Help preserve the history of Iran and Iranians

Apr 10, 2005
Iranian Wikipedians desperately need YOUR help. If you are intelligent enough to use these forums, you can help!

Why do we need help?
Separatist Arabs and Kurds, plus a few politically-motivated Arab and Israeli nationals, have been repeatedly and systematically vandalizing the Iran-related articles on Wikipedia, the largest open-source encyclopedia on the net, propagating false information, maliciously editing/disputing/deleting such articles without one shred of proof to backup their wild claims, applying the straw-man falsification approach, trying to establish new 'facts" to further their racial/religious/political agendas.

In order to prevent this situation, we need to have a large Iranian presence on Wikipedia and guard the integrity and quality of all the Wikipedia articles that are related to Iran and Iranians. Articles such as Iranian peoples and Persian people are being rewritten, edited and interpolated (vandalized) by politically motivated individuals whose motto is ""The modern Farsis are a semitic-Turkic people. We should prove this to the world".

Interested to help?
It is really an easy job. You can donate as much as a minute a day, a week, or a month. It doesn't matter as long as you show some support. Follow the following directions:

1- First: Sign up to Wikipedia here.

2- Second: Learn how to contribute to Wikipedia - it is very easy, all you do is press Edit on a page, and get your voice heard. But make sure you don't break the rules. The best way to get started is by reading the introduction.

3- Third: Help out! Get in contact with other active Iranian Wikipedians and add your user-name to WikiProject Iran under "Participants", and you will be informed about topics that need attention.

4. Make sure to read and comment on the discussion (Talk) page of such articles (such as Talk:persian_people) and support your informed opinion with evidence.

Basically, we need books, websites, encyclopedia, etc sources to support our arguments, we have hundreds of sources already, however the more people means easier victories.

Please help spread the word. Email or post this "plea for help" to other friends Iranian or non-Iranian who have an informed interest in Iran and Iranian people.

History should be based on facts. It is in interest of ALL Iranians to represent the true and accurate history of Iran and Iranian people on such widely used and viewed source as Wikipedia.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Your doing a great thing man , I wish there was more people like you on this forum , it seems like everybody is anti-Iranian, I agree with being anti IRI but being anti Iranian is a different story . Hint hint Keyvan.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I can't believe what I was seeing!! How irresponsible a major information source could be??
I signed in and opened the main page for Persian Empire, then I clicked on Edit this page. My God!! I was able to edit, alter or type anything my heart would desire and then click Save This Page and the whole article was changed.

I put The ( Greatest Empire of all time) in there.... Check it out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Empire

How could they provide such a privilege to general public to go in there and change any thing they want at will. Is this how a credible Encyclopedia should be? Change constantly??

Oct 18, 2002
Motori jan, wikipedia is not supposed to be the most credible source! As you said, anybody could edit it. But that's the only way to have such a huge encyclopedia without a fixed team of researchers and editors. They claim that because of the size of the community, no wrong information would go unnoticed.

I remember a few months ago an ISP member had modified the entry on Iran by adding: "Iranian men are known to be 9 inches long or more...." The entry stayed there for some time before somebody fixed it :D

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
deerouz said:
I remember a few months ago an ISP member had modified the entry on Iran by adding: "Iranian men are known to be 9 inches long or more...." The entry stayed there for some time before somebody fixed it :D
It could be true ;)

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Deerouz jAn,
I was always in the impression that Wikipedia is something similar to Britannica on-line, I guess not.

BTW Apparently my insertion of (The Greatest Empire of all time) after Persian Empire title pizzed off some ppl c/s didn't last even a day before it was gone....loool

Apr 10, 2005
If you join, please read Wikipedia:policies and guidelines, and add your name under WikiProject_Iran, so we can notify you regarding the ongoing disputes.

The people behind the attacks are:

1. Contributions/Diyako (Separatist Kurd)

2. Contributions/Heja_helweda (Separatist Kurd)

3. Contributions/Ahwaz (Separatist Arab)

4 Contributions/Aucaman (Pro-Israeli)

5. Contributions/Zora (Pro-Arab)

If you take a look at their "contributions", you see a clear pattern of editing and disrupting Wikipedia articles that are about Iran or Iranians. They are, however, very clever to hide their true intentions and to present some half-baked information which would "justify" their actions or enhance their strawman "arguments", ultimately to avoid getting banned for vandalism of Wikipedia.

If you do engage them in an argument, make sure you play smart, act smart, and not make any sort of personal attacks. In other words, intelligently argue the case, not the proponents.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Cyrus jAn
I've already joined in with Wikipeia with name Aryajet, but don't know how to add my name to the list and I'm sure the site will require my Email for notifications.
I opened up this page WikiProject_Iran but don't see where to add my name and Email addy.

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
Motori said:
Cyrus jAn
I've already joined in with Wikipeia with name Aryajet, but don't know how to add my name to the list and I'm sure the site will require my Email for notifications.
I opened up this page WikiProject_Iran but don't see where to add my name and Email addy.
click on the "Edit" part at the top right of the list and then add your name just like the others.

Apr 10, 2005
Iranian Wikipedians' Notice Board (WatchDog)

Please bookmark this page, for daily updates on the status of the Iran-related articles. Read notices posted by others or add your own notice by updating "Urgent view".

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
maziar95 said:
Your doing a great thing man , I wish there was more people like you on this forum , it seems like everybody is anti-Iranian, I agree with being anti IRI but being anti Iranian is a different story . Hint hint Keyvan.
i told you to watch your mouth once. this is twice in two days.

akheh Ahmagh what does preserving persian culture got to do with IR having a fucked up coach?

what kind of lunatic, retarded mentality can put together that kind of logic.

Get your head out of your butthole and think. Think before shit comes out of your mouth and you get more respect from people.

hint hint this is more like an adult environmet so if you need to act like a toddler who was short changed on your daily milk routine, i am afraid you are in the wrong place.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
deerouz said:
Motori jan, wikipedia is not supposed to be the most credible source! As you said, anybody could edit it. But that's the only way to have such a huge encyclopedia without a fixed team of researchers and editors. They claim that because of the size of the community, no wrong information would go unnoticed.
So I take its possible that a lot of sensitive information that we have discussed here on the board and some have used this site as their source could be totally incorrect. Subjects relating to number of wifes in pre islamic persia and a lot of other important subjects. when thinking about that it makes good sense with what has been brought up under this post regarding that encyclopedia and how its ran.