Former Iran and Persepolis midfielder Minavand dies

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
He somehow didn't look his age though, looked like a 55 year old man, not a previous athlete 45 years old

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
May he rest in peace.
As I heard lot of Iranians including my nephew in Ahwaz don't care about using the Mask. They think it's a joke until they land on the hospital bed.
My nephew sent a video in which he has hard time breathing. Using mask and social distancing is not taken serious. I don't even think he has been tested for Covid but placed in ICU together with other Covid patients. It's a grim situation in Iran where there is no hope of getting the vaccine anytime soon.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
May he rest in peace.
As I heard lot of Iranians including my nephew in Ahwaz don't care about using the Mask. They think it's a joke until they land on the hospital bed.
My nephew sent a video in which he has hard time breathing. Using mask and social distancing is not taken serious. I don't even think he has been tested for Covid but placed in ICU together with other Covid patients. It's a grim situation in Iran where there is no hope of getting the vaccine anytime soon.
In Iran people in general don't take such things seriously for a number of reasons. The lack of trust in authority and belief in conspiracy is just one factor. The other is that they believe they are hardened. If you have survived the IR and all the disasters it has brought on you, then the virus seems harmless.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Guys, Ali Ansarian is in a very bad shape now. Just heard his brother in law saying he's in coma with only 30% oxygen in his blood. He referred to his doctor saying, with the high heart bit rate he's having, he probably wont last more than a few hours. :(

I feel so sorry for him. From what I hear, he got the virus, most probably, from Minavand in that $hitty program.

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Poor Mehrdad.. He was the best left back between 95 to 2000 in Iran, even better than Shahroudi. He was probably the first one back to the time who could send a decent cross while still running, something that 25 years later, Milad Mohammadi despite having a great speed fails to do, plus he was left footed.
Really nice and warm guy, i have met him few times and he had a heart of 5 years old kid. He could get along with everyone, even someone like Reza Shahroudi, his main rival.

Last edited by a moderator: