Glwiz app on Samsung TV

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
glwiz might pretend to be a for profit outfit but in reality it is the overseas arm of the irib.
there is no way they can provide the content they provide their 'customers' worldwide without
direct help and approval of the highest echelon of irib and the islamic republic.
What a big pile of horse shit-like the rest of your posts. After all, it's "Chief".

I personally know one of glwiz's senior executives, and the above statement is BS.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
What a big pile of horse shit-like the rest of your posts. After all, it's "Chief".

I personally know one of glwiz's senior executives, and the above statement is BS.
I personally know the CEO !! the company started in Vancouver ... what a LOAD OF SHIT by PlayBoy ... loool

ISP used to stream football games like in 2007, so we are affiliated with IR 2?

Oct 18, 2010
if you expect the ceo of the company or even the doorman to admit publicaly
that they are being supported by irib and the islamic republic then you are
even more naive than the average confused iranian.just remember if they do
that the harper regime will be after them like a hungry bull dog.
but i expect folks to use their brains and think about how can glwiz get all the
content they have,which includes local channels from iranian provinces,and every
single tv show or film ever made in iran without any direct help from irib or it's
associates.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
thats not how the world works,
GLWIZ service COST the company money (bandwidth / infrastructure) , one must be STUPID to think they would just do this for "free" all those "FREE" apps you see, they are either after market-share to get popular and then be acquired, (similar to Whatsapp, YouTube etc.) or they are supported by ads.
GLWIZ has a decent market-share, so i don't think they are after that, I have a feeling they have a deal with Samsung that Samsung pays them something for each download ? All I can tell u, there nothing FREE in this world, someone , somewhere is paying for it :)
At my house we have a GLWIZ box & a Samsung smart TV with the GLWIZ application and to me the quality of both are the same the only difference is the app is free. Infact it's much easier and faster to navigate on the app since the Samsung remote control is much more responsive than the shitty GLWIZ remote. I think their ultimate goal is to get enough people to download the application and get the word around and then switch from free to subscription. They did the same thing on their website , at first it was free and then they started charging people monthly subscription and kept their free streaming but at a much worse quality.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

کاظم خان ، یک ماموریت ِ بالاتر از خطر برای ِ شما دارَم
این آقای ِ مسئول ِ جیلیز ویلیز را یک شب دعوت کن و مَستش کن و اسرارش را کشف کن
بعد بیا اینجا و تعریف کن و خانواده ی ِ آی.اس.پی را از این سَر دَر گُمی و ابهام نجات بده

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
GLwiz is a brand and arm of Group of Goldline, a Toronto based telecom company.

I too know a few of the senior execs of the company and many of their employees personally. It's just a half-successful private venture that got most of their capitol during the phone-card boom of the late 90s and early 2000s. Their winning card was the cheap rates they managed to get from Iran's Mokhaberat. I'm guessing some parti-bazi and "reshveh" was involved there, but other than that, they're just a bunch of people running a mid-size company. I agree that they must have a friendly helping hand with IRIB but then again, it could be as simple as a couple of dudes in Dubai or Turkey recording and editing things for them all the time :)

Streaming I.R's channels is not a hard task either. It can be done from Dubai with ease, though IRIB has direct links to their own channels anyway, so GLwiz could simply embed them in their player.

I'm pretty sure the "free" status of their app on Samsung platforms is temporary. They'll probably start charging at some point.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
As it was said by some members here .Enjoy it while is free . They show a message on app that soon you have to subscribe for it and enjoy your trial . The question is how much it will be . Will it be just a couple dollars to pay app once or will become a monthly subscription ?

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I would never pay for GL Wizz. Its a complete rip off. You pay monthly for this crap while you can watch all the tv shows and Iranian movies you want on the internet for free. It is really stupid to pay for this garbage service. Also most of the Iranian tv channels show mostly chert o pert so what is your reason for getting it??..

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
I would never pay for GL Wizz. Its a complete rip off. You pay monthly for this crap while you can watch all the tv shows and Iranian movies you want on the internet for free. It is really stupid to pay for this garbage service. Also most of the Iranian tv channels show mostly chert o pert so what is your reason for getting it??..
I would get glwiz to watch football games but whenever its on irib3 their servers cant handle the traffic and it will lag.

I wouldnt mind paying for it if it was a one time fee. Not monthly.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
At my house we have a GLWIZ box & a Samsung smart TV with the GLWIZ application and to me the quality of both are the same the only difference is the app is free. Infact it's much easier and faster to navigate on the app since the Samsung remote control is much more responsive than the shitty GLWIZ remote. I think their ultimate goal is to get enough people to download the application and get the word around and then switch from free to subscription. They did the same thing on their website , at first it was free and then they started charging people monthly subscription and kept their free streaming but at a much worse quality.
Right on spot.
The app now says:
Hope you enjoy your free trail.
The free app trail ends Jan 15 / 2015