Guus goes back to Turkey!

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
turkey az koja raft koja iran az koja raft koja uhhhh....

btw i dunno why he joined a team that is not in world cup but hey.. turkey gt a pretty good team tbh Euro cup will be instersting

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
salary 3.8 mil euro per year and we dont have that much money
As far as I've read it's around 7 million (euros) a year;) I posted it here:
[ame="http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?t=64454"]Guus Hiddink's next destination? - Community - IranSportsPress.com[/ame]
Also, as I said in the other thread, Hiddink could still coach another country in the World Cup since his contract with Turkey doesn't begin until August. Nigeria, North Korea and Ivory Coast have already approached him for the job.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2005
thats great, now they can make the semi's again!

none of the national teams Guus has manages have been able to make its past the semi's!

I would love him to take over Cote d' Ivoire, that team could do wonders with him!

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
whats wrong with their current bosnian coach?
apparently alot otherwise they wouldn't be looking for another one to lead them in the WC;) Drogba apparently asked his coach Ancelotti if he was interested, and when he said no he gave Hiddink a call in an attempt to convince him to accept Ivory Coast's approach.

Sep 25, 2005
apparently alot otherwise they wouldn't be looking for another one to lead them in the WC;) Drogba apparently asked his coach Ancelotti if he was interested, and when he said no he gave Hiddink a call in an attempt to convince him to accept Ivory Coast's approach.
very interesting stuff...where did you read this??

and what was hiddink's reply?

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
very interesting stuff...where did you read this??

and what was hiddink's reply?
A Dutch football site, here's the link although I don't know how useful it'll be lol:D http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item-TS1/176377/Hiddink-lijkt-te-kiezen-voor-Turkije-en-belt-met-Drogba.htm

It's the most reliable source for football news in Holland. Basically the Ivory Coast FA (like the Nigerian and North Korean ones) have approached Hiddink to take over the team for the WC. Drogba, who was impressed after Hiddink's time at Chelsea last year, contacted Hiddink to try and convince him to accept Ivory Coast's approach. However Drogba first asked his current coach Ancelotti if he's interested, and Ancelotti said no. And Hiddink's reply was that he's not considering any offers yet because he wants to wrap things up with the Russian FA first. After that he'll consider if and with who he'll go to the WC.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
It's 99% sure that Hiddink will coach Ivory Coast in the World Cup. Ivory Coast is not happy with their current coach Halilhodzic (and has every reason to not be seeing how they played in the ACN with the exception of the Ghana match) and approached other coaches; as far as I know Gerets rejected and Ancelotti said he wasn't interested, but Hiddink has said yes to the job and the only thing standing in the way now is his contract with Russia; however this seems like a formality, there's no reason Russia should keep him to his contract which ends in July. If all goes as planned he'll be IC's coach in the WC and afterwards start his job in Turkey.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Hiddink is still under contract at Russia and he can't go to Ivory Coast until his contract is terminated..also, I just read that also the players admit that the reason IC underperformed at the ACN was because there was no chemistry in the team. Kolo Touré said that it's something the coach should solve, and not the players. Also, there's rumours that their lack of teamwork is because of there being two separate groups in the squad: a 'camp-Drogba' and a 'camp-Yaya Touré'. Drogba denied this but it's clear that Halilhodzic was not up to the challenge of forming a team out of all the stars; they need a bigger, better coach than him. Someone like Hiddink would do the trick but he first has to get out of his contract at Russia.

Madridista

IPL Player
Sep 25, 2005
i hope that shifty man takes over IC because looking at their squad it would be a real shame if someone never got the best out of such a talented team!