Had to get some stuff off my chest!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Hey Guys,
I have to get some stuff out in the open. The last few weeks, I got bunch of PMs saying how ISP sucks and how we should get rid of certain members and and and, also departure of one of our long term mods did not help the situation. I want to get some stuff out in the open and please do share your feedback:
  1. Since the day I joined ISP and now that I am the only admin left, I have always tried my best (yes I have made plenty of mistakes in the past) to operate the site with "1" main principle, "You are free to express your opinion" even if I don't agree with it, your have right to express it, you can discuss it and it is OK if at the end of the day we don't agree with each-other! we can always agree to disagree!
  2. Until I am here at ISP, I promise you, Censorship is NOT tolerated, banning a member solely because of their personal belief is NOT tolerated. Deleting a member post just because you don't agree with them is NOT tolerated.
  3. Yes, I am fully aware of PFDC, here I even link it to them http://www.persianfootball.com/news/ if you guys enjoy PFDC, I strongly recommend opening an account, support them, why not? Every site has their policy and rules, here at ISP, these are the rules, if you don't like them please do explore other options including PDFC, if you find another site that is even better, go ahead and share it here. In fact few months ago I did start a thread to share the sites you regularly visit. I will never as long as I am here, allow for censorship of any kind.(if it happened in the past by me or others, it was a MISTAKE and I own up to it)
  4. Yes I am also aware of the small number of member at ISP since some of you pointed out in your PM. Number of members doesn't matter, We have a site here, we even remove google ads so you guys can browse easier, we do NOT ask for a penny, we pay the cost out of our own pocket, honestly yes, might be stupid, but whatever, ISP is part of me, I joined this site when I was still in HighSchool, we did a lot of things, we were the first site who started streaming football games well before GLWIZ and I am damn proud of being part of that experience. Mistakes were made, (by me and others), we lost some members, it is sad and I wish they do come back, however 1 member or 10 or 100000, ISP policy is NOT going to change. This is our core value and it shall always remain that way. You are FREE to express your opinion.
That is all! so those who sent a PM, here is your reply :) The answer is still a NO, ISP will NEVER EVER allow censorship.

Cheers and to those few members who are still with us, Thank you!!!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Hey Guys,
I have to get some stuff out in the open. The last few weeks, I got bunch of PMs saying how ISP sucks and how we should get rid of certain members and and and, also departure of one of our long term mods did not help the situation. I want to get some stuff out in the open and please do share your feedback:
  1. Since the day I joined ISP and now that I am the only admin left, I have always tried my best (yes I have made plenty of mistakes in the past) to operate the site with "1" main principle, "You are free to express your opinion" even if I don't agree with it, your have right to express it, you can discuss it and it is OK if at the end of the day we don't agree with each-other! we can always agree to disagree!
  2. Until I am here at ISP, I promise you, Censorship is NOT tolerated, banning a member solely because of their personal belief is NOT tolerated. Deleting a member post just because you don't agree with them is NOT tolerated.
  3. Yes, I am fully aware of PFDC, here I even link it to them http://www.persianfootball.com/news/ if you guys enjoy PFDC, I strongly recommend opening an account, support them, why not? Every site has their policy and rules, here at ISP, these are the rules, if you don't like them please do explore other options including PDFC, if you find another site that is even better, go ahead and share it here. In fact few months ago I did start a thread to share the sites you regularly visit. I will never as long as I am here, allow for censorship of any kind.(if it happened in the past by me or others, it was a MISTAKE and I own up to it)
  4. Yes I am also aware of the small number of member at ISP since some of you pointed out in your PM. Number of members doesn't matter, We have a site here, we even remove google ads so you guys can browse easier, we do NOT ask for a penny, we pay the cost out of our own pocket, honestly yes, might be stupid, but whatever, ISP is part of me, I joined this site when I was still in HighSchool, we did a lot of things, we were the first site who started streaming football games well before GLWIZ and I am damn proud of being part of that experience. Mistakes were made, (by me and others), we lost some members, it is sad and I wish they do come back, however 1 member or 10 or 100000, ISP policy is NOT going to change. This is our core value and it shall always remain that way. You are FREE to express your opinion.
That is all! so those who sent a PM, here is your reply :)The answer is still a NO, ISP will NEVER EVER allow censorship.

Cheers and to those few members who are still with us, Thank you!!!
Thank you Mr. Pooya for your hard work for this site.
I agree with you 100%. If you don't like certain individual, just ignore the person. It is an amazing option ;)

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Pooya jan, thanks and appreciations for all your efforts, devotion and energy you put into this site.
24 years later, and I still visit this site frequently. That goes to show that you guys have done a tremendous job to keep this site going despite the odds.
Keep up the good work buddy.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2002
I have been here since the beginning and I post a grand total of maybe 5 posts a YEAR :)
ISP provide my dose of general news and then sports; I have been enjoying reading almost all posts, specially the general forum for the last 25 years and plan to do it for the next 25 years.
Whatever you are doing works… at least for me. Thank you for your hard works.
Cheers!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Pooya jan, great post. I am so glad you got that out of your chest. Yes, I have to acknowledge and say, I have been one of those affected by you a few times in the past (I am sure you know it too) and have been a bit disappointed. In addition, I was thinking, (judging by the number of active members) you may not even want to keep this site for a long time and would probably let it go soon any day. However your words just gave me a warm energy inside that not only the site will remain but we can also make a fresh start. Not the least, the fact that you keep staying on the rules of democracy and tolerance, means you are serious about it and it strengthens your post. That is great. Way to go!

Now I think if the active members start to become more active, passive members will join in and the site will slowly become much more active again.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya I am going to speak from the heart. As for PFDC, I don't like to bring that up so I am going to put that issue on the side.
I feel like overall you do a good job however, I think you might have the wrong perception about me and other members
have seen how I get treated differenty. That is why I do not post as much as I used to, if you have noticed .The difference
between here and PFDC is nobody mocks me, they just ignore me. As others have mentioned, there are worse members than me
and nobody mocks them.
As for me, sure I am going to sick around because I don't believe in giving up or taking my ball and go home but
I urge you to at least view me with less bias, and judge me on what i do today.
As Koroush E Kabir said, "Never compare yourself to others, only compare yourself to your former self." Anyways I had to get
THIS OFF MY CHEST.
I will stick around but i probably won't be as active and I appreciate all of your hard work, I know what it takes to orgnaize this becasue
i was a mod on another forum.
I don't have a problem with the censorship issues. I have a problem with the same gang of people get away with bloody murder
they never get reprimanded, they know this so they continue to be a jackass. They get immunity, that is my big issue. If I sneeze, you will want to thorw
the book at me, I mean I even have my own page called, "Sheerwin's thoughts."
Ill just um take the high road and stop there.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya
Without taroof or bs, I want to THANK YOU, you COMPLETELY surprised me today. I told my girlfriend, "I bet you I am going to get banned or reprimanded.,
for saying what was on my mind." I had a lot of time to do some reflecting and I want to apologize for over posting or not being topical in the past
I have corrected that and I have taken your advice. I think when you don't post as much, when you do, people will value it more. I will also keep it shorter.
And guys you have no idea how hard it is to organize a website and keep that ship running. I experienced that before, Pooya does this because
I can feel that he cares about Iran. He also could have easily banned me, when I mentioned IK but he hopes all Iranian sites are successful.
Bro keep on doing what you are doing, I just had to give my thoughts and feedback friend. Nothing personal, strictly business, DAMET GARM
nadarovia bratushka.
Ona side note, I SEE YOU, this is the first time you liked my post. This is about as rare as Khabib Abdulmanapovich Nurmagomedov, losing a fight, it
just doesn't happen :)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@YePaDoPa Um are you referring to Mashdi the Perspolis fan who would post all the time in other forums?
That guy got banned from IK, PFDC and i think every Iranian football site. I could be mistaken and you could
be referring to another Mashdi.