First Oscars I'm looking forward for..

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I don't really care who wins what..
ok..I'm lying...Jamie Foxx should get the best actor award and Scorsese should get every Oscar the Academy hasn't given him in the past..whether it was for Raging Bull, Taxi Driver or any other movie

Otherwise...the only thing to care for is my boy Chris Rock being the host..

I hope it doesn't get too censored or anything...or that he had soap before the show.
man...this will be fabulous!!!

Oct 1, 2004
There's going to be a 5 second delay, because they're afraid Chris Rock may say bad words and people's swear virginity may be taken from them.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
AliDaeiClone said:
I hope clive owen wins for supporting... He was awsome in closer...
yeahhhhhhh,exactly! he is sooo good. he was pretty good in King Arthur too.

I hope the girl in "Million dollar baby" wins the Best actress.and Eastwood for Best director..

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
man...aren't oscars damn predictable?
although hoping for scorsese to win.....(ok aviator wasn't THAT great), of course he didn't.
and the rest of the winners were pretty predictable too.

btw. that trailor-thrash beauty(NOT) should be my new most hated actress, after julia roberts. I don't know who is more a pain in the ass...her or julia..?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
averageniceguy said:
all the movies sucked this year.
the quality of the oscars is going down together with the quality of hollywood movies.
Actually I think the Oscar contenders had much better quality than last yr. Last yr was a joke. Lord of the Rings?!
Im happy for Foxx,Eastwood and Swank.they deserved it.

but Julia Roberts looked ugly! she looked as if she just woke up from bed!!

Oct 1, 2004
averageniceguy said:
i was also hoping scorsese would win the oscar he deserved a long time ago. all the movies sucked this year.
the quality of the oscars is going down together with the quality of hollywood movies.
I have to agree with you. Sure artistic movies are good, but I would rather watch a movie to entertain me, I am thinking about problems in my life enough as it is, I don't need to watch a movie which will give me even more to think about (even though sometimes its a good thing.)

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
yeah, last years wasnt so good either. i havent seen million dollar baby yet, i heard good things about it.

but in the past year i was dissappointed with most of the movies i saw, so i have resorted to watching all seasons of "Stargate" when im procrastinating :D

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Oh, didn't see this thread!
Shouldn't this be posted in the film/music forum? ;)

Pouria jan, "Million dollar baby" isn't really GREAT as a movie (not bad though), but the acting is fantastic. The girl was great and deserved every inch of her oscar statue. :) Not to talk about Clint Eastwood and the "ever-amazing" Morgan Freeman! ;)