Former Iran and Persepolis midfielder Minavand dies

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
TEHRAN – Former Iran and Persepolis football team midfielder Mehrdad Minavand passed away aged 45.

Minavand died Wednesday night after a battle with COVID-19.

He had been hospitalized at the Laleh Hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU) in Tehran last week.

Minavand started his career at Tehran based football club Pas in 1994 but joined Persepolis a year later.

The left winger also played for Austrian club Sturm Graz and Charleroi from Belgium before returning to Persepolis once again in 2002.

Minavand was a member of Iran national football team in the 1998 FIFA World Cup.

He also won a bronze medal with the Persians in the 1996 AFC Asian Cup.

Tehran Times extends deepest sympathy to his family, loved ones, and friends over his demise.

Jan 26, 2006
I don't know how kamran delan has the pure ****s to say "rest in peace" on his site, the covid-denying flat earther. someone should tell him and his moustachioed sycophant to go fk themselves after the disrespect they showed to so many fighting and dying with this fking virus. The disrespect they showed not only to the people who died but the healthcare workers on that forum who they accused of being liars.

Mehrdad Minavand, and so many others, died of a virus these conspiracy loving alt-right Trumpchumps said (and still say) doesn't exist. How dare they say anything.

Last edited:

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
I heard everyone else involved in the studio , including camera crew , and of course the guest Ali Ansarian during the Minavand’s broadcast of derby game in persepolise channel is in critical condition.
I wish people had taken safety protocols and personal responsibility more seriously.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Damesh garm, Ali Karimi (senior) went all the way to Dubai to get him the medicines he needed.

I hope now Ali Ansarian can recover from this damn disease.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I think they got Corona here, they clearly dont feel well.

علی انصاریان و مهرداد میناوند در ویژه برنامه پرسپولیس برای دربی با استقلال دوشنیه 22 دی

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think they got Corona here, they clearly dont feel well.
I was gonna say nothing seems to be wrong with Minavand in this video but then I saw minute 52:08! :( Ansarian clearly doesn't look to be healthy either.

Poor guys.... this is only 17 days ago. If they had sought help right then, they wouldn't have ended up like this! :(

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I can't believe not many of the current TM players have cared to express condolences in their instagram pages. Only Beiranvand, Vahid Amiri and Ramin Rezaiean seem to be "Aadam"!