Forthcoming Changes

ISP Admin

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
All,

We wanted to start this message by first apologizing for not quickly replying to the slew of posts that have been made over the past few days. There are a few things that we would like to touch base on here and hope it will continue the process of making ISP a better place for everyone involved.

Everyone makes mistakes and none of us are an exception to that. We have made mistakes in the past and listened to what members have said which lead to changes to the site. Obviously there has been some continuing discontent on the site and we are listening to what you have said. At the same time, we ask you as members to not make random assumptions which have no factual data. There have been many posts with false rumors that do nothing but create issues.

To clear up a few things for members, ISP has four owners (Ali, Behrang, Mehran and Pooya) who are knows as the Admins. We have a number of staff members who volunteer their time doing different things such as writing articles, helping with technical things and media. Some of these volunteers who are on our staff along with the active administrators help in the moderation of the forum. The ISP Admin account is used by the admin team.

We have been talking over the past few days and have decided certain changes are warranted and will help with not only the moderation of the website but with our relationship with you as our members.

One of the first changes we are going to make is to ask a few of the members on the forum if they would volunteer to be moderators. Once we have reached a number we believe is sufficient, we will ask you as the members to vote for those who will be added to the moderation team. These members will be the core of the moderation team with minimal support from moderators who are also staff. This is something we have not done before but we think will be a big step forward and a good test. Since this is a new concept we are asking the new moderators to serve an initial six month term with the ability to server another but not more than twice in a row. With this said, we believe that after the initial three months we will analyze the decision we have made and make changes that would make it better.

The second change in regards to moderation is that moderators will utilize a shared account when moderation is needed. No threads will be removed from the forum once we begin this new form of moderation unless it is warranted. Instead, they will be locked with a reply by the ISP Moderator account pointing out which rules have been broken. We continue to ask you as our members to report threads or posts which you think break the rules.

We always welcome constructive criticism from our members when it’s made in a way that will help improve the site. We have a core belief that everyone has the right to state their opinions no matter what they are. We hope you as our members understand that we have a community which we hope everyone can get along in. If members of an opposing view upset you please use to the tools at your disposal to ignore them. If you come across a thread where rules have been broken please report them. We hope with the new moderation team we plan to implement as soon as possible, the misunderstandings of the past will be removed.

Thanks again,

ISP Admins (Ali, Behrang, Mehran and Pooya)

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Thanks for listening to members. I have a couple points:

1- I appreciate that you acknowledge you are humans, and like all of us, prone to making mistakes. However, that hardly amounts to taking responsibility. You apologize for not quickly responding to a "slew of posts" but you still stop short of responding to them.

Are you going to explain why you took actions that you took like deleting posts and threads? If it was a mistake, say that clearly. Does the person who made these mistakes still has administrative rights? If yes, why? If someone allows himself to delete pages of contribution to the forum at a stroke of a key, why should he still have the ability to the same thing? If you think he has learned from this mistake, say that explicitly. If you think that ownership of the site is sufficient for having the right to others' contributions, say that explicitly (and that would fine as long as we're all clear about it). Instead your response is that well, everyone makes mistakes. We're all grown-ups; we know people make mistakes. We also know people take responsibility for their mistakes!

2- The idea you put forth is a good one. However, I suggest that you specify some details before asking for volunteers. What comes to mind: a) how many elected moderators? b) how will members vote? c) what are the details of the working relationship with admins and other mods? d) are mods going to be forum-specific? e) deadline for nomination or volunteering?

3- I think this idea would work best if you give complete moderation rights to the selected members, and selected members only. I'll explain this idea in another post below.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Credit to admins , not everyone accept there were wrong , somewhere some how ...
Hats off ..

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
[ame="http://forums.iransportspress.com/showpost.php?p=770675&postcount=45"]Community - IranSportsPress.com - View Single Post - ISP members' Referendum: Do you want Change in ISP Admin Management?[/ame]

I don't even wanna know which idiot gave me that red card, I just want it removed.

Is any of you respectable admins/owners going to answer me? I brought this up in 3 different threads already.

Thank you.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I think it would be a good idea to have us vote for a few nominated members but those who are going to be nominated should have a clean record . For example there are a few long time members but they have some personal grudge against others which would effect their fairness in moderating. I'm posting this because the last thing I and a few others would want to see a member like farbood ( just an example ) become a moderator simply because of our history which would not a fair nominee. The forthcoming changes should be about fairness and transparency so I hope the new moderators have a fair track record if not then these changes would make things worse. Members shouldn't get nominated for simply being a long time members, they should get nominated based on their track record and fairness.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I think it would be a good idea to have us vote for a few nominated members but those who are going to be nominated should have a clean record . For example there are a few long time members but they have some personal grudge against others which would effect their fairness in moderating. I'm posting this because the last thing I and a few others would want to see a member like farbood ( just an example ) become a moderator simply because of our history which would not a fair nominee. The forthcoming changes should be about fairness and transparency so I hope the new moderators have a fair track record if not then these changes would make things worse. Members shouldn't get nominated for simply being a long time members, they should get nominated based on their track record and fairness.
LOL. Dont worry, Im sure there are enough people that think youre a dumbass to where I wouldnt need to bother doing anything against you personally...

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I just signed out and saw his reply. I have this guy on ignore and I though he had me on ignore too but apparently he lied . But his reply clearly shows why he wouldn't be fit for this job. He has a habit of calling people names and disrespecting them so he is the one who needs to be moderated not the other way around.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I just signed out and saw his reply. I have this guy on ignore and I though he had me on ignore too but apparently he lied . But his reply clearly shows why he wouldn't be fit for this job. He has a habit of calling people names and disrespecting them so he is the one who needs to be moderated not the other way around.
Im not lobbying for the job. If someone asks me to help out with ISP in anyway, Ill do whatever I can. Ive been here forever so I owe them that much. I find it hilarious that you mention me BY NAME and then call me out for replying.