FIVB Volleyball League-2015

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
We should start a new Thread once we get closer to the tournament.

جام جهانی ۲۰۱۵» از ۱۷ شهریورماه امسال در ژاپن (میزبان دائمی جام جهانی) آغاز می***شود و ۱۲ تیم به شرح زیر به مصاف هم خواهند رفت :

میزبان (ژاپن)، قهرمان مسابقات قهرمانی جهان ۲۰۱۴(لهستان)، برترین***های آسیا در رنکینگ جهانی (ایران و استرالیا)، برترین تیمهای رنکینگ اروپا (روسیه و ایتالیا)، تیمهای راه***یافته از مقدماتی جام جهانی آمریکای جنوبی (ونزوئلا، آرژانتین)، دو تیم اول قهرمانی آمریکای شمالی ۲۰۱۵ (آمریکا و. کانادا)، دو تیم برتر قهرمانی آفریقا ۲۰۱۵ (نا مشخص)
تیمهایی که به المپیک راه یافته***اند، (برزیل میزبان) در جام جهانی شرکت داده نمی***شوند.
تیمها به صورت دوره***ای با هم مسابقه می***دهند و طبق فرمول زیر رتبه***بندی می***شوند:
تعداد برد -> تعداد امتیاز -> معدل ست -> معدل امتیاز -> بازی رودررو
دو تیم اول این رقابتها جواز حضور در المپیک ۲۰۱۶ ریو را کسب خواهند ک

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well, unless something happens, USA and Poland are going through but I am proud of how well Iran performed. We are in the toughest group with the World Cup of Volleyball champs, USA and the previous World FIVB champs Poland. Sometimes that happens but Kovac(or is it Kovacs Iran's coach who played for old Yugoslavia and won gold for them) is changing the culture of losing in Iran. We are no longer just happy to be here, we want to advance and on the world stage not just in Asia or in our home. We managed to get a point @ Poland and win one in our home plus beat USA and Russia away. We should beat Russia home and get some more points. Hopefully, more youth in Iran will now pick up volleyball it is another means other than football. If you make it in Poland, Italy or elsewhere in Europe, you can have quite a lucrative career. Same thing with basketball and I see great improvements in the last decade on our basketball program. The only one where we stayed stagnant is football.

Funny story about Kovac. We were supposed to get an American but he had a stop in Qatar on his flight and Qatar made him an offer he couldn't refuse so we ended up with Kovac. I'm glad because I don't think Qatar did well even in Asia. They are not in this tourney and I don' think they are close so we got the right guy. Plus, a Serbian is more likely to STAY in Iran vs an American, who is used to the western lifestyle. Now granted Qatar is also a Muslim country but you have a lot more freedoms there, especially as a foreigner than Iran. I could see why he wanted to stay in Qatar and why Kovac didn't mind taking the Iran job. We should forget about Western European or American coaches, CQ came because we gave him good money. We are more likely to have someone stay if they are from Eastern Europe and that person can develop our guys. What good does it do if we get an American or a guy from Poland, Germany, Italy etc and they bail two years later for a European team or USA?

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Iran are out & No one seems to care any more

France beat Brazil 3-1 last night .. amazing performance

France qualified through group 2 and won 17 out of 17 qualifiers

Best team on the planet right now imo

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
no one would have thought serbia and france be playing in the final

serbia won 3-2 against usa
france just won against poland by the same result .