Great news: Faghani may be the ref for the World Cup Final

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Very few people ever remember who came 3rd in a world cup. It's meaningless because it doesn't take you further than a semi final.
I think both sides will give their reserve players time on the pitch instead of the regulars. To them it matters because they can say they played in a world cup
I watched this 1hr 40 min BBC video of 1994 USA world cup.
I set popcorn and was ready for the Sweden Bulgaria bronze match.
Out of 1 hr 40 min of great video, the Bronze match was showen in flashes (max 20 sec).

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Faghani's first half corner whistle was strange. but he had already let the clock overrun by a bit.

He handed more yellow cards in this game than any other game.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I watched this 1hr 40 min BBC video of 1994 USA world cup.
I set popcorn and was ready for the Sweden Bulgaria bronze match.
Out of 1 hr 40 min of great video, the Bronze match was showen in flashes (max 20 sec).

I was able to buy tickets for that match in bazar siah after the game had already started. Paid $50 dollars and the tickets were first row right in the middle. Face value of tickets were $2800.00. You could practically touch the players when they were doing free throws.

Dec 30, 2014
I was able to buy tickets for that match in bazar siah after the game had already started. Paid $50 dollars and the tickets were first row right in the middle. Face value of tickets were $2800.00. You could practically touch the players when they were doing free throws.
I was there too, a few rows above you around row 10 or so. I also bought my ticket for $50! We had pre-purchased tickets for the final. Our host in LA suggested we give it a shot to go and see if we can get tickets for the 3rd place match and sure enough there were tons of ticket available.

As for the final, there were also tickets available at the door from scalpers cheaper, and for better seats than what we paid for.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
/think colombian ref ordeal caused him to be mamnoo tasvir /

he got paid like 80k for 3 games and a month long ordeal.. nice change too..

great feedback on utube as well;

بابا کو... کشا، کجای دنیا میرن استقبال داور،بزارید یارو زندگیشو بکنه، هرکی تو این کشور مونده یه چی حالیشه، سریع حمله کنید مادرشو بگایید. شما که به خودتون رحم نمیکنید هرکاری باهاتون بکنن حقتونه

/sorry couldnt find other thread on him within the first two pages../

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
http://www.tabnak.ir/fa/news/818697/اقدام-عجیب-فدراسیون-فوتبال-در-انتقال-دستمزد-فغانی-از-جام-جهانیدلارهای-فیفا-را-به-4200-تومان-تبدیل-و-واریز-می-کنند

ته مهم افشاگری فغانی البته به جمله آخرش بازمی گردد که گفت: «البته شما باید با دلار 4200 تومانی این مبلغ را حساب کنید. چون فدراسیون دلار را می گیرد و به تومان و با دلار دولتی محاسبه می کند و به ما می دهد. ضمن اینکه با توجه به تحریم ها خیلی زمان می برد تا مبلغ مذکور به حساب فدراسیون فوتبال بیاید.»

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Ok, at first I thought this was in IRIB! I was getting a big shock before I realized it's manoto.

Still damesh garm for expressing it despite knowing he can be warned and barred from refereeing for life.
It is even worst, the fact that he had an interview with Manoto will get him into the trouble, remember Salar Aghili. But in case of Salar he is one Dastmal-Kesh e Abrishami like many in Iran, but this guy Faghani seems like to be a decent person.

Also i doubt he give a damn, he most likely will move outside Iran once he retire as ref. He once said ageh kheili sar be saram bezaran dasto zano bachamo migiram miram az Iran.
There are few refs who live outside already like Mozafarizadeh who lives in Vancouver and another guy which i forgot his name.