Flags of Iran/Persia in different era

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
i wish we could go back to the days of this flag... this would represent all iranians, not just those beleive in islam. our christian countrymen are as much iranian as the muslim ones.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ali(ISP) said:
i wish we could go back to the days of this flag... this would represent all iranians, not just those beleive in islam. our christian countrymen are as much iranian as the muslim ones.

Actually the green color of the flag does represent Islam. Even if you take that "Allah" away, it still wouldn't matter!

Asus

Bench Warmer
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal Canada
Fatso said:
Someone explain the flag with the sheep on it, whats that about?
i now some small part of SAvavid Empire history.. Shah Ismael founded the empire , and then there was Shah Abass a great shah moved the capital to Esfehan architectural masterpiece . as you now Safavid Empire started with Turkish tribe people and the capital was Tabriz .. and there was Abbas 2 ,and Husayn the last one that lost the war with Afghans .. but i have no idea who Shah Tahmasb is .. and what he was thinking puting a sheep on the flag ..

be har hall, hats mizanam choopoon bode :D

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Fatso said:
Someone explain the flag with the sheep on it, whats that about?
They asked Tahmasb if he would explain why he had the sheep on the flag, he said: "naaa-aaa-aaah"! :D