Greece acquits Farmers who shot 28 Bangladeshi Starawberry pckers for asking for months of backpay

Feb 22, 2005
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/31/greek-court-acquits-farmers-shot-strawberry-pickers

A Greek court's decision to acquit local farmers who admitted shooting 28 Bangladeshi strawberry pickers when they dared to ask for months of back pay has sparked outrage in the country.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Politicians, unionists and anti-racist groups roundly condemned the verdict describing it as a black mark for justice in a case that had shone a light on the appalling conditions in which migrant workers are often kept in Greece.

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
what disgraceful court system.

but i guess you can not expect much more from a country that has widespread Neo Nazi rallies.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
This is disgraceful ... unbelievable ! and these mugs are part of EU and a burden on the rest , how could they get away with this ? even one killed is too many but 28 ?!! and they walk free from court , oh my lord ...

Oct 18, 2010
the verdict is a bust allright.
but nobody was killed.
read before making emotional outbursts.

Two others, accused of aggravated assault and illegal firearms possession, were jailed for 14 years and seven months and eight years and seven months, but were freed pending appeal.

The strawberry pickers were shot in April last year when they demanded to be paid for six months' work at a farm in Manolada in the southern Peloponnese. Four were badly injured in the attack.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
the verdict is a bust allright.
but nobody was killed.
read before making emotional outbursts.

Two others, accused of aggravated assault and illegal firearms possession, were jailed for 14 years and seven months and eight years and seven months, but were freed pending appeal.

The strawberry pickers were shot in April last year when they demanded to be paid for six months' work at a farm in Manolada in the southern Peloponnese. Four were badly injured in the attack.
OK I stand corrected , I don't know why I thought they were all killed as soon as I saw the word shooting . these poor sods worked for six months in those appalling conditions and when they asked for their wages they got lead instead of silver ...and the rest of Europe is bailing them out .