Gol Bezan podcast

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Folks, Gol Bezan have posted their interview with Team Melli legend, Mehdi Mahdavikia. He was very straight to the point with his answers. Thank you for all your questions.

http://golbezanpodcast.com/news/the-questions-carlos-queiroz-must-answer-ahead-of-russia/

Please leave us a rating and a comment on iTunes.

Our Website: www.golbezanpodcast.com

Thanks,
Arya
View attachment 40085
Thanks a lot! Great interview.

It revealed more details around his Academy and also his coaching job at Hamburg which was not known before.

Jan 29, 2018
Guys, check out the latest podcasts by Gol Bezan and Team Melli Talk both on the latest friendlies against Tunisia and Algeria.

Gol Bezan with a great panel including Jahanbakhsh, Pouraliganji and Mohammadi's agent Amir Hashemi Moghaddam, along with directors Pasha Hajian, Babak Golriz and Pezhman Pars.

https://soundcloud.com/gol-bezan%2Fanalysis-of-irans-friendly-matches-vs-tunisia-algeria
Team Melli Talk with host Art Eftekhari and myself Arya Allahverdi. Was a pleasure to be on.

http://teammellitalk.com/is-team-melli-ready-for-the-world-cup/

Thanks
Arya

Jan 29, 2018
Guys, we have just posted a blog on the Gol Bezan website.

'World Cup 2018: A comparison of the squad and its preparation with that of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil'

Great piece by Atbin Moayedi.

http://golbezanpodcast.com/news/wor...on-with-that-of-the-2014-world-cup-in-brazil/

Also check out an interview that was done with us and Katayoun Khosrowyar by Al-Monitor. 'How an Oklahoman is scoring goals in Iran'. Excellent to spread the word about Iranian football!

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...ccer-football-kat-khosrowyar-coach-tulsa.html

Thanks

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Guys, we have just posted a blog on the Gol Bezan website.

'World Cup 2018: A comparison of the squad and its preparation with that of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil'

Great piece by Atbin Moayedi.

http://golbezanpodcast.com/news/wor...on-with-that-of-the-2014-world-cup-in-brazil/

Thanks
Thanks for the informative comparison. I learned few new things.

Here are some questions and comments that came to my mind:

- I was wondering what is the predicated squad and why is it not listed? Is it to avoid distraction from the main topic or was it left for the reader to figure it out as a nice brain activity by listing those not included (the 6 players)?

While I can understand such a reason to not publish something that can bring about discussions with potentials to overshadow the focus of the article, I have to admit the brain teaser became a brain test for me which I did not pass :), got a bit confused and had to guess all along who are possibly there.

For example a list of 29 players invited to friendlies against Tunisia and Algeria is used as a reference. However, I only recall 28 players (see the post by Payandeh_Iran on TM thread quoting CQ's FB page:TM list of 28), is Ashkan considered one of the invited players as he was camping with TM while nursing his injury, making the total to be 29?

In addition, 6 players (out of the 29) are mentioned as not to be part of the predicted final list, leaving the rest (23 players) as the possible predicted squad, yet Alireza Haghighi is mentioned as a potential addition to the final squad. Is he also part of the predicted list? with him it would become a list of 24.

Or 8 players are mentioned to be going to their second world cup, but there is no mention of Shojaei going to his third, does it mean he does not have a place in the predicted squad?

- These possibilities makes me wonder were there a second squad somewhat different than the one used in the article in the author's mind? if so how different was its stats compared to the one used?

- As for the general prediction made that other than A. Haghighi, it is highly unlikely to have any player outside the 29 who were invited make it to the final 23 list, I wonder about Majid Hosseini who was not invited due to injury. Same goes for Ashkan if he is not considered part of the 29 players.

I personally will be happy if CQ takes another look at Noorafkan and even Abdullah Zadeh during the camps in May (I know some also wish Rayan Tafazoli be tested and BeitAshour be called back, which in case of the latter I highly doubt it because of what supposedly happened the last time he was called up).

- I was under the impression that the current TM squad is much younger and less experienced than the one at Brazil WC. So it was very surprising and interesting for me to learn about the fact that it is indeed the other way around.

Is the average caps of the 2014 squad before the WC games played or after?
By any chance does the author have any comparison for minutes played (rather than number of caps)?
Not that I expected it to be used in this well written article, but I generally think it would be more accurate to use minutes played with consideration of level of the opponent (i.e. while the level of experience gained is different, a player gets same value and number of caps for playing 15 or 90 min, and whether playing likes of Guam or Chile).

- By the way, a minor thing:
On the second line under "Goals" subtitle, it is stated "Qualification for Brazil occurred with much greater ease than the previous campaign ..." I think Russia was meant instead of Brazil.

- It is refreshing to see how better our preparation has become (in comparison to WC2014) despite all the expectations and criticism.
Is there any reason that the friendly against Russia, who like Tunisia and Panama are going to be present at the World Cup, is missing from the list?

- I also very much agree with the conclusion stating:
"It was evident, against Tunisia and Panama, that some players lacked the physicality that will be needed in a World Cup in which you will play three games in ten days. If certain players are going to have the necessary stamina and win duels, aerial battles and 1v1 challenges, a further training programme will be, as Carlos Queiroz says, of paramount importance."

(I would only add Russia to the above statement, as it was specially obvious in the last 10 minutes of the game that some of the players did not have the stamina to continue and had hard time running or even kicking the ball).

Thanks again for the great effort.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018
Thanks for the informative comparison. I learned few new things.

Here are some questions and comments that came to my mind:

- I was wondering what is the predicated squad and why is it not listed? Is it to avoid distraction from the main topic or was it left for the reader to figure it out as a nice brain activity by listing those not included (the 6 players)?

While I can understand such a reason to not publish something that can bring about discussions with potentials to overshadow the focus of the article, I have to admit the brain teaser became a brain test for me which I did not pass :), got a bit confused and had to guess all along who are possibly there.

For example a list of 29 players invited to friendlies against Tunisia and Algeria is used as a reference. However, I only recall 28 players (see the post by Payandeh_Iran on TM thread quoting CQ's FB page:TM list of 28), is Ashkan considered one of the invited players as he was camping with TM while nursing his injury, making the total to be 29?

In addition, 6 players (out of the 29) are mentioned as not to be part of the predicted final list, leaving the rest (23 players) as the possible predicted squad, yet Alireza Haghighi is mentioned as a potential addition to the final squad. Is he also part of the predicted list? with him it would become a list of 24.

Or 8 players are mentioned to be going to their second world cup, but there is no mention of Shojaei going to his third, does it mean he does not have a place in the predicted squad?

- These possibilities makes me wonder were there a second squad somewhat different than the one used in the article in the author's mind? if so how different was its stats compared to the one used?

- As for the general prediction made that other than A. Haghighi, it is highly unlikely to have any player outside the 29 who were invited make it to the final 23 list, I wonder about Majid Hosseini who was not invited due to injury. Same goes for Ashkan if he is not considered part of the 29 players.

I personally will be happy if CQ takes another look at Noorafkan and even Abdullah Zadeh during the camps in May (I know some also wish Rayan Tafazoli be tested and BeitAshour be called back, which in case of the latter I highly doubt it because of what supposedly happened the last time he was called up).

- I was under the impression that the current TM squad is much younger and less experienced than the one at Brazil WC. So it was very surprising and interesting for me to learn about the fact that it is indeed the other way around.

Is the average caps of the 2014 squad before the WC games played or after?
By any chance does the author have any comparison for minutes played (rather than number of caps)?
Not that I expected it to be used in this well written article, but I generally think it would be more accurate to use minutes played with consideration of level of the opponent (i.e. while the level of experience gained is different, a player gets same value and number of caps for playing 15 or 90 min, and whether playing likes of Guam or Chile).

- By the way, a minor thing:
On the second line under "Goals" subtitle, it is stated "Qualification for Brazil occurred with much greater ease than the previous campaign ..." I think Russia was meant instead of Brazil.

- It is refreshing to see how better our preparation has become (in comparison to WC2014) despite all the expectations and criticism.
Is there any reason that the friendly against Russia, who like Tunisia and Panama are going to be present at the World Cup, is missing from the list?

- I also very much agree with the conclusion stating:
"It was evident, against Tunisia and Panama, that some players lacked the physicality that will be needed in a World Cup in which you will play three games in ten days. If certain players are going to have the necessary stamina and win duels, aerial battles and 1v1 challenges, a further training programme will be, as Carlos Queiroz says, of paramount importance."

(I would only add Russia to the above statement, as it was specially obvious in the last 10 minutes of the game that some of the players did not have the stamina to continue and had hard time running or even kicking the ball).

Thanks again for the great effort.
Thanks for your feedback, I will pass them on to Atbin.

Jan 29, 2018
Folks,

Our Gol Bezan founder and director, Pasha Hajian, has completed an exclusive interview with former Team Melli and current Persepolis head coach, Branko Ivankovic.

The interview will be out very soon, so stay tuned for that, there was plenty to discuss such as the league success, their ACL game against Al Saad and his time with the national team.

Please show your support for our podcast as we will continue to provide you with these great interviews.

golbezanpodcast.com
Twitter: @golbezan
Instagram: golbezan
Like us on Facebook and leave a rating on iTunes.

Thanks
Arya IMG_20180415_160414.jpg

Nov 29, 2002
Great podcast guys, I met Atbin and his dad in Brazil and had a nice dinner with them, lovely people.

On another note, screw Branko. The long term damage he did to TM and its development took more than a decade to recover from.

Jan 29, 2018
Torneo Delle Nazioni 🏆

Our U17 women's national team, along with head coach, Katayoun Khosrowyar, will be competing in this year's Torneo Delle Nazioni held in Italy.

Show your support! 🇮🇷 IMG-20180425-WA0003.jpg IMG-20180425-WA0004.jpg IMG-20180425-WA0005.jpg IMG-20180425-WA0006.jpg

Jan 29, 2018
Gol Bezan are at the Asian Champions League Coaches Press Conferences in Tehran.

Matches this weekend as follows...

Persepolis vs Al-Jazira - 7:30 PM local time

Esteghlal vs Zob Ahan - 8:45 PM local time

Morteza Pouraliganji's Al Saad will be in action against Al Ahli - 8:40 PM local time. IMG-20180514-WA0003.jpg IMG-20180514-WA0001.jpg IMG-20180514-WA0000.jpg IMG-20180514-WA0002.jpg