Googoosh at Hollywood Bowl

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Daryush is a legend, Ebi is a powerful singer but not in a same league as Daryush.
While personally I agree with you, but i think music is personal choice! Some might disagree and say Ebi is a legend, some might say Shajarian or Kamran and houman ! the point is everyone has a different taste!
I dont like Googoosh having said that, i do enjoy 1-2 of her songs.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
nice series of talks but initial part of this exposes how googoosh dissed music industry of diaspora when she arrives to US.

AG addresses how googoosh became permanent in the US while kimiayee steals some cameras.. LOL

Isn't this the same Mehrdad who Mirzaghsemi told Googoosh if you sing with him we cancel the contract with you about the concert in LV? I remember they wanted to sue each other at that time (Mirza ghsemi & googoosh)

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ Yes there was a law suit and I think was from either the canadian based co. MG had bought the rights or from the MG himself; it was mentioned that mehrdad gets on stage and sings bunch of googoosh songs for the audience.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I disagree with most of you here!!!

Googoosh had great memorable songs back in the 70s and more or less shit now, she had a good voice when she was young and naturally at 70 she sings better than most 70 year old women but what distinguishes her from all our other singers, is her vast international fame.

Other Persian speaking nationalities may like some of our other singers and attend their concerts but in no other concert, non-Iranians (Afghans/Tajiks/non-iranian Kurds/etc.) gather in such vast numbers as they do in Googoosh's.

Still to this day, she's the one setting the norms of this industry/breaking records, etc.

I for one am very very proud that we have such an internationally acclaimed star like her and I hope she lives and stays with us for a very long time!

After her, we have no one to take her place in the above mentioned department.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Right after the revolution she was singing songs for Khomeini ie ''agha mano bebakhsh''
She sang that song but the claim that it was for Khomeini was nothing but a rumor created by the people. There is no proof of that and from what I remember she her self has denied it too.

So until there is a proof of that, this claim cannot be accountable.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ you seem to be more knowledgable on her affairs, somehow when she travels back home, not sure exactly when but not the 1979 time, her confiscated home as she says in an interview was released to her the next day etc.

It's odd IR would do that.. I found that to be a little fishy. A little positive press in exchange of something perhaps.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^ you seem to be more knowledgable on her affairs, somehow when she travels back home, not sure exactly when but not the 1979 time, her confiscated home as she says in an interview was released to her the next day etc.

It's odd IR would do that.. I found that to be a little fishy. A little positive press in exchange of something perhaps.
Really who cares? As long as most Persian speaking people like her, she puts Iran on the map. That's enough for me!

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ well.. values matter.

visit the homeland and first hand you start caring as who sides with IR and who doesn't. That point about her has been raised by many others; ppl care to know about artists values.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I am not a huge fan of Googoosh but I enjoyed this concert ... it was well done.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^Plus when you get out to a show it's a whole different kind of ball game.. Holly Bowl is an awesome place.

The crack she made about Trump's disapproval as personal doctor didnt let cheshmazar to be there was good.

Last edited:

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I disagree with most of you here!!!

Googoosh had great memorable songs back in the 70s and more or less shit now, she had a good voice when she was young and naturally at 70 she sings better than most 70 year old women but what distinguishes her from all our other singers, is her vast international fame.

Other Persian speaking nationalities may like some of our other singers and attend their concerts but in no other concert, non-Iranians (Afghans/Tajiks/non-iranian Kurds/etc.) gather in such vast numbers as they do in Googoosh's.

Still to this day, she's the one setting the norms of this industry/breaking records, etc.

I for one am very very proud that we have such an internationally acclaimed star like her and I hope she lives and stays with us for a very long time!

After her, we have no one to take her place in the above mentioned department.
Googoosh was ahead of the time in her young age, Just watch her moves and dance style in those old videos, everybody else was trying to mimic her.
I couldn't see any difference between her lip syncing and live singing, she would know exactly which camera she should turn to when singing.

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Kamran and Houman, two Canadian boys are indeed in the elite group of legend. Great Musicians.