Food, Restaurant Discussion

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
You guys not living in Toronto are missing out on probably the most insane Iranian burgers in the world served by Chef Burger on Yonge street.

Now THAT's a burger! You won't find anything like it even in Iran.
Toronto is the best regarding food, a friend of mine from Toronto was here for a visit last week and he exactly said the same thing, too many options for really cheap price, i once was in Taftaan( which despite serving Kabab is more on fast food style) few years ago and the quality of food(wasn't amazing though) was much better than many restaurants here in Bay or elsewhere. That is just one example, i am sure there are tons in Toronto.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Toronto is the best regarding food, a friend of mine from Toronto was here for a visit last week and he exactly said the same thing, too many options for really cheap price, i once was in Taftaan( which despite serving Kabab is more on fast food style) few years ago and the quality of food(wasn't amazing though) was much better than many restaurants here in Bay or elsewhere.
Well California has its share of great Persian restaurants, but when it comes to variety and availability Toronto wins hands down (and will continue to do so for years to come). This holds true not just about Iranian food, but all ethnic food from around the globe. This city has one thing going for it and it's food quality. Simply great.

The thing is, you don't always want to go to a nice restaurant and be seated by a server. Sometimes you just want to eat and get on with life. Toronto's options and prices are unmatched.

New York City is the only other place that comes to mind, but compared to Toronto, it's a lot more difficult to access your favorite eatery on-demand.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Well California has its share of great Persian restaurants, but when it comes to variety and availability Toronto wins hands down (and will continue to do so for years to come). This holds true not just about Iranian food, but all ethnic food from around the globe. This city has one thing going for it and it's food quality. Simply great.

The thing is, you don't always want to go to a nice restaurant and be seated by a server. Sometimes you just want to eat and get on with life. Toronto's options and prices are unmatched.
South yes not North, being a big time Kabab lover and as i love cooking(Iranian and western foods) and i make myself almost every Iranian food(Kabab, Khoresht, etc), i almost tried every Iranian restaurants in North Cal and wasn't really impressed by any. Probably Meykadeh in SF, but really expensive for the quality of the food.

Plus in Toronto most of options are around North York so by driving only few minutes you have too many options while is not like this here and even in South Cal.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I always used to go to Shomal Restaurant for Kabab torsh but boy oh boy last time it was a total crap and I was so disappointed and paid almost $90 for two + Mokhalafat and drinks. they definitely lost a customer . I heard the owner of the place has now opened Tandis Super market
Shomal was very good, not anymore, i also wasn't happy last time i was there few years a go. I didn't know they also deliver food lol, my friend from Toronto was saying this loll Zaaheran business kharabe...

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Thank you both Mahbod and Fariborz for visiting Toronto and going to Shomal and not giving me a call. Ineh marefat?!!!
I knew you would come up with this :) It was on a very short notice, we were there only few hours (3-4), even my family who lives around Toronto got mad as i didn't get the chance to visit them.

Next time i am in town, we arrange something to meet you and Soroush hopefully..

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I always used to go to Shomal Restaurant for Kabab torsh but boy oh boy last time it was a total crap and I was so disappointed and paid almost $90 for two + Mokhalafat and drinks. they definitely lost a customer . I heard the owner of the place has now opened Tandis Super market
The quality at Shomal definitely took a nose-dive in the past couple of years. I no longer find myself wanting to go there. I heard the owner also owns Gilaneh Restaurant which I found absolutely garbage and infested with I.R thug-looking customers/staff. Looked like a fucking Sepah family convention.

I still like Shomal but not necessarily for their food.

The quality at Shomal definitely took a nose-dive in the past couple of years. I no longer find myself wanting to go there. I heard the owner also owns Gilaneh Restaurant which I found absolutely garbage and infested with I.R thug-looking customers/staff. Looked like a fucking Sepah family convention.

I still like Shomal but not necessarily for their food.
I like the ambience but the I want that next to a good food. I just confess that they have the best Doogh among the ones I tried and i know my doogh

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
My breakdown after living in LA I got to try umani but out of the ones I tried, In N Out is the best because
1-Their prices will not rape your wallet, unlike Five Guys. You cannot beat a 3 by 3, animal stile for $5, that will fill you up. Ok the fries suck because the potatoes are fresh but if you order animal style fries, pay a few bucks more it is really good. They put grilled onions, cheese and 1,000 island sauce.
I got to try the spot Zob Ahan recommended in Pas, next time I am in LA. Thank goodness, there is an In N Out on Blue Diamond, in LV, the street I am. That is my cheat food, once a week or every other week. The only things from McD's I recommend are the coffee and the fries. As others mentioned best combo get the burger at In N out and the fries from McD's.