France Football Dream Team

Feb 4, 2005
France Football will not present ballon d’or this year and instead will reveal the football history dream team in December as voted by over 150 journalists. Formation will be 3-4-3 with left, right and central defenders making up the back 3. Right wing, left wing, defensive mid and offensive mid forming the centre and list will be completed by 3 strikers.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
some SHOCKING omissions the French really screwed the pooch.
What about "the forgotten winners?
Shevchenko Modric, and Kaka?
Kaka, Modric, Nedved, Owen and Shevchenko \
Andriy Shevchenko, Michael Owen, Raul, Alessandro del Piero, Hugo Sanchez, Miroslav Klose, Eric Cantona, Luis Suarez, Paco Gento, David Villa and Fernando Torres.

Goal Keepers
Um Oliver Khan anyone?

Defense-
. At full-back, the absences of Dani Alves and Javier Zanetti are rather baffling.
As for the centre-backs, Carles Puyol and Fernando Hierro
Mid Fielders

Patrick Vieira, Gennaro Gattuso and the man who virtually reinvented the position, Claude Makalele.

COME ON MAN!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Another guy who broke the hearts of Die Mannschaft fans in 98
Davo Suker. Stoichkov and Suker stick out for me because they knocked out a mower powerful Germany team, and they had to really carry their respective teams.
Honoroble mention Hakan Suker- Turkey- Took them to a 2002 WC SF tough L Brazil
suker.jpg

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
t is important to note where this list was created, in Western Europe, France.
In Western Europe, they have this belief that Slaviansky's or Eastern Europeaners, are inferior.
In reality, most are highly educated, can speak multiple languages, and are GREAT FOOTBALLERS.
I just listed two ELITE Eastern Euro players Suker and Stoychkov that if they were French, English or German, they would have been on the list.
Keep in mind: money, resources, facilities, and coaching, and great football leagues, oerpower talent.
That is why you see guys like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, whose mom and dad are from Bosnia and I think Croatia, go to Sweden because
they know if they stay in Eastern Europe, they won't have a chance of winning. The Western Euros not only have
the better resources, look at any good western euro team, and you will see a couple of guys with the name -IVICH or VIC

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I can't believe Ramos and Lahm made the list!

More names who are definitely missing in the list: Alessandro Nesta, Edgar Davids, Jurgen Klinsman, Maybe even Michael Ballack?

Anyways, frankly with those names in the list I would have it difficult to find regular spots for either Messi or C. Ronaldo in that team. I know the journalists will most likely select both of them.