H.M SON , the best Asian player ever ?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well deserved. Honestly this guy is just a very hard worker. He's not the most technically or physically gifted. He's not even fast by Korean standards, but somehow he worked so hard that he outshined players like Kane, Eriksen, Moura and Alli. Incredible story.

Best Asian player in history by a long shot.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I have yet to see a player as talented and as solid as Parviz Ghelichkhani in Asia, above all that with charisma and leadership, Karim Bagheri was in his class just lacked the tremendous spirit and leadership that Ghelichkhani had.

Son the most successful and Kia in his proximity, but equal opportunity does not apply to them all....

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I have yet to see a player as talented and as solid as Parviz Ghelichkhani in Asia, above all that with charisma and leadership, Karim Bagheri was in his class just lacked the tremendous spirit and leadership that Ghelichkhani had.

Son the most successful and Kia in his proximity, but equal opportunity does not apply to them all....
Those players you name could not even be bothered to try hard enough 5 games in a row. Kia tried but couldn't keep up, hence the ups and downs of his career.

Son has been trying his hardest for years. You can't point to a single game or training session where Son did not exhaust himself (according to his own manager). The same cannot be said about a single Iranian player. Not one! Not even Kia!

Yeah I'm sure given the choice, Pochettino would choose Ghelichkhani, Mahdavikia or Bagheri over Son! LOL!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Those players you name could not even be bothered to try hard enough 5 games in a row. Kia tried but couldn't keep up, hence the ups and downs of his career.

Son has been trying his hardest for years. You can't point to a single game or training session where Son did not exhaust himself (according to his own manager). The same cannot be said about a single Iranian player. Not one! Not even Kia!

Yeah I'm sure given the choice, Pochettino would choose Ghelichkhani, Mahdavikia or Bagheri over Son! LOL!
Actually your LOL makes me more confident in my comment since we have a different take on the game! 😍

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
EXACTLY !
May be and just may be the Kias and bagheri's had the potential to be better players....but the bottom line and fact is we see Son produce amazing game display in almost every game for the last 2-3 years in one of the top teams and top caliber leagues (if not the highest).

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto

Only Iranians shit on their own like this.

Now the insult is that Mahdavikia didn't try hard for 5 games in a row. How did he manage to play for a decade in a top league while breaking records in that same league? You should be a shamed of yourself for insulting a great Iranian.

If Mahdavikia was an Arab he would have stadiums named after him.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
A more fitting statement would be to name Son as the best Asian player of the decade. Comparing Ghelichkhani or even Kia with Sonny is apples and oranges. The game changes so much in a decade, the style, the formations and football in general is an ever evolving process. Gehich or Bagheri would stand no chance in the fast-paced, tactically complicated and physically demanding games of today, although, they were excellent in the way football was being played in their time.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Comparing Kia with Sonny is apples and oranges. The game changes so much in a decade, the style, the formations and football in general is an ever evolving process. Gehich or Bagheri would stand no chance in the fast-paced, tactically complicated and physically demanding games of today, although, they were excellent in the way football was being played in their time.
Yes Son's had a couple of good months but lets not get carried away.

Imo

Mahdavikia > Son

Physically stronger
Better technique
Superior speed
More consistent @ International level

Last edited:

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Yes Son's had a couple of good months but lets not get carried away.

Imo

Mahdavikia > Son

Physically stronger
Better technique
Superior speed
More consistent @ International level
I guess if Sonny was a Liverpool player, your standpoint would have been different, but you are entitled to your opinion, so no need to delve anymore into this subject.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I guess if Sonny was a Liverpool player, your standpoint would have been different, but you are entitled to your opinion, so no need to delve anymore into this subject.
What has Liverpool anything to do with this? Son wouldn't even make the bench if he was @ Liverpool.

I must have seen Son in action against Iran at least 4 times when CQ was in charge of TM and he was utter useless
on every occasion, don't believe the hype mate based on couple of good months. :)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
A more fitting statement would be to name Son as the best Asian player of the decade. Comparing Ghelichkhani or even Kia with Sonny is apples and oranges. The game changes so much in a decade, the style, the formations and football in general is an ever evolving process. Gehich or Bagheri would stand no chance in the fast-paced, tactically complicated and physically demanding games of today, although, they were excellent in the way football was being played in their time.
I don't disagree with what you said but the point is that if Ghelichkhani and Bagheri played at this era then they would be using today's methods of training and preparations.
On a level playing ground they were better players talent wise that Son.
I remember having a chat with Hossein Gazerani about World Cup 78, he said he used to drink grapefruit juice a lot thinking it would give him energy when in fact later he found out that it actually lowers his blood pressure and make him weak! And there was nobody with nutrition knowledge to monitor players.
Players like Ghelichkhani used to have cheese and bread or if lucky abgoosht for lunch on Match days....

Last edited: