Ghomayshi sang for the Shah?

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
i don't know but i just heard a joke about shah ...

shah was supposed to see the president of some african country which was in niavaraan palace to get some aid for famine...

he was just standing by his fish bowl and feeding his fish. the minister of darbaar comes to him saying: " your majesty we need to go to receive president X from country Y. he is waiting in the grand reception hall."

shah says:" i will be there in a minute."

ten minutes go by and shah still has not shown, so Farah goes to his private chamber and asks what is holding him so long...

shah says:" i am just feeding this fish waiting for their stomachs to get full so they can jump out of the water and shout MARG BAR SHAH."

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
keyvan_pars said:
i don't know but i just heard a joke about shah ...

shah was supposed to see the president of some african country which was in niavaraan palace to get some aid for famine...

he was just standing by his fish bowl and feeding his fish. the minister of darbaar comes to him saying: " your majesty we need to go to receive president X from country Y. he is waiting in the grand reception hall."

shah says:" i will be there in a minute."

ten minutes go by and shah still has not shown, so Farah goes to his private chamber and asks what is holding him so long...

shah says:" i am just feeding this fish waiting for their stomachs to get full so they can jump out of the water and shout MARG BAR SHAH."
How true.

Jan 26, 2005
A sad joke indeed. Perhaps if his majesty would have allowed the freely elected prime minister by the people to rule the country- as it was specified in a continuation which so many from previous generations died for- all those over weight fish with their full stomach and with no problems what so ever would not have wished him death. According to the constitutions, his majesty was supposed to be just a royal figure not an absolute ruler (Shah bayad santanat konad, na hookomat).

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'll write down the lyrics so people can make their own judgements.

Khabidi bedooneh la layee o ghesseh,
begir asoodeh bekhab bi dardo ghosseh,

digeh kabooseh zemestoon nemibini, [ Winter of 57? ]
tooye khab golaye hasrat nemichini,

dige khorshid chehrato nemisoozooneh,
jaye silihaye baad roosh nemimooneh,

dige bidar nemishi ba negarooni,
ya ba tardid ke beri ya ke bemooni,

raftio adamakha ro ja gozashti,
ghanooneh jangalo zire pa gozashti,

inja ghahran sineha ba mehrabooni,
to too jangal nemitoonesti bemooni,

deleto bordi ba khod bejaye dige,
onja ke khoda barat lalayee mige,

midoonam mibinamet yerooz dobare,
tooye donyayee ke adamak nadareh,

Jan 15, 2005
No this is not true. It's another disgusting rumor by shahollahis!
The song was perfomed by Ghomayshi in memory of Freydoon Foroghi. The referenece to adamakha is a clear homage to Foroghi's famous song. Also the lyrics hint at the fact the Freydoon took his own life even if it was never admitted by his family.

Jan 26, 2005
Mr. Meyti,

I apologize if I offended you young man. I was under the impression that you would be tolerant enough (when reading opinion that do not like), not to resort to parkhas and nazesi gooyee, and being disrespectful. But, it seems no matter from what ghome, tayefeh, and hezb one is from, the world tolerance has no meaning in the dictionary (as most ke bar most). Just punch them on the nose and shut them up. By the way, how is the weather in Tennessee?

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
tangseer said:
No this is not true. It's another disgusting rumor by shahollahis!
The song was perfomed by Ghomayshi in memory of Freydoon Foroghi. The referenece to adamakha is a clear homage to Foroghi's famous song. Also the lyrics hint at the fact the Freydoon took his own life even if it was never admitted by his family.
What is your source my friend?

At first I thought it was a shahollahi type of rumour too...

But when he talks about kabooseh zemestoon and ghanooneh jangal(there always being a lion king) and stuff like that be shak oftadam..