will get the job. If Mashaei is allowed to run, it means that West is about to attack Iran and Mullahs are setting up a show to fool them using their pro-Israeli less religious puppet they waroked so hard to portray for such a doom day. Otherwise it is between Qalibaf and Larijani.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Forget about the list. The biggest question here is what Eslah talabs and their supporters will be doing ?? Will they try to introduce a candidate in this election ? Will they encourage people to participate in this election? Or will they try to boycott this election ?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Forget about the list. The biggest question here is what Eslah talabs and their supporters will be doing ?? Will they try to introduce a candidate in this election ? Will they encourage people to participate in this election? Or will they try to boycott this election ?
That's actually very interesting! Anyways I think this time, people wont be voting at all.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It is hard to say what reformists might do.
they will probabley not make a decision untill a month left to it all to see what they dynamics on the ground are.

as we have all learned in the past alot can change in Iran rather quickly.

1979 revolution all took but nine months.
1376 khatami election was weird the society suddenly turned and voted for khatami against nategh.
18 tir happened over a newspaper colusre.
6th majles elections rafsanjani ended up 35th and then 30th after "recounts".
1 st shora entekhabat meli mazhabi came to power in city councils after more than 20 years of being on sidelines.
1384 ahmadi nejad came out of an election which it looked ghalibaf or hashemi were meant to win.
1388 the country went from non participation mood to all out campaign in matter of three months.
and since then ......

It is very difficult to predict the next majles dynamics let alone 2 years from now.

I am sure we will be against surprised in how little we understand about how the dynamics of the ground game in Iran works.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Ghalibaf will def pull out. He is a smart man, he knows he's got no chance considering AN and him are not in good terms, nor is he close to Khamenei.
God forbid Mashaei will get elected I think.. Iranian version of Russia's Medvedev(Putin runs the show, but he is the puppet).

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
^^^Mashaei is nobody's puppet. If anything, he is the one running the show and telling AN what to do right now. He is far more powerful and influential than many people think. He is a far clevere prolitician than AN.
Your Medvedev/Putin analogy is good. But Mashaei is the Putin and Medvedev is AN.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
^^^Mashaei is nobody's puppet. If anything, he is the one running the show and telling AN what to do right now. He is far more powerful and influential than many people think. He is a far clevere prolitician than AN.
Your Medvedev/Putin analogy is good. But Mashaei is the Putin and Medvedev is AN.
yeah maybe Behrouz..but AN has closer relationship and influence within Sepah than Mashaei, no? without that factor AN couldnt form a govt to begin with. I dont 30 such close alliance bn Mashaei and Sepah..although he is AN's relative now, so maybe we dont know all the facts!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
^^^I heard that Mashaei has connections in many places which he used to get close to AN in the first place. The marriage of their kids came later.
He is very influential. Remember when they fired Mottaki instantly while the poor chap was on a foreign trip? That was Mashaei's influence because Mottaki had disregarded him.
AN and Mashaei both have influences and right now they are good for each other. God knows what will happen when they fall out, which they will, for sure in good time. I fear for the marriage of their children when that happens.