Great info to scan through

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_rankings_of_Iran#Energy

some data is a couple of years old but nonetheless some great info. I wish I knew who put this together and whether there was a political bias or not.
Very informative source and thanx for sharing ME jAn,

I found some of the information confusing, I'm sure it has some thing to do with me and there will be some convincing explanation for it. For example it indicates Iran exports 6.5 billion cubic meters of natural gas and right next to it it says Iran imports 6.2 billion cubic meters of natural gas per year.

Also it ranks Iran fifth in the world in the list of countries by irrigated land area when I'm sure USA, Russia, Brazil, China, India, Canada, Argentina and probably France and Mexico are all ahead of Iran.

But 93% literacy rate and being a nation with largest number of refugees and over 65000 published books per year is kinda impressive.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Very informative source and thanx for sharing ME jAn,

I found some of the information confusing, I'm sure it has some thing to do with me and there will be some convincing explanation for it. For example it indicates Iran exports 6.5 billion cubic meters of natural gas and right next to it it says Iran imports 6.2 billion cubic meters of natural gas per year.

Also it ranks Iran fifth in the world in the list of countries by irrigated land area when I'm sure USA, Russia, Brazil, China, India, Canada, Argentina and probably France and Mexico are all ahead of Iran.

But 93% literacy rate and being a nation with largest number of refugees and over 65000 published books per year is kinda impressive.
Motori jAn, I also had my second thoughts about accepting a good bit of data. In few occasions, when I felt uneasy with the data, I thought the source was from within Iran and I smelt political bias or national pride. But I also found it interesting as you did. More than anyhing else, I was impressed by the natural wealth of our nation. Only if we had fair managemnt.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
what does it mean energy intensity? why number 1 in world??
also what is R/P ratio? we're number 1 in that too!
nakoneh R/P (Reza Pahlavi) number one shodeh? lol oun ke az aval bood ;)
(ta cheshe in jomboori momboori ahmagh ha dar biad ) hah hah!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I read about energy intensity in Wiki. It basically means how well an economy is able to use enery to turn it into product (money).

High energy intensities indicate a high price or cost of converting energy into GDP. (perting energy like Iran)
Low energy intensity indicates a lower price or cost of converting energy into GDP. (*az goh kareh migiran, efficient, like India!)

LDPC

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2003
I read about energy intensity in Wiki. It basically means how well an economy is able to use enery to turn it into product (money).
Low energy intensity indicates a lower price or cost of converting energy into GDP. (*az goh kareh migiran, efficient, like India!)
I will remember it from now on :) Good explanation.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Thanks ME jaan for the info.
well iran under ir is number one in something lol :D
its too bad bcs we have the best brains in he world but usually the scumbags get the power (everywhere)!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Why use 2004 oil production figures? It is half now and why would Iran import 153,600 barrels of oil a day? Energy intensity makes no sense. Iran imports as much electricity as it exports?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
^^^
My understanding again is #1 in energy intensity means we waste more than anyone else in the world.

that import is likely representing Iran's gas import not crude oil.

As for natural gas import/export that Motori referred to, Iran distibutes imported Turkamenstan's natural gas in northen areas of the country, and exports Iranian production from Southern and Western outlets. This saves the cost of pumping natural gas 1000s of kiliometers.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Meyti jAn, this one is a good one to be #1.
First in R/P means, at the current rate of production, we will run out of oil after everyone else. Tell me about our luck, we waste more than everyone else, and we will bankrupt after everyone else when it comes to energy! Only if we ranked top 50 in brain!!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
As for natural gas import/export that Motori referred to, Iran distibutes imported Turkamenstan's natural gas in northen areas of the country, and exports Iranian production from Southern and Western outlets. This saves the cost of pumping natural gas 1000s of kiliometers.
Yes.i have been to the area and seen the Gas line in Northern Khorasan carrying the gas from Turkamenestan to Khangiran refinery.the gas line's point of entry into Iran is Sangar-tappeh in Turkaman-sahra.a good part of Northern Khorasan region is currently using that Turkeman gas and that has freed up some of Sarakhs gas reservoir for usage in central & southern Khorasan with potential future export in the form of Liquefied natural gas.

Last edited: