FIVB World League 2017 [R]

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Pretty interesting to see that the existence of the referees have become redundant and meaningless in Volleyball. The Video-Check does all their work which often are wrongly established!

Looks like the Italians will take this today, good work!
Set III (15 - 17)

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Apparently Mousavi asked to play only in games which are in Iran lol in digeh che joreshe... That is why he isn't with the team

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you for the report and I have no idea why Mousavi only wants to play in Iran. What about the Olympics he won't even participate in that? It is hard to beat a team like Italy or the top dogs, without our best player. I have no idea why he is doing this Mahbod jan. Perhaps it is because he is trying to tell the powers to be that he is a good old boy? Perahps he has political aspirations after his volleyball career? That is the only reason I can come up with.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
in morabie jadid changi be del nemizaneh... iran lost 3-1 to brazil. won the first set then lost 3 in a row.. no real subs during the game.. we can barely block anything..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Playboy, without Mousavi HIGHLY doubtful and Poland has a rich tradition and a very strong volleyball team. Looks like Iran is just outmatched by these legendary teams: without Mousavi, Italy, Brazil and most likely Slava Polska will be an L. This is one of their MAJOR sports, Poland is a volleyball CRAZY nation! Italy might have the best league but without looking at the roster, I bet you most of the Polish players, play in Italy! I know a couple of ours do as well. I hope I am wrong but probably not.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Players don't have the same hunger and motivation as they had few years a go, one proof Mousavi who decided to only play the home games, plus the replacements for the golden generation are not as good as them, is not about coaching only.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Players don't have the same hunger and motivation as they had few years a go, one proof Mousavi who decided to only play the home games, plus the replacements for the golden generation are not as good as them, is not about coaching only.
That is some good insight and it's not like we have the same talent pool as Polska. In Polska: if five pro's retire, five more will be waiting to replace them. We do not have that same luxury. Babr jan why did Mousavi come to this decision is he trying to do parti bazi, perhaps he has future political aspirations? I too think this generation is not as hungry as the previous. They did not taste success in a while so they were motivated. This generation might believe that it will just be handed to them. Just my take too bad but my hope is the golden generation, will inspire the youth or future.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Pol vs Irn
1 - 2
set I) 25 - 18
set II) 23 - 25
set III) 23 - 25
This is good, these new boys on the court learning and discovering new land under their feet, the coach doing all alright.
He is good and it seems he is communicating on a more human and fatherly level with the young fellas!

Another former Yugoslavian coach, great!

Last edited: