Hassan Roshan or Ali Karimi ?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
If you have gone past your centenary you may remember what a gem Hassan Roshan was ,but what was he like comparing to Ali Karimi ?

Both such skillful players on the ball but born in different era , if you have seen them both which one would you pick on your side ,which one was more influential in the team .

I have no doubt who I will pick in my side ,but I like to hear what your thoughts are ... ok ,given Roshan was a winger and Karimi had a more central attacking role but both were offensive players and both candidates of best attacking players for Iran and Asia ,who is your favourite and why ?

Nov 24, 2002
Karimi never played according to his full potential but the guy played in pretty much every position in midfielder and for such a club like Bayern and he lasted two season there and played almost 80% of their games in first season. Name me any iranian who can come even close to that. Even Daei played probably in half of Bayern games. Karimi played as defensive midfielder, central, left winger, right winger and behind striker in Bayern and as central, left and offensive midfielder in TM.
He was playing for Bayern team that had, Hasan Salihamidzic, Deiselr, Ballack, Ze Roberto, Jens Jeremies, Owen Hargreaves,Martin Demichelis,Bastian Schweinsteiger,Mehmet Scholl at their prime, look at the names, is kind of scary but he managed to play and perform pretty well.
Enough said..

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Karimi never played according to his full potential but the guy played in pretty much every position in midfielder and for such a club like Bayern and he lasted two season there and played almost 80% of their games in first season. Name me any iranian who can come even close to that. Even Daei played probably in half of Bayern games. Karimi played as defensive midfielder, central, left winger, right winger and behind striker in Bayern and as central, left and offensive midfielder in TM.
He was playing for Bayern team that had, Hasan Salihamidzic, Deiselr, Ballack, Ze Roberto, Jens Jeremies, Owen Hargreaves,Martin Demichelis,Bastian Schweinsteiger,Mehmet Scholl at their prime, look at the names, is kind of scary but he managed to play and perform pretty well.
Enough said..
I agree with everything you say , I love Karimi myself for all of that ,but lets not forget the times Hassan Roshan and his generation hit the brick wall and their careers went in disarray .

All we can compare them with is their game play and their impact and the contributions they made for team melli , I have find Hassan Roshan more talented and skilful with better goal scoring ability ,while Karimi with silky skills being able to dribble his way through many players ,for me he developed late into his career to become a mature player ,by learning to economise his moves and pick the best options to play the ball .

while Hassan Roshan showed that maturity at a very young age an really was a handful ,an Ace . you could never tell what he would do with the ball because he was not a one trick pony ,he could take on players with left or right foot but at the same time find his team mates in better positions or a slightest gap and chance he could find the back of the net and he did that against world class teams like France,Poland ,Peru and some vital goals for the world cup campaign ,winner against Australia and his double against Korea in Tehran when we were 1-0 down .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Oghab jan, in the end you want to say you would pick Hassan Roshan over Karimi in your team, right? That is you point?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Oghab jan, in the end you want to say you would pick Hassan Roshan over Karimi in your team, right? That is you point?
Well , I made the thread to hear your opinions and let you know mine ,it does not in any way mean that I am right or want to impose my opinion on others .

It would be nice to hear what we all think and how we rate these two players who were the stars of their time .

Feb 4, 2005
I pick Hasan Rowshan over combined talents of all Iranian football players in last 70 years. Collectively they cannot joft his shoes.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
سوال بسیار جالبی*** است.من حسن روشن را یک سرو گردن از علی*** کریمی*** بالاتر میبینم.نه تنها به خاطر اینکه او یک نابغه بود بلکه بدین خاطر که او از معدود فوتبالیست***هایی*** بود که می***توانست نتیجهٔ یک بازی را تغییر دهد.حسن روشن تنها بازیکنی از ایران است که در تمامی جامها گًل زده است از جام جهانی*** بگیرید تا المپیک تا جام باشگاها.

او یک دریبل زن قهار بود که هم چپ پا بود هم راست پا.علی*** کریمی*** هم یک دریبل زن قهار بود ولی*** بیشتر بازی او سبک نمایشی داشت تا در خدمت تیم*** بودن.کریمی*** نشون داد که در برابر تیمهای ***اروپایی چندان ا***ش دهان سوزی نیست،از خاطر نبرید که در بازی رفت با ایرلند جنوبی دو موقعیت صد در صد گًل را در یک بازی تک به تک با دروازبان تیم*** ایرلند از دست داد.او در جام جهانی*** ۲۰۰۶ هم هیچ کاره بود،یعنی*** هیچ کاره کرده بودنش،کار به جایی*** رسید که مربی*** دستور تعویض او را داد.این در حالی*** بود که در اون بازیها همهٔ چشم***ها به حرکات تاکتیکی او دوخته شده بود.اما غافل از یک حرکت ،غافل از یک موقعیت گًل خلق کردن.

در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بسیاری از بازیکنان تیم*** ملی*** بودند که در آسیا بی*** همتا بودند ولی*** در جام جهانی*** و دیدار با بزرگان فوتبال هیچ مشکلی را از دوش تیم*** ملی*** بر نداشتند،نمونهٔ آن علی*** پروین در جام جهانی*** ۱۹۷۸ بود،که اصلا در حد انتظار ظاهر نشد.
روشن از خلاقترین بازیکنان فوتبال ایران نیز بشمار می آید . توانایی او در گذر از سختگیرترین و خشن ترین مدافعان باعث محبوبیت و تماشاگر پسند بودن بازیش میشد همین ویژگی عموما مدافعان روبرویش را مجبور میکرد تا برای مهار وی بخشونت روی آورند ضربات بیرحمانه مدافعان در نهایت منجر به مصدومیتش شد تا سرنوشتی همانند آقا جلال طالبی - ایرانپاک - مظلومی و دیگر بزرگان فوتبال ایران پیدا نموده و خیلی زود بدوران پایانی فوتبال خود برسد افسوسی ابدی برای فوتبال ایران که یکی از بهترینها یش را در 26 سالگی برای همیشه از دست بدهد آنروزها فوتبال ما ستاره هایش را گاها زود فراموش میکرد

roshan8.jpg

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
iran.jpg

اين تصوير كوياي بسيار است در سكوت يك قاب، درود بر شير مردان و ملي بوشان هميشه ماندكار در تاريخ فوتبال ايران و اسيا

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I never saw Roshan play but I've never seen an Iranian player come close to the technical ability of Karimi.

On a side note, I really like the green shirts Iran had back then.

Feb 4, 2005
I give the edge on dribbling to karimi but overall roshan was the most complete player we had ( i dont remember ghilichkhani or jabbari or behzadi)

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
lol@pooya, how much of roshan you saw playing dude?
Live you mean ? nothing, nor did I maradonna or Pele playing :) But i have watched shit load TM games of the past and seen him there.
Actually I should correct myself, the game during Rowshan time was different vs Karimi time, so was during Maradonna time vs Messi and so on, Defending is A LOT different now compared to then, so in the second thought, not sure it is fair to compare the players.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
It was a lot harder back then since defenders used to get away with murder without a fear of getting booked ...
disagree, I think football is harder now than back then. What you say is true about defenders getting away with murder, but on the other hand you have more advanced tactics, much tighter defending (=much less space), faster football, improved physique, less time to make decisions/play etc. Footballers, especially attackers, have it harder now.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
disagree, I think football is harder now than back then. What you say is true about defenders getting away with murder, but on the other hand you have more advanced tactics, much tighter defending (=much less space), faster football, improved physique, less time to make decisions/play etc. Footballers, especially attackers, have it harder now.
You are right but a genius like Roshan was he would have had a much more fruitful career now than he did back then ,he was a master of getting out of tight spaces by either playing the ball to his team mates or going past players with the ball on his own ,player like him always made space for himself ,he was so smart with great technique on both feet .