He turned himself in, only to be executed two months later.

Jan 26, 2005
In November 1978 Hoveyda was detained by the Shah's short-lived military government. At the time of the February 1979 uprising he gave himself up to the new government appointed by Ayatollah Khomeini. Two months later he was sentenced to death by the Islamic Revolutionary Court and shot the same day.

Hoveyda spoke English, French, German and Arabic and wrote articles for various Persian publications. His favorite recreations include golf, tennis, reading and cultivating roses. Among the honors that he has received are Iran’s highest civilian award, the order of the Taj, first class, and the rank of Commander of the French Légion d’Honneur, as well as decorations from many Western, Asian and Middle East countries.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
yeah but he was mostly responsible for shah's downfall!
shah knew it too a long before the rev.
marhoom-e A'lam had talked about hoveyda to shah on numerous occasions and warned him. but shah had told him that there was not too much he could do about it? another person responsible for khomeiniac's hostile take over was sharif (kasif) emami who was the head freemason in iran whose post is currently filled by m karroubi.

hoveyda spread fesaad/corruption during his time in office focusing on the youth which in turn did not set too well with the older more religious generation and so it back fired on shah?!
but shah did not want hoveyda to be captured by those bastards (yazdi and co.).
in fact shah said they waited in mehrabaad for hoveyda about 30 minutes (held the flight) but he did not show up so they left!

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Meyti, Unlike you I believe if Shah got Howeida to take over and be primeminister
instead of sharif emami his chance to come over the crises was larger.
In time of crises it is best to get the most expierinced man to take over not
less expierienced Sharif Emami who acted crazy IMO.
When Amuzagar resigned after the riots in Qum shah could have chosen Howeida
instead of sharif emami like IRI is giving the country to Rafsangani at this time.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
When Howeida was arrested by sepah people one of the members of sepah said
you destroyed the country. Howeida answered " I destroyed the country I hope
you young mojahed fix it". In his court he said he has 400,000 toman heritage and
he realizes that they will kill him and take all his money. But he asks them to use
this 400,000 toman to bury his death body out of Iran since this soil was not good
to him.
In prison he told Khalkhali "look I am not bisvad. This match(he hold in his hand)
used to cost 1 rial for 10 years ago and it costs 1 rial today. This country has a
solid economy in ten years from now on after you take over look at Iran's economy
and recall what I said".
I am not completly infavour of him but I realize he was a knowledgable man who did
a good job on several issues including economy.
It was in his time children got a meal at school.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Correction
But he asks them to use
this 400,000 toman to bury his death body out of Iran since " En khak be man vafa
nakard".