Gotta love Canada!

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
You know, Toronto is home for me, but it's such a bullshit place when it comes to prices and services. I have a feeling there's a conspiracy behind Toronto: They made Toronto just to breed a few generations of frustrated, divided and Kos-mashang humans to be used as "happy citizens" when we finally take life from Earth to some other planet.

No other group of people (especially high demanding immigrants) would accept such fucked up state of affairs so willingly. It's like there's a numbing agent in Toronto's air.
Besides real estate, as a Canadian, Toronto seems to have lower prices than most of the other cities here.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
bunch of whiners :D (joking)
The fact is that the population of the world is increasing and os is the poblems associated with it.
Imagine what our grand childrens have to go through when the world population is twice as what it is today

Love it or leave it bro :) so glad to be part of this beautiful country.

Dude with all due respect you need to drop this stupid attitude of you. If every human being landed on this country would think like you then this would be the most fucked up nation in the world. Everyone is entitled to his or her view on this country, I don’t pay tax or live differently that I am going to talk or think in a different way.

Maybe and I am 90% sure you that you came to Canada and landed on one of the best spot in the country without any fears and uncertainty as you've had the support of your parents and you know what? Good for you because you were so lucky and I wish I was like you but this is not the case for many. so before telling people what to do and how to think you better see the problems from their point of view.

22 years ago I came to Canada with $-25000 on my hand, yes you heard me right “MINUS” $25000 … The first ever job I've ever had was snow plowing on the streets of Montreal north for $5 per hour and guess what after working 50 hefty hours of shoveling snow in a -30 night and days the guy who we worked for never showed up to give our money and back then there was no Cell phone or pager to reach him. We didn't even have enough money to buy a bus fair to go back home frozen and hungry.

This is just a small part of what I personally went through … I remember I used to buy three packs of Chinese soup ( Ramen) for a $1.00 for a period of a year and guess what I ended up in hospital and they kept me there for 4 days... There was a big recession in mid-90’s no job not even washing dishes . So I built f my own life from absolutely nothing and went to school like others, got the student loan like others and paid it back like others. I work and pay tax like others not a penny less and not a penny more.

I’ve been a decent citizen by respecting and obeying laws and I also have the right to ask for better because at this point nothing separates between me and a Canadian born.

I live in a society with the most corruption ever. I live in a society that Millions of the tax money spent for roads and they are so bad that No company gives you a guarantee when you buy a brand new tires .. I live in a society that they do nothing about one of the Country's most important bridge which is about to collapse and I have to wait in traffic for over 90 min day in day out ( here is the hour by hour closure and updates http://pontchamplainbridge.ca/en/) . I live in a society that public transportation can be late and if you ask why they call their union because you harass them by asking !!!! ...

So please dude don’t tell people they have no right to complain for a better Country because this is my county and I have contributed more than many of those lazy ass Canadians who don’t even know the laws of their nation.

yes maybe and surely Iran would not give me the right I have here but this does not mean I can't grumble for better. Our voice today will help our children in the future

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Dude, you're living in the beautiful west coast with mild temperatures, good scenery, best outdoor parties in the country, and excellent quality food for what you pay at least - the only bad thing you guys have in common with us is the high real estate prices which is probably understandable given all the other positives and the fact that you don't have a crack-head for a mayor!

Pasho bia inja, do se rooz barf paroo kon keh poshte sare in Chinia raanandegi koni, you'll either go crazy or be back in BC in a jiffy! ;)

Look, Canada is a beautiful country, I'm not denying that. It is also one of the best countries in the world to live in and has some of the most tolerant people in the world, I'm not denying that. But Toronto's EXTREMELY expensive in terms of taxation and the quality of life and services we receive, more so than any other city I have ever been too and that includes all the usual suspects in Nordic countries (other than Oslo) and Geneva. Paying lots for something is okay, but paying lots for what others get at half or a third of the cost is ridiculous IMHO.
Move to BC then :) the door is open bro !!!

Dude with all due respect you need to drop this stupid attitude of you. If every human being landed on this country would think like you then this would be the most fucked up nation in the world. Everyone is entitled to his or her view on this country, I don’t pay tax or live differently that I am going to talk or think in a different way.

Maybe and I am 90% sure you that you came to Canada and landed on one of the best spot in the country without any fears and uncertainty as you've had the support of your parents and you know what? Good for you because you were so lucky and I wish I was like you but this is not the case for many. so before telling people what to do and how to think you better see the problems from their point of view.

22 years ago I came to Canada with $-25000 on my hand, yes you heard me right “MINUS” $25000 … The first ever job I've ever had was snow plowing on the streets of Montreal north for $5 per hour and guess what after working 50 hefty hours of shoveling snow in a -30 night and days the guy who we worked for never showed up to give our money and back then there was no Cell phone or pager to reach him. We didn't even have enough money to buy a bus fair to go back home frozen and hungry.

This is just a small part of what I personally went through … I remember I used to buy three packs of Chinese soup ( Ramen) for a $1.00 for a period of a year and guess what I ended up in hospital and they kept me there for 4 days... There was a big recession in mid-90’s no job not even washing dishes . So I built f my own life from absolutely nothing and went to school like others, got the student loan like others and paid it back like others. I work and pay tax like others not a penny less and not a penny more.

I’ve been a decent citizen by respecting and obeying laws and I also have the right to ask for better because at this point nothing separates between me and a Canadian born.

I live in a society with the most corruption ever. I live in a society that Millions of the tax money spent for roads and they are so bad that No company gives you a guarantee when you buy a brand new tires .. I live in a society that they do nothing about one of the Country's most important bridge which is about to collapse and I have to wait in traffic for over 90 min day in day out ( here is the hour by hour closure and updates http://pontchamplainbridge.ca/en/) . I live in a society that public transportation can be late and if you ask why they call their union because you harass them by asking !!!! ...

So please dude don’t tell people they have no right to complain for a better Country because this is my county and I have contributed more than many of those lazy ass Canadians who don’t even know the laws of their nation.

yes maybe and surely Iran would not give me the right I have here but this does not mean I can't grumble for better. Our voice today will help our children in the future
if you dont like something give me a plan to change, vote for it, do something, just like most iranians, all u do is COMPLAIN, that does nothing ...

if you dont like something give me a plan to change, vote for it, do something, just like most iranians, all u do is COMPLAIN, that does nothing ...

It's not a complaint . Is to get our Voice heard but once I try to do it then you hit me with your famous "leave it or take it " formulate ...

I remember once I said I hate it because I cant have laliga coverage in Canada and then all I heard from you was"leave it or take it " ....

Dude I love CANADA and I mean it and this is why I chose it as my home forever but like any other countries we have our own flaws and faults and believe me as an immigrant I care more than those who born here and I mean in General not me specifically i mean people like me ...

Canadian laws and legislation are so out of date and I can give you one of the thousands examples ... I know this Algerian guy who's his Grandmother left Canada for almost 8 years . before leaving she applied and accepted to receive OAS ( Old Age Security) which was a total pay of $1100 a month . so let's do the math , the Canadian Government is using our tax money to pay someone $1100 X 96 Months = $105600 to someone who has not spent a minute in this country for the last 8 years ... this is wrong this is fucking insane ... I pay the tax for someone who has worked 0 minutes in Canada to live in Algeria ... so Do I have a right to complain or not ?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

you are the man .. I am really gald that your hard work paid off ...
The problem with canada is that it is a country that has so much natural resources and it has lazy and corrupt government thta doesn't want to change or changes very slowly.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I wish it was that easy bro, picking up and moving over 3000 km. My company pretty much has me pinned here and if and when I get it to the point of selling it or having someone take-over some other way, Spain is only a couple of thousand kilometers further and much warmer - people are MUCH nicer and more complacent about life, but more active in their politics - the exact opposite of Canada. I do appreciate your love and loyalty for Canada and that's great and I wish more Canadians were like you, but Canada and particularly Toronto and Montreal are on a serious downward spiral and will be unbearable places to live in 5 to 10 years. Urban planning and traffic management are non-existent and the infrastructure is falling apart completely. I challenge you to find one road in Cuba that's worse than 90% of the streets in some of the most expensive areas of Toronto! ;)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Current temperatures :peep:

Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica: -23°C, Wind Chill: -33°C

My home in Toronto, Canada: -21°C, Wind Chill: -36°C

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't understand why Canada has to be "loved" in order for someone's legitimate concerns to be considered in the first place?!! LOL!

Why should anyone "love" a contractual set of borders agreed upon by a bunch of rich men 200 years ago?!

That's all "Canada" represent these days anyway. A set of borders. Other than that, good luck finding any unique identity that can be associated with the word "Canadian".

Well let's be honest and realistic . Among all other countries I have personally picked the right choice and I have no regret . at one point Europe was a better place but since 10 years ago When i speak with those living in Europe I hear nothing but a big remorse. I am happy to live in Canada but I have doubt to stay in Quebec .

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I hear you guys loud and clear and I feel the same way... But the only way for your lives to change is for you to take action and change it. Yes it will be very difficult, very hard and very challenging.... But if we you want a better life and better place to live you have to work for it and set a plan for your self to get there... No other way around it ...

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The latest Bloomberg Nanos survey pretty much sums up the problem with Canada and why it's going down the crap hole:

"Indeed, the survey for the week ending Jan. 3, 2013, found 59 per cent of Canadians say they place more emphasis on the economy than issues of transparency and accountability. That’s compared to 54 per cent in January 2013."

Simple translation: Be corrupt and rape me if you want, as long as you give me something to eat! ;)