Garbage football by everyone

Feb 4, 2005
This is why there should be measures against defensive football. It literally exists in all other sports.

There must be a time limit on how long a team can go without a shot or meaningful presence in the opponent's box. Once time limit is reached a penalty is awarded to the opponent.

There must be an incentive to taking risk and shots. 10 shots should equal either a goal or a penalty. Let these players show their fucking footballing skills instead of wrestling each other away from the ball.

There must be a limit to the number of fouls a team can commit before the opponent is awarded a penalty. You shouldn't be able to foul your way out of losing. That's just wrong.

Also, even the slightest hint of time-wasting should be countered with an immediate red-card and a penalty for the opponent. This is one of the worst characteristics of a side attempting to get through a game.
Azizeh baradar coming up with rule changes is one thing and enforcing them another. Example: What makes a shot a ligit one? There will be cry of VAR that I meant to shoot but then the ball went sideways or I didn't foul but I slipped and my head went to the opponent's ass. I think the two quick changes can be awarding different points depending on the scorelines as well as quick changes to time wasting and diving and trying to fool refs.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Precisely. A "get rich quick" scheme that actually works in football and it definitely shouldn't.
Well this is the problem of our neoliberal era. No one does anything lasting but go for quick fixes and get rich schemes as no one has time for visions that take time and might bring 1 or 2 defeats.

Over the past 20 years, the only coach who has been preaching and doing attacking football no matter the players and league has been Guardiola. Guardiola is the same guy ridiculed by Pooya for not winning the champions league every year with every team. Agha, masalan to adame manteghish hasti. Be baghie chi begim? 5 defeats and you are already a fraud.

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
I blame Germany. We had the defensive-minded football represented by the Italians and the open free-flow football represented by the Brazilians. It was Germany that played the rigid organized systems of chess match style and they kept getting results. Some argued that great players will beat any system. Then in 1994 the Brazilians after not winning in 24 years and seeing the Germans in all but one World Cup final in the same time frame, buckled and gave up their beautiful football for a result oriented system. And they won. Now the boring calculating rigid systems neutralize even the greatest players in the world. The beautiful game died when Brazil gave it up. We now only hope to see a few exceptions of great football here and there.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
and also, bigger teams dont seem to care as much for WC and smaller ones only come to defend.
That has got to be as far from the truth as I can possibly think of. You think because bigger teams like Argentina aren't doing well is because they don't care as much for WC? Oh trust me they do, both fans and the players do and wouldnt trade a WC tropyh for any other trophy in their career. In Argentina they even had a minute of silence on their national TV after the loss to Croatia!!

Football wise World Cup does not hold the highest of quality, not even close, but it doesn't mean that it isn't the biggest stage and the biggest trophy every player and fan dreams of.