Honda finally introduces a small jet I like

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This one looks slightly better than those Cessna Turbofans.
the range is still limited at 1500 km.

but let's face it if I ever make 10 mil, I neither can afford G4 nor can I operate one.

but something like the Honda jet with 4 person seating capacity seems ideal for just getting around the country for the Nouveau riche
[video=youtube;uyrSWF2-0KI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyrSWF2-0KI[/video]

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Fairly impressive for such a small cheap plane. Mach 0.72 cruising speed and FL43 cruising altitude! Nice job Honda I guess!

Still 600lbs of fuel per hour is no cheap journey. Flying solo in this thing at cruising speed nets a gas mileage of 42 liters/100KM (5.6 mpg)

By comparison, an Airbus A380 can achieve 3.1 liters/100KM (76 mpg) per passenger!

It's not a good comparison, but still!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Still 600lbs of fuel per hour is no cheap journey. Flying solo in this thing at cruising speed nets a gas mileage of 42 liters/100KM (5.6 mpg)

By comparison, an Airbus A380 can achieve 3.1 liters/100KM (76 mpg) per passenger!

It's not a good comparison, but still!
the right comparison is against how much it costs to fly business class or first class last minute.
and even then it is not cheap. you can say buy a ticket from chicago to sanfrancisco for less than 1000 most of the time.

but once you start thinking 5 people and then factor in all the freaking tax-ride offs that a business can get, it starts to make sense a bit more.

but obviously this from money point of matter only makes sense for people who care about saving say an hour.

but really still in that case something like netjets make more sense. because most of us will never fly more than 20-30 times a year.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That is very cool but still out of my price range. At least if you are rich but not Donald Trump rich, you can afford one. This reminds me of what FMW said on the Jim Rome Show, "I keeps me a Private Jet@" Notice keeps not keep I said he was a good boxer, counter puncher. I never said he was a good at grammar :)
If out the door, the sticker price for a four passenger private jet is $5M, that is REALLY NOT BAD. BTW I never owned a plane but I flew a helicoptor before. Just remember when you are flying, down is up and up is down.

Lets break down the NUMBERs SOURCE
http://planes.axlegeeks.com/l/67/Honda-HondaJet
Cost 2.5-$5M for the higher end
Can fly 1400 miles, not bad for short and medium ranged domestic trips. This is a must have for the busy businessman.
Can fit 4 passengers so you can take your family.
Has a 0.33 ft taller cabin at 4.82 ft.

They missed two important details but the one I was most interested in.
Q1-How big is the gas tank/how many gallons does it take to fill it up?
Q2 What are the dimensions height, length and width.

Those are important things to know if you want to own a private jet. I always was fascinated by aviation.
Cruising 378 knots @435 MPH(still faster than any car) speed
[video=youtube;gZroF9jr0So]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZroF9jr0So[/video]

May 9, 2004

خیلی جالبه تصمیم گرفته بودم با شریکم یک جت خصوصی بخریم ولی وقتی دیدم میشه اجاره کرد
و اجاره ان نسبتا زیاد نیست صرفه نظر کردیم
مثلا اجاره ان از امارت تا پاریس رفت و برگشت تقریبا 50 تا شصت هزار دولاره
اگر حساب در سال ده پرواز مهم هم بخواهیم بکنیم کمتر از نیم ملیون دلار خرج برمیداره
مخصوصا اگر بتونی کسی رو هم با خودت ببری و اون هم مبلغی از کرایه رو متحمل بشه
یعنی بیش از ده سال اجاره برای پروازهای مهم
البته اگر شخص دائما احتیاج به سفر داشته باشه خرید جت بهتر از اجاره کردن است

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

مثلا اجاره ان از امارت تا پاریس رفت و برگشت تقریبا 50 تا شصت هزار دولاره
Only $50-$60k??!! That's nothing! You can afford that General! and then if you get bored travelling alone all the time, let me know, I can join you to keep you company! ;) :D

May 9, 2004
Only $50-$60k??!! That's nothing! You can afford that General! and then if you get bored travelling alone all the time, let me know, I can join you to keep you company! ;) :D
بله سلای جان
اگر بخواهی درست حسابش رو کنی زیاد نیست
زیرا پنج یا شش نفر مسافر(جتی که درمورد کرایه اش گفتم ) رفت و برگشت
انهم هروقت خواستی اماده است
چیزی به حدود ده دوازده هزار دلار هرنفری انقدرها هم زیاد نیست
حال که مثلا فریست کلاس از امارات تا پاریس بعضی وقتها حدودا ده هزار دلار است
یعنی تقریبا همان قیمت
همچنین می توان مثلا اگر کار مهمی در همان زمان در جای دیگری پیش امد با دادن مبلغ نسبتا کمتری به انجا سفر کرد
این کرایه اگر بین اشخاص تقسیم شود انطور که می بیند نسبتا زیاد هم نیست

May 9, 2004
ژنرال وضعت توپه ها! بیا و این 20 سال آشناییمون رو به لطف خودت آذین ببخش. جای دوری نمیره
به چشم بچه تهرون
من والله دوست دارم یکبار با همه برو بچه های قدیمی ای اس پی یه جایی وعده ملاقات بزاریم و با هم بیشتر اشنا بشیم
ولی باور کن الان سالهاست یکبار تفریحی جایی نرفتم اکثرا ضروریات شغلی بوده
ولی به امید خدا اگر یه فرصت خوبی پیدا شد دوست دارم برو بچه های قدیمی رو ببینم

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Why not just do what I do guys? If you are patient and book a year in advance for around 3-3500(normally 5000 if you do it now), you can go to Munchen/Munich DE. Americans can stay in Germany for up to 3 months W/O a VISA few others as well. If you want to stay longer $30 gets you a 1 year and $60 for two years. I have a friend and she lets me rent her nice 2 bedroom, 15 min from the airport, in the city for $200 a night, with WIFI. Hotel's on average go for that easily. If I stay longer, like a week, she hooks me up with a nice discount and if you pay cash, then you might even get that shaved down to a 150, which includes full maid service and parking(if you need a car).

I might do that the next time there is a VERY good Bayern Munchen game, say the championship and it collides with a Germany WCQ game. That would be dope, even for Dortmund BM tickets you can find those for $500. The hell with paying that much money for a private jet. Oh and you can get great Economy Plus tickets for 1/2 that price. I cannot do economy I would be too uncomfortable I say AT LEAST pay the extra $200 or so and get the Economy Plus. I know some of you are going to say, Oh fly economy, the flight arrives at the same time." . Part of a journey is LEHZAT BEKESH, you deserve it. Here in the Gold Old USA, you get what two weeks off, IF you are lucky. Save up your money and enjoy yourself! Also, you will not have a nagging wifi(for those of you who have one) she will then make your trip pleasant in more than one way. Plus, using the business longue facilities are pimp. I do not need to do that for DOMESTIC because I can get economy Plus and just use the U.S.O facilities. Free wifi, computers for active/retired and IMMEDIATE family(my pops and mon use it as well) That is true but then you arrive to your destination(can be anywhere) fresh, relaxed and not as bad of a jet lag. Then on the trip back home, you can go to work the next day, ready to go! I might travel once every other(INTERNATIONAL) year and just came back from Australia and New Zealand with my pops(next one will be a solo trip to Mun,DE, in a couple of years).

Too bad now airlines are getting greedy and no more rewards mileage programs, those days are GONE. Now it is like 1000 points for a coke so go through either expedia/travelocity or a traveling agency and get the cheapest tickets. BTW I hate the whole tour scene thing adn in May Munchen is behesht! In Sept it is also good and you catch some games. NOTE -DO NOT, go during Oktoberfest, most hotels will jack up the price and do a $100 surcharge. That place I described to you, she charges an extra $100 for that month. By May all of the Oktoberfesters are gone and the summer season has not quite hit. Eateries and other establishments will not jack up the price.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
بله سلای جان
اگر بخواهی درست حسابش رو کنی زیاد نیست
زیرا پنج یا شش نفر مسافر(جتی که درمورد کرایه اش گفتم ) رفت و برگشت
انهم هروقت خواستی اماده است
چیزی به حدود ده دوازده هزار دلار هرنفری انقدرها هم زیاد نیست
حال که مثلا فریست کلاس از امارات تا پاریس بعضی وقتها حدودا ده هزار دلار است
یعنی تقریبا همان قیمت
همچنین می توان مثلا اگر کار مهمی در همان زمان در جای دیگری پیش امد با دادن مبلغ نسبتا کمتری به انجا سفر کرد
این کرایه اگر بین اشخاص تقسیم شود انطور که می بیند نسبتا زیاد هم نیست
First class in Emirate airline from UAE to Paris can be $10k??!!! General jan, I think that airplane is made entirely of gold though?! and you will get massage by 4 half naked blonds (or the colors of your choice) the whole way!

May 9, 2004
First class in Emirate airline from UAE to Paris can be $10k??!!! General jan, I think that airplane is made entirely of gold though?! and you will get massage by 4 half naked blonds (or the colors of your choice) the whole way!
سلای جان
فرست کلاس نسبت به اکونمی کلاس و بیزنس کلاس خیلی گرانتره
تازه که حساب کردم با صرف الان میشه ده هزار و 686 دلار
مثلا اگر بخواهی با همین پرواز از اکونمی کلاس استفاده کنی کمتر از هزار دلار خرج برمیداره
می بینید که فرق بین فیرست کلاس و اکونمی کلاس ده برابر است

Attachments

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Jallal khalegh! What can you say? You learn new things everyday! and does the quality of 5-6 hours flight, match the difference in price? What is the real difference between business class and first class beside nicer seats and probably more food/drinks in the latter? I know there is a shower in some first class flights but I mean for 5-6 hours flight, that's not gonna give you +$9k difference in quality!

May 9, 2004
Jallal khalegh! What can you say? You learn new things everyday! and does the quality of 5-6 hours flight, match the difference in price? What is the real difference between business class and first class beside nicer seats and probably more food/drinks in the latter? I know there is a shower in some first class flights but I mean for 5-6 hours flight, that's not gonna give you +$9k difference in quality!
البته فیرست کلاس مزایایی زیادی داره
هم در وقت پرواز هم در فرودگاه ولی به قول شما اخرش همون چند سااعت پروازه که به هرشکلی میگذره
بیزنس کلاس در بسیاری از هواپیماها خیلی با اکونومی فرق نداره بجز وسعت صندلی که بتونی راحتر باشی و غدا هم انقدرها فرق نداره
الان اماراتیه دوش هم داره که البته خیلی گران است یعنی میتونی تو هواپیما دوش بگیری و یک
حمام مجلل داره که با کابین و دوشی که می تونی از ان استفاده کنی البته حمام مجللی است
تقریبا 20 هزار دولار خرج برمی داره
ولی در اخر مقصد یکجا است و مدت پرواز هم یکیست
که چند ساعت بیشتر نیست
مثلا اگر بخواهیم فرق یک هتل پنج ستاره با دو یا سه ستاره رو حساب کنیم که بخوای برای یکی دو هفته اقامت کنی میشه گفت
دادن پول بیشتر و گرفت اطاق در 5 ستاره به بالا می ارزه
و هیچ جا هم ده برابر فرق بین 3 ستاره و 5 ستاره نیست
ولی ده بیست برابر بخاطر چند ساعت راحتی دادن من هم فکر میکنم اگر واقعا خسته از کار نباشی
و بودجه زیاد نباشه هیچ ضرورتی نداره

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
does the quality of 5-6 hours flight, match the difference in price?
Never.

That's not the definition of luxury.

Luxury by definition is supposed to be a ridiculously unneeded condition which is slightly more desirable than the absolutely needed. I could be wrong but I think humans are the only creatures to consistently misjudge luxury as 'need'. We all do it instinctively and are willing to pay ridiculous prices for it.