Gold !

May 9, 2004
قبرص مجبور شده قمستی از دخیرهای طلایش را بفروشد
در اینده یونان پرتقال و اسپانیا هم مجبور خواهند شد که همین کار را بکنند
المان و انگلیس و کشورهای بزرگ اروپایی طلاهای زیادی را با قیمت ارزانتر از انچه در طی دو سال گذشته فروش رفت خواهند خرید
من فکر کنم طلا تا مرز 1200 هم برسد
شاید حتی دها دولار زیر 1200 و انجا دوباره جان تازه خواهد گرفت
ولی کشورهای ضعیف اقتصاد در اروپا بوسیله کشورهای بزرگ اقتصادی اروپا و امریکا استعمار خواهند شد
در عرض چند روز 300 دولار از قیمت طلا کاسته شده که تا اخر این هفته بیشتر هم خواهد شد
المان تشنه طلای قبرص و پرتقال و اسپانیاست

Jun 7, 2004
Following the trend, baa'aa baa'aa. Why don't you open a thread on oil. Oil was $106 when a few years ago I wrote that the golden era of oil is over explaining that it will likely languish from here on. You disagreed colorfully, to be polite. Today oil stands at $87 despite the tremendous rise in other commodities such as farming products.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Where did you see the Cyprus has sold its gold? There's speculation that they will be selling around 400 millions worth, but they said a few days ago that they wouldn't be selling any. From what I gathered, today's major decline was because of a HUGE sell order from an "investment bank" (not sure which one) worth 6 billion USD!!!

BTW, apparently Gold started down 10% in Tokyo trading! The whole thing looks real fishy to me. Not sure what move the big guys are planning next...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
BTW, apparently Gold started down 10% in Tokyo trading! The whole thing looks real fishy to me. Not sure what move the big guys are planning next...
Well it's been a steady but admittedly calculated move from low-risk to higher risk for many investment firms in the past few months. I guess this investment bank that sold $6B worth of gold couldn't wait to jump into some fund or trade and gave their guy the green light to go and dump a shitload of gold into the market. These things are bound to happen as the market gains a bit of sometimes unjustified momentum.

I still don't understand how absolutely nothing worth mentioning resulted from the big fuck ups of the past few years. Day-trading, hedging, shorting and speculation has completely torn the market apart. It is now completely disconnected from the realities of earth and is holding millions (if not billions) of people's money as ransom in the form of "regulated funds"!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
A big component of the drop is related to the margin calls that are in connection with such a steep decline. As it intensifies the selling pressure is higher and you either have to meet the margin or a part of your investment is liquidated. This causes a down trend and it seems as there were a number of margin calls which contributed to this actually taking effect.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
It is now completely disconnected from the realities of earth and is holding millions (if not billions) of people's money as ransom in the form of "regulated funds"!
Yeah, that's what's scaring the hell out of me too. After Cyprus, it doesn't even feel like your money's even safe in a bank - never mind the fact that interest rates haven't even kept up with inflation for the past 5 years, but you could actually wake up and find out that someone raided your savings!