Food, Restaurant Discussion

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Damn you guys, I am on diet right now and when I see these yummy foods, I want to break the monitor. Everyone of you in ISP are responsible for this !!! and it one day before CL final where for sure I am going to break something LOL

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
McDo coffee if it is fresh is actually very good, but the issue is most of the time isn't as it is not a coffee shop.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
McDo coffee if it is fresh is actually very good, but the issue is most of the time isn't as it is not a coffee shop.
Most of their stores always have fresh coffee as they sell more coffee than anybody else except maybe Starbucks. Unless you go in at 7 PM or later you will always get fresh coffee.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Most of their stores always have fresh coffee as they sell more coffee than anybody else except maybe Starbucks. Unless you go in at 7 PM or later you will always get fresh coffee.
I guess is also depend to which branch you go, the busier ones have more coffee rotations for sure.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
McDo in Austria has this thing where you can create your own burger. Have to say that it's by far the best you can get in terms of everywhere franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Gotta say a big thank you to McDonald's for saving my ass on quite a few occasions. Some of their locations in the middle of nowhere are true life savers. Specially in mountainous and also desert states. When you're on a side road in the mountains of West Virginia or driving the deserts of New Mexico, the sense of familiarity at McDonald's can can be quite joyful. It also has free WiFi which is a godsend in remote areas where mobile data is sketchy. They may be an evil corp, but they sure serve a purpose.

McDo in Austria has this thing where you can create your own burger. Have to say that it's by far the best you can get in terms of everywhere franchise.

Same here , I guess they are now everywhere .

We also got Harvey's here . They will garnish your burger right before your eyes, something like Subways and their Angus Burgers are pretty good ..

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Gotta say a big thank you to McDonald's for saving my ass on quite a few occasions. Some of their locations in the middle of nowhere are true life savers. Specially in mountainous and also desert states. When you're on a side road in the mountains of West Virginia or driving the deserts of New Mexico, the sense of familiarity at McDonald's can can be quite joyful. It also has free WiFi which is a godsend in remote areas where mobile data is sketchy. They may be an evil corp, but they sure serve a purpose.

McDonald's serves an underrated role. They are often in many villages the only place where people can meet and hang out together. There is this guy on twitter called chris arnade who has been travelling through the US talking to people and he said that McDonald's in many towns is the only place where people can actually hang out and have their club gatherings, as they have clean bathrooms, serve coffee, the wifi works everywhere etc.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Service centers locations in US are not as good and frequent as Canada. In Canada after driving only few miles you have a full service center of everything most of the time, Food, Tim Horton, etc. In most roads in US you need to drive hours to find a crappy service center. Day and night regarding to this issue.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Service centers locations in US are not as good and frequent as Canada. In Canada after driving only few miles you have a full service center of everything most of the time, Food, Tim Horton, etc. In most roads in US you need to drive hours to find a crappy service center. Day and night regarding to this issue.
You must be kidding man! Having driven 47 of the 48 lower states and some of Canada, I have to say it's exactly the opposite.

You just cannot be serious about this! The availability of service centers (in terms of food, resting place and facilities) is truly remarkable in the US. I found very few black spots (mostly in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada) and even then, there was always something within 50 miles. Most of the time, you're only a few miles away from a fully stocked and highly equipped Truck-Stop that serves every purpose imaginable.

You have probably driven along the 401 in Canada and call it "good". Have you tried a real road trip in Canada? It's not even comparable.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
You must be kidding man! Having driven 47 of the 48 lower states and some of Canada, I have to say it's exactly the opposite.

You just cannot be serious about this! The availability of service centers (in terms of food, resting place and facilities) is truly remarkable in the US. I found very few black spots (mostly in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada) and even then, there was always something within 50 miles. Most of the time, you're only a few miles away from a fully stocked and highly equipped Truck-Stop that serves every purpose imaginable.

You have probably driven along the 401 in Canada and call it "good". Have you tried a real road trip in Canada? It's not even comparable.
In Arizona and Nevada the availibility of service centers were way more than in 50 miles distance however In few of east coast states(and even up to Illinois) the situation was much better but nothing comparable to what i experienced in Canada and yes mainly 401. I didn't do a really long road trip in Canada though, it was mainly in Quebec and Ontario.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002

I assume the quality of Burger should be much better than North America?!

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
In Arizona and Nevada the availibility of service centers were way more than in 50 miles distance however In few of east coast states the situation was much better but nothing comparable to what i expereinced in Canada and yes mainly 401. I didn't do a really long road trip in Canada though, it was mainly in Quebec and Ontario.
That's just the thing. Western Quebec and South-East Ontario are highly populated regions of Canada that only comprise a small percentage of the entire country's size. There are vast areas in Canada that don't even have paved roads! You're pretty much shit out of luck in most of Canada. That's bad news for someone like me who is into extended road trips. It will get better though, not in our life time. Canada's population is still below 35 million.

The US interstate network, cellular network and the availability of basic mobility needs (fuel, food, shelter, sanitation) is absolutely marvelous when the sheer size of the country is considered. I'm amazed by it quite often. The country is barely 200 years old (in its entirety).

Americans like to whine about their crumbling infrastructure (and they're right to an extent), but the fact that such an infrastructure even exists in this magnitude is quite a feat itself.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
The shitty weather in some area in west coast Canadian and as you said not having enough population because of this matter contribute largely to that.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I guess depends where in the US but most places I've traveled across have a good amount of service stations that offer everything. Taking long road trips across the country use to be a big part of American culture and it still is to some extent so that is why you see a lot of service stations, RV parks, oddly places restaurants, and some weird attractions along the way. The best thing to do is to rent a RV and travel across the United States.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I had a short stop in LA/OC few days a go and some suggested that Raffi place food in Glendale is very good, so we went there and i enjoyed their food, their portion(Kabab and Khoresht) are probably twice than any other places, a bit pricey but worth for such a portion. Their Barg was probably one of the best i ever had.