Food, Restaurant Discussion

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Gone the days we used to get on the train to go to London to go to Sagdonald to eat two bigsag meals, now if I fancy a burger I get them from top butchers with top quality buns and make my own.

Oct 1, 2004
Can't remember the last time i ate there. Just the smell of restaurent from outside make me sick. Tokhmiest Burger, if you actually call it Burger
Its very addictive though. BT is right. Their Big Mac, even though I know its poison, I could eat 3 of them right now and follow up with a large fries and soda.

Oct 18, 2010
all those mentioned are low grade dog food in my humble opinion.
the funniest one is in&out and their secret menu that every kid
knows about.umami must be made of elephant meat since you feel
so heavy afterwards.AVOID!
if you get the urge get your own meat and make your own kebob
but make it round.

Nov 24, 2002
Overall The quality of the likes of Mc Do , BK and other franchises vary from from country to the other. the best BK I ever had was in Spain . it all depends on the suppliers and of course it's a big different between Mediterranean and this terrible tasting meat in North America
I kind of agree, i once had MacDo in Turkey. It is day and night compare to North America. Luxury place and much much better quality compare to here..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Overall The quality of the likes of Mc Do , BK and other franchises vary from from country to the other. the best BK I ever had was in Spain . it all depends on the suppliers and of course it's a big different between Mediterranean and this terrible tasting meat in North America
This will be one of my last posts for a while, banning myself until I go to the academy but you are right. The Best McDonald's I had was in Switzerland. There is a reason for that. Europe has strict FDA regulations, in the USA most of our meat is injected with hormones so the cow can get bigger. Read the book Fast Food Nation but here is a good article on USA v Europe. NPR wrote a good article: brief summary of the article
The U.S. and the European Union recently settled one of their longest-running trade disputes: over beef. Under the deal, the EU agreed to quadruple import quotas for hormone-free U.S. beef, but it still won't import hormone-treated American beef, because many Europeans consider it unhealthy.
Good luck everyone #Nothing personal strictly business. This can be life changing for me but I have a big exam June 7th. Mods when I come back:
1-I will not post 1,000 times a day will not have time anyways(school again plus police hopefully)
2- I will not make posts about myself this is just to inform everyone I will only post during important Team Meli WCQ or friendly games
3- I need an ISP break to get my metal 100 because this can be LIFE CHANGING, wish me luck and good luck to everyone here.
4-Last but not lesast I will not make things personal anymore but I did not run the cycling thread, I was simply responding to someone. Good luck to everyone, I truly mean it. Hopefully, when I come back things will be better I will non longer personalize threads and I will keep things topical. I just need to focus on the task at hand, there is not much time between now and June 7th, got an expedited date, through connections. Last thing I will say is Na zadrowie(Blessings to your health and cheers).

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113314725

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
For burgers, find a local pub (sometimes it is really dingy but hey) that has amazing burgers. Nothing can beat that. MC, BK and all those franchises are horrible. Maybe only A&W is acceptable.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
If we want to talk about consistently good burgers at almost every location and taste, nothing beats In-N-Out. And btw. I'm talking about burgers and not fries. Size is relative, the size is the correct burger size. Burgers were established as a nutritious staple of the American diet at a time before vast consumerism in the 60ies and 80ies.

So In-N-Out wins for me.

LA people got a choice of Umami, Apple Pan and Father's Office as well. All really good burgers. And of course Fatburger.

I think Shake Shack is super overrated and Whataburger is alright but..aeehm.

Five Guys is only good in Maryland. Everywhere else I had it, it was ok-terrible.

Btw. the best burgers are/were sold around Taksim in Istanbul for 3 Lira. ;)

A&W and Five guys are just another burger nothing fancy. I haven't tried it down in states but Five Guys is a bit pricey here in Canada . Don't forget When we talk about MCD , KB, A&W and etc .. these are all patties mixed with Soya , Corn and a few other ingredients . A real burger is Ground beef + salt and pepper, what makes them tasty and different is the type of buns, Garnish and of course the mix of the meat and the most important part which is how to cook them .

Oct 18, 2010
You guys not living in Toronto are missing out on probably the most insane Iranian burgers in the world served by Chef Burger on Yonge street.

Now THAT's a burger! You won't find anything like it even in Iran.
now persian burger(pb) is a different animal.when i was a student at cal i used
to go to bongoburger and have their pb.it's not round and served on a long bread
like they do sandwiches in iran.that place has been at cal since the late 70s and
still going strong.a real berkeley institution.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
If we want to talk about consistently good burgers at almost every location and taste, nothing beats In-N-Out. And btw. I'm talking about burgers and not fries. Size is relative, the size is the correct burger size. Burgers were established as a nutritious staple of the American diet at a time before vast consumerism in the 60ies and 80ies.

So In-N-Out wins for me.

LA people got a choice of Umami, Apple Pan and Father's Office as well. All really good burgers. And of course Fatburger.

Five Guys is only good in Maryland. Everywhere else I had it, it was ok-terrible.

I used to go there all the time. They just have one restaurant on Pico as far as I know. You left out Tommy's original chili burger. That is an institution.

now persian burger(pb) is a different animal.when i was a student at cal i used
to go to bongoburger and have their pb.it's not round and served on a long bread
like they do sandwiches in iran.that place has been at cal since the late 70s and
still going strong.a real berkeley institution.

is that a burger or Kaba Koubideh ? There is no Onion in burger as we use in kebab . big difference

Oct 18, 2010
it's a persian burger so it's not to be confused with the usual burger
you get served.it looks and tastes different than a typical burger.
both are made up of ground meat(keep your fingers crossed) but the
bongo one is lamb and the onion is mixed in with the meat before
grilling.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
You guys not living in Toronto are missing out on probably the most insane Iranian burgers in the world served by Chef Burger on Yonge street.

Now THAT's a burger! You won't find anything like it even in Iran.
Is there anywhere else in the GTA that does good Iranian style sandwiches?

I once asked the staff at Khorak to make a koobideh sandwich, and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004

So In-N-Out wins for me.

best sandwich I had was some random spot near Naser Khosro in Tehran. Got wildly ill but the taste was damn good!

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Is there anywhere else in the GTA that does good Iranian style sandwiches?

I once asked the staff at Khorak to make a koobideh sandwich, and they looked at me like I was crazy.
Same place Chef Burger has killer "Sosis", "Maghz", "Zaboon", "Sosis Bandari", "Olvieh" and a few other things too. I always get their "Maghz o Zaboon" and it's a delight. You'd be hard pressed to find something in that quality in Iran itself. Most food in Iran has become junk because of expensive ingredients.

Koobideh Sandwich I believe is best at Shater-Abbas restaurant. They have killer Koobidehs. If you prefer a quick hassle-free experience, you could try their "Express" location at Leslie and Sheppard. I always get koobideh from them and they haven't disappointed yet.

Now I'm very hungry!