good old days

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Thank you oghabealborz's and Timsar jan I agree with you man, in her prime, she had such a powerful and incredible voice. I do not know why Googoosh never decided to learn English and try to become a singer in the west? She certainly had the talent to make it anywhere. Googosh was a little before my time but I listened to all of her songs on youtube what an wonderful singer. I have a litle bit of a bias because my teacher's brother Anoushiravan Rouhani worked with Hayedeh and she was my all time favorite, RIP. There is only one thing I agreed with the Shah, he recommended her to learn English. Maybe her life would have ended differently, if she would have learned English and gone to the west. Googoosh and Haydeh either way you want to slice it they are both legends.
Here you are dude ...Googoosh singing live in English ....it is a rehearsal in cabaret Miami in Tehran and aparantly she don't know cameras are rolling .

https://youtu.be/_KAQT0pwmo4

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

کرشمه که همان ناز و عشوه است با لوند بودن که بی پروایی همراه با نوعی هرزگی توام است فرق میکند
General jan, from how you describe lavand, it sounds as if it's a negative word. To me, lavand is not necessarily negative. It can be a compliment. or am I wrong?

I also agree with Soroush about Marjan! If anything she was the most "sar be zir", yet extremely beautiful singer at that time.

Ps. BTW, just to mention, I love Marjan at her young age! Great voice too! :)

May 9, 2004
تیمسار اون مرجان بدبخت که زیاد لوندی نداشت. خیلی زیبا بود و چشمانی بسیار نافذ ولی زیاد رو نداشت. همیشه یه گوشه ساکت وایساده داره میخونه. یا داشت من خبر ندارم؟ من بچه بعد انقلابم. فقط ویدیوهای اینها رو دیدم
نه بابا چیچی لوندی نداشت
جند تا فیلم بازی کرد دست فروزان رو از لوندی از پشت بسته بود
و اون عکس معروفش که با هنرپیشه ایطالیایی گرفته بود معروفه

May 9, 2004
Thank you oghabealborz's and Timsar jan I agree with you man, in her prime, she had such a powerful and incredible voice. I do not know why Googoosh never decided to learn English and try to become a singer in the west? She certainly had the talent to make it anywhere. Googosh was a little before my time but I listened to all of her songs on youtube what an wonderful singer. I have a litle bit of a bias because my teacher's brother Anoushiravan Rouhani worked with Hayedeh and she was my all time favorite, RIP. There is only one thing I agreed with the Shah, he recommended her to learn English. Maybe her life would have ended differently, if she would have learned English and gone to the west. Googoosh and Haydeh either way you want to slice it they are both legends.
تیم ملی جان
گوگوش چند تا اهنگ به زبان فرانسوی ایطالیایی و انگلیسی خواند که معروف ترین انها
I belive in love
و اصلا با چند تا شکرت اهنگ سازی در اروپا قارداد بسته بود و قرار بود انجا برای ی ک یا دوسال برنامه اجرا کنه
که بعد با محمود قربانی شوهرش اختلاف پیدا کرد و به ایران امد
و فیلم همسفر رو بازی کرد بعد هم طلاق گرفت و با بهروز ازدواج کرد و بعد انقلاب شد

May 9, 2004
General jan, from how you describe lavand, it sounds as if it's a negative word. To me, lavand is not necessarily negative. It can be a compliment. or am I wrong?

I also agree with Soroush about Marjan! If anything she was the most "sar be zir", yet extremely beautiful singer at that time.

Ps. BTW, just to mention, I love Marjan at her young age! Great voice too! :)
سلای جان
خود کلمه لوند کلمه منفی است
یعنی زن هرزه که با ادا و اطوارش مردها را به سوی خود جلب میکند
البته عامه کلمه لوند را برای زنی به کار میبرند که فن عشوه گری را خود بلد است
به همین خاطر یک زن که مورد توجه مردها قرار می گیرد را لوند میگویند
مثال اگر کسی به مردی بگوید زن تو لوند است این یک توهین است یا مثلا بگوید دخترت لوند است
یعنی دخترت با ادا و اطوارهایش مردها را جلب می کند
در صورتی که برای من و شما یک زن لوند زنی است که دل مردها را می رباید
اگر کسی به مردی بگوید دخترت زیباست یا ناز است فرق میکند اینجاست که منظور کلمه لوند مشخص میشود
یعنی کلمه در ذهن عامه کم کم به صورت مدح یک زن تلقین شده است
مثل کلمه لوطی و جاهل که خود اصل کلمه ذم است ولی بعدها جاهل با یکه بزن و جوانمردی مترادف شده
درمورد مرجان نه ایشون خیلی لوند بود شاید شما فقط وقتی میخونده ایشون رو دیدی و عکس ها فیلم های ایشون را مشاهده نکردید

Attachments

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Here you are dude ...Googoosh singing live in English ....it is a rehearsal in cabaret Miami in Tehran and aparantly she don't know cameras are rolling .

https://youtu.be/_KAQT0pwmo4
Duh that is right she can sing in English and very nice dude. I had a chance to see her in LA but I think I had some final exams so I could not go but my dad and other family members went. She sung her old Persian songs in those concerts.

General Parsaian I can only respond to you if you can give me a brief translation of what you wrote, appreciate it. Nice old school picture it looks like it was taken in like the late 60s early 70s.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
تیم ملی جان
گوگوش چند تا اهنگ به زبان فرانسوی ایطالیایی و انگلیسی خواند که معروف ترین انها
I belive in love
و اصلا با چند تا شکرت اهنگ سازی در اروپا قارداد بسته بود و قرار بود انجا برای ی ک یا دوسال برنامه اجرا کنه
که بعد با محمود قربانی شوهرش اختلاف پیدا کرد و به ایران امد
و فیلم همسفر رو بازی کرد بعد هم طلاق گرفت و با بهروز ازدواج کرد و بعد انقلاب شد
I watched Ghorbani's interview in recent years ,he is still very bitter about the whole dilemma .

In the 80s I was watching England v Georgia live from Tbilisi or Teflis as we say it and at half time they were playing Googoosh song "man amadeam " ,she is quite a well known celeb in the whole region .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
درمورد مرجان نه ایشون خیلی لوند بود شاید شما فقط وقتی میخونده ایشون رو دیدی و عکس ها فیلم های ایشون را مشاهده نکردید

Ajab! You learn new things everyday! I didn't know she's played in movies too. Any good ones?

May 9, 2004
I watched Ghorbani's interview in recent years ,he is still very bitter about the whole dilemma .

In the 80s I was watching England v Georgia live from Tbilisi or Teflis as we say it and at half time they were playing Googoosh song "man amadeam " ,she is quite a well known celeb in the whole region .
بله حتی در کشورهای عربی مانند کویت و تونس و امارات
اهنگ من امده ام و گوگوش خیلی مشهور است
چند ماه پیش هم گوگوش امده بود گویت و خیلی ازش استقبال شده هم مقامات رسمی و هم طرفدارانش
و یکی از اعضای پالمان که زن هم هست خیلی ازش تعریف میکرد
اینهم یک هنرپیشه کویتیه که تقلید گوگوش میکنه
[video=youtube;TyY54Z_zxOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyY54Z_zxOc[/video]

May 9, 2004
این هم یک برنامه طنزه تو تلویزیون کویت که باز گوگوش حاضره
[video=youtube;ch38WkNf-Bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch38WkNf-Bw[/video]

May 9, 2004
Duh that is right she can sing in English and very nice dude. I had a chance to see her in LA but I think I had some final exams so I could not go but my dad and other family members went. She sung her old Persian songs in those concerts.

General Parsaian I can only respond to you if you can give me a brief translation of what you wrote, appreciate it. Nice old school picture it looks like it was taken in like the late 60s early 70s.
Dear TM
Googoosh song in english italian and french
she and her husband mahomud ghorbany Signed contracts with Italian musical companies
They went to Europe for two years contracts (england , france, italy ,,)
but after seravl months she and her husband disagreed for some Issues
she returned back to iran
most famous song for her was I believe in love

Oct 18, 2010
the iranian cultural influence in west asia and beyond is one of the main
reasons iran has checkmated the semitic-axis-of-evil in isreal & saudi so
far.they simply can not compete with the superior iranian culture.here is
a good example,this remake of the aforementioned G song has more than
50m views by the mainly non-iranians on youtube.

[video=youtube;U_DSCLqgZCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_DSCLqgZCo[/video]

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
بله حتی در کشورهای عربی مانند کویت و تونس و امارات
اهنگ من امده ام و گوگوش خیلی مشهور است
چند ماه پیش هم گوگوش امده بود گویت و خیلی ازش استقبال شده هم مقامات رسمی و هم طرفدارانش
و یکی از اعضای پالمان که زن هم هست خیلی ازش تعریف میکرد
اینهم یک هنرپیشه کویتیه که تقلید گوگوش میکنه
[video=youtube;TyY54Z_zxOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyY54Z_zxOc[/video]
LOL ! if you hadn't said it I would have mistook her for Ahdiyeh dressed like Googoosh ..:15:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I see. Any of her films worth watching?
Don't remember much ......... I think she played in " gholam jandarm" with Malekmotie and Iraj Ghaderi
... That was a good film as far as I remember ...I was about 10 years old whe I saw it at Cinema Astara in Tajrish ,,,,Aref was singing "ey khoda " in that film.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
the iranian cultural influence in west asia and beyond is one of the main
reasons iran has checkmated the semitic-axis-of-evil in isreal & saudi so
far.they simply can not compete with the superior iranian culture.here is
a good example,this remake of the aforementioned G song has more than
50m views by the mainly non-iranians on youtube.

[video=youtube;U_DSCLqgZCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_DSCLqgZCo[/video]
Wow ... ! 50 million views ... they can't sing and dance or melt your heart like Googoosh could but so many views of their cover !

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dear TM
Googoosh song in english italian and french
she and her husband mahomud ghorbany Signed contracts with Italian musical companies
They went to Europe for two years contracts (england , france, italy ,,)
but after seravl months she and her husband disagreed for some Issues
she returned back to iran
most famous song for her was I believe in love
Wow that is AMAZING, I did not know that Googosh spoke Italian and French so she can speak four languages, English, Italian, French and Persian/Farsi. I wonder what was the disagreement between her and her husband.

Also for anyone who is a Googoosh expert, I hate to bring this up but I heard an ugly rumor, one that involved her and Tony Yayo slang for Cocaine. I guess at one point she had some problems with drugs, don't know if she does now. That is unfortunately apart of the music culture. I was at Cal Poly and 3 hours away from LA, studying for my finals, otherwise I would have gone to her concert in LA. Thank you for the backstory Timsar.

@Ogahbealborz jan, that may be true but Just because something has a lot of views 150,000,000 doesn't mean that it is good, see Justin Beiber for example. It goes to show though that these days you don't need any dancing or singing talent, I have no idea how in the hell these two got so many views but it is what it is. Imagine what Googoosh and Haydeh(RIP) would have been able to do if in their prime, social media were around? That is the great equalizer and x factor these days, it is much easier to become famous, you can start out by being a youtube sensation, like Beiber or these two. That was not there before, this is a recent phenomenon and social media is relatively new but it is a game changer and it can help your brand reach a world audience.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Don't remember much ......... I think she played in " gholam jandarm" with Malekmotie and Iraj Ghaderi
... That was a good film as far as I remember ...I was about 10 years old whe I saw it at Cinema Astara in Tajrish ,,,,Aref was singing "ey khoda " in that film.
Yadesh bekhair Cinema Astara. The number of times I skipped school to go watch band-tombooni movies there and have a chelo kabab in Sadeghi restaurant next door to Passage Farah. Good old days indeed.