Happening now...

Oct 18, 2010
america unplugged :eek:
a must read for everyone that cares about america.
don't worry it's not from presstv :ROFLMAO:

We Are Living in a Failed State
The coronavirus didn’t break America. It revealed what was already broken.

hen the virus came here, it found a country with serious underlying conditions, and it exploited them ruthlessly. Chronic ills—a corrupt political class, a sclerotic bureaucracy, a heartless economy, a divided and distracted public—had gone untreated for years. We had learned to live, uncomfortably, with the symptoms. It took the scale and intimacy of a pandemic to expose their severity—to shock Americans with the recognition that we are in the high-risk category.

The crisis demanded a response that was swift, rational, and collective. The United States reacted instead like Pakistan or Belarus—like a country with shoddy infrastructure and a dysfunctional government whose leaders were too corrupt or stupid to head off mass suffering. The administration squandered two irretrievable months to prepare. From the president came willful blindness, scapegoating, boasts, and lies. From his mouthpieces, conspiracy theories and miracle cures. A few senators and corporate executives acted quickly—not to prevent the coming disaster, but to profit from it. When a government doctor tried to warn the public of the danger, the White House took the mic and politicized the message.

Every morning in the endless month of March, Americans woke up to find themselves citizens of a failed state. With no national plan—no coherent instructions at all—families, schools, and offices were left to decide on their own whether to shut down and take shelter. When test kits, masks, gowns, and ventilators were found to be in desperately short supply, governors pleaded for them from the White House, which stalled, then called on private enterprise, which couldn’t deliver. States and cities were forced into bidding wars that left them prey to price gouging and corporate profiteering. Civilians took out their sewing machines to try to keep ill-equipped hospital workers healthy and their patients alive. Russia, Taiwan, and the United Nations sent humanitarian aid to the world’s richest power—a beggar nation in utter chaos.

...continue reading here

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/underlying-conditions/610261/

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
america unplugged :eek:
a must read for everyone that cares about america.
don't worry it's not from presstv :ROFLMAO:

We Are Living in a Failed State
The coronavirus didn’t break America. It revealed what was already broken.

hen the virus came here, it found a country with serious underlying conditions, and it exploited them ruthlessly. Chronic ills—a corrupt political class, a sclerotic bureaucracy, a heartless economy, a divided and distracted public—had gone untreated for years. We had learned to live, uncomfortably, with the symptoms. It took the scale and intimacy of a pandemic to expose their severity—to shock Americans with the recognition that we are in the high-risk category.

The crisis demanded a response that was swift, rational, and collective. The United States reacted instead like Pakistan or Belarus—like a country with shoddy infrastructure and a dysfunctional government whose leaders were too corrupt or stupid to head off mass suffering. The administration squandered two irretrievable months to prepare. From the president came willful blindness, scapegoating, boasts, and lies. From his mouthpieces, conspiracy theories and miracle cures. A few senators and corporate executives acted quickly—not to prevent the coming disaster, but to profit from it. When a government doctor tried to warn the public of the danger, the White House took the mic and politicized the message.

Every morning in the endless month of March, Americans woke up to find themselves citizens of a failed state. With no national plan—no coherent instructions at all—families, schools, and offices were left to decide on their own whether to shut down and take shelter. When test kits, masks, gowns, and ventilators were found to be in desperately short supply, governors pleaded for them from the White House, which stalled, then called on private enterprise, which couldn’t deliver. States and cities were forced into bidding wars that left them prey to price gouging and corporate profiteering. Civilians took out their sewing machines to try to keep ill-equipped hospital workers healthy and their patients alive. Russia, Taiwan, and the United Nations sent humanitarian aid to the world’s richest power—a beggar nation in utter chaos.

...continue reading here

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/underlying-conditions/610261/
"The Atlantic" is my favorite site and I think he is partially right -- America had the whole February and March to prepare . However, nobody has ever heard of closing down the whole country and that is the only way this could have been prevented. I think Corona spread was and is inevitable -- it will go everywhere -- the only thing you can do is to slow down so the health system can deal with it till there is a vaccine for it.

Oct 18, 2010
"The Atlantic" is my favorite site and I think he is partially right -- America had the whole February and March to prepare . However, nobody has ever heard of closing down the whole country and that is the only way this could have been prevented. I think Corona spread was and is inevitable -- it will go everywhere -- the only thing you can do is to slow down so the health system can deal with it till there is a vaccine for it.
americans expect batman,superman,spiderman,rambo or the terminator to show up and save their lives when they face a problem.
that's what hollywood has engraved in their brains and they just don't understand their limitations.
they are basically "waiting for godot" at this time.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
americans expect batman,superman,spiderman,rambo or the terminator to show up and save their lives when they face a problem.
that's what hollywood has engraved in their brains and they just don't understand their limitations.
Even though they could have done a much better job to prepare, the action taken on the last four weeks have all been in the right direction.
Americans, in general, have this hero mentality, nothing new. You can somehow criticize their mentality. Sure, human being is not perfect. However, US and most Western countries have reached to the level of maturity that the government has to find a solution for its people some way or another and can't lie and hide the truth. The system by no means is perfect, but on average not in comparison with the countries such as China, Russia, and Iran are offering to their people. Never forget, you can buy technology, but you can't buy freedom of human creativity and that is why most new things comes from United States. Again, not everything in these countries are perfect but so much better than anywhere else. Do I like the American mentality? No not really because sometimes it feels so cocky but I can't also disregard all the innovations and great things that comes from America as well.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Trump orders US to 'shoot down and destroy' Iranian boats 'harassing' warships

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-destroy-us-ships-sea-tensions-a9478051.html

Finally a great move.

But I am the Sepaah boats won't go anywhere near the US naval ships again. They only do these things for show and when they know there will be no consequences.

I do hope they go though, I would love to see the IR c@nts blown up to pieces.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
True. Let's not forget that same mentality exists in Iran with Emam Zaman being the savior.