First time this is coming out after 27 years (How Khamenei became SL)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes, parts of this video was published by BBC some years ago. So the procedure has been known for a while.

But what they said was Khameneii would become temporary rahbar until the "referendum". What happened? and what referendum?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Yes, parts of this video was published by BBC some years ago. So the procedure has been known for a while.

But what they said was Khameneii would become temporary rahbar until the "referendum". What happened? and what referendum?
That is the whole point. The referendum never happened.

I want to hang myself when every time I hear that ...... , What difference would that make ? Lets say there was a referendum and Mesbah Yazdi or Meshkini would get voted , so what difference would that make ? The constitution is rotten like a dead rat . Hala Rohani Are Raisi na , Khamenei Na Nategh Nouri are

Oct 18, 2010
the release of this clip at this time is part of the bigger plan along with the 'controlled explosion'
that happened in iran in the past couple of weeks.the idea is to make people ready for the post
leader era in iran.there are no charismatic clerics that can possibly replace him.so the idea of
a 'leadership council' is being presented as an alternative with legitimacy and historical validity.
the irgc and it's leadership want to be part of the decision making process formally and this will
give them that opportunity in a legal framework.the irgc wants to open up iran as far as the rigid
religious rules that the moolas have imposed on the population since the revolution.the post-leader
era will be the end of compulsory head covering for women and many other social restrictions.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I want to hang myself when every time I hear that ...... , What difference would that make ? Lets say there was a referendum and Mesbah Yazdi or Meshkini would get voted , so what difference would that make ? The constitution is rotten like a dead rat . Hala Rohani Are Raisi na , Khamenei Na Nategh Nouri are

It wouldn't make any difference to us or any secular minded person. The video was sent out by an insider and it further weakens Khamenei which is a good thing.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
This video is so interesting. Thanks for sharing. Shows their tricks in choosing Velayat Faghih and shows what a "marmoolak" Rafsanjani was. He chose the leader, and then claims later on there will be a referendum on it! Still pains me how some ppl were mourning for Rafsanjani's death! One of the sneakiest ppl of all in the govt.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
first there was the snake, the indian half breed called GHOST OF GOD KHOMEINI...

and then as you so rightly put it the marmoolaks came out to play.

the communist akhound e kesaafat taleghani bi hame chiz.
the taliban style hardcore hoze assholes like beheshti and motahari (char shanbe soori and shah naame denier)
then came koose and ali mafool ke maloom nabood che balaayee too hoze sareshoon oomade ke enghad be khoone mardom teshne boodan...

on the side was scumbags like mousavi and his idiotic wife who wore mini skirts, then chador , then upgraded to lachak (rag)

then came the new wave of scum khatami, karoubi, ghatel e noori who were supported by scum like:

sayaad e shirazi,
the elephant pile of shit firooz abadi,
and now the new idiot soleymani.

and around them rotated scum like karbaschi, foroohar, the kachal asshole who became an opposition i always forget his kesaafat name ...

and now this fat pile of crap rohani who during hte revolution was calling for the execution of army personnel and now has become this 'moderate' mafool after his ass has healed from his early experiences in masjed basements.

last but not least we come to a lowest of the low category which is the yazdi and khatami category.

the rest i would have put on trial these two i would inject with bubonic plague and watch them in an islation tank as they slowly and painfully die

.... this is what iranian people in iran have faced, so it is already syria and libya

Feb 22, 2005
The nationalist back Khominie to get rid of Shah thinking he is weak and then can overtake him.

Rafsanjani picked Khamanie and made him the leader thinking that would be his best way to continue his control and rule. Khamanie of course turned out to be smarter which Rafsanjani did not expect. But perhaps for Rafsajani that is the best he could have done as anyone else in that chamber perhpaps would have been worst for him.

We all hate that SOB Khamanie, but lets face it the guy learned and have been able to stay in power throughout ups and downs. Very few could have probably done that considering other big Ayatollahs etc. What do you think?

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
The nationalist back Khominie to get rid of Shah thinking he is weak and then can overtake him.

Rafsanjani picked Khamanie and made him the leader thinking that would be his best way to continue his control and rule. Khamanie of course turned out to be smarter which Rafsanjani did not expect. But perhaps for Rafsajani that is the best he could have done as anyone else in that chamber perhpaps would have been worst for him.

We all hate that SOB Khamanie, but lets face it the guy learned and have been able to stay in power throughout ups and downs. Very few could have probably done that considering other big Ayatollahs etc. What do you think?
i think if 20 000 iranians FART khamenei will blown away like a baloon.
he has the backing of the russians so if these demos would have spiralled out of control he might have asked them to bomb iran as they did in Syria but US would have intervened and the akhounds would be history now.
i guess we will never know.

there is no question that the 300 year investing in religion in Iran has paid off for the British and Russians. However, the big question mark for me is, when will it be over?

when will most iranians like those we saw in the street turn away from shit-e islam (Russia) and allah(united Kingdom of England and Northern Ireland) and go back to reason(Iran) and humanity(secular republic)

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
the release of this clip at this time is part of the bigger plan along with the 'controlled explosion'
that happened in iran in the past couple of weeks.the idea is to make people ready for the post
leader era in iran.there are no charismatic clerics that can possibly replace him.so the idea of
a 'leadership council' is being presented as an alternative with legitimacy and historical validity.
the irgc and it's leadership want to be part of the decision making process formally and this will
give them that opportunity in a legal framework.the irgc wants to open up iran as far as the rigid
religious rules that the moolas have imposed on the population since the revolution.the post-leader
era will be the end of compulsory head covering for women and many other social restrictions.
That's an interesting theory, but the idea of council was already mentioned before, although later temporary became permanent and the constitution was changed too. And let's face it, the average Iranian has no say in this process anyway; plus what's in this scenario for the Islamic republic?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
احمد خاتمی: چگونه فیلم انتخاب رهبری در اینترنت منتشر شده است

احمد خاتمی، امام جمعه موقت تهران درباره انتشار فیلم جلسه خبرگان درباره انتخاب آی برای ما سوال است چگونه فیلم انتخاب رهبری در اینترنت منتشر شده است.

به گزارش ایسنا، آقای خاتمی افزود: "فایلی که اخیرا از انتخاب مقام معظم رهبری در اینترنت پخش شده کامل نیست و تنها بخش اول آن پخش شده و قسمت دوم آن پخش نشده که آقا در آن زمان تواضع کرده و گفته اند مرا انتخاب نکنید. این برای بزرگان ما افتخار است که به دنبال جاه و مقام نیستند. برای ما سوال است که این فایل مخفی چگونه منتشر شده و در بی بی سی نشان داده شده است."

http://www.bbc.com/persian/live/42730862

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you for the history so they do not have a system of who will be the next rahbar. When the Catholics elect a new Pope, the 13 bishops decide who will be the Pope. Also side note, when a new Pope is elected, you see white smoke coming out of the chimney of the Vatican. When you see black smoke, that means the Pope died. Anyways, my point is what do you expect, Iranian politics has always been a "party bazi system," and this dates back to Shah's time. One would think that the guardian council's would have a vote and confirm Khameneii as the new rahbar( I suppose that means SUpreme Leader in Persian yes?). Khameneii knew how to play ball(party bazi/politics) so he was on Khomeini's good list, therefore he got hooked up. That is how it works in Iran but that goes on in many other countries, especially in Eastern Europe.