Irani

IPL Player
Oct 19, 2002
Iran (70%), Others (30%)
Last edited:

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Did you miss?? .... a congressman from California who has spewed anti-Iran slogans. He is from Orange County, California, he has a picture with Maryam Rajavi, and he has advocated for several years for separation of Iran. Check the NIAC’s site or click here:
http://www.niacouncil.org/site/News2...ews_iv_ctrl=-1
The link does not work.

Also, you keep saying someone has a picture with Maryam Rajavi .... That's classic guilt by association. Even if you think that Maryam Rajavi is 100% guilty, how can you come here and say that a picture with Rajavi makes another person guilty? Also, please answer, do you have the same feelings for someone who has pictures with Khomeini, Khamenie, AN, etc.?

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Pro bono. Can I get pro bono lawyers to represent me? Hell no!!
Hell, yes, and it is clear you do NOT know what you are talking about. There are many large firms that do pro bono work, and they do it for anyone. They even do pro bono work for accused terrorists and serial killers. It is so difficult to have a discussion with someone who does not know, and does not know that he does not know. You are just so full of yourself, and you don't know jack about how things are run in the U.S. You might have been to the U.S. and even stayed here, but you never bothered to learn about how the country is run and how things work. Take your bias aside and learn something from this unique country. Top people do pro bono work here, and it is not surprising at all.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The link does not work.

Also, you keep saying someone has a picture with Maryam Rajavi .... That's classic guilt by association. Even if you think that Maryam Rajavi is 100% guilty, how can you come here and say that a picture with Rajavi makes another person guilty? Also, please answer, do you have the same feelings for someone who has pictures with Khomeini, Khamenie, AN, etc.?
I'm really confused about that line of argument too. Are we to judge people based on their associations or are we not? People seem to flip flop on this issues as it suits their argument.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I'm really confused about that line of argument too. Are we to judge people based on their associations or are we not? People seem to flip flop on this issues as it suits their argument.
You can judge people however you seem to fit ... it is all matter of personal choice !!!
Is working with someone for years the same way as having picture with someone from a certain party ? Maybe it is and maybe it is not.

It comes down to this :
when there are no solid evidences at the moment due to special circumstances but are many red flags, warning signs, questionable moves and ...
Are you comefortable to close your eyes on them and look the other way or are you willing on YOUR OWN, to investigate and try to answer some questions ?

There are no solid evidences that election was stolen in 2009.
For years, there were no solid evidences that rapes and torture has happened in Iranian prisons.
There were no solid evidences that intellectuals assassinations were tied to Iranian regime.
There are no solid evidences to back up the claims that many in IR official circles have been stealing money and using their powers for economical benefits.
There are no solid evidence for the crimes of Rafsanjani's sons in the past and himself.
There were no solid evidence that Neda was killed by IR agents.

List goes on and on ... I can name 50 more where there are no solid evidence , RIGHT NOW, or there were no solid evidence at some point of the time, but there were tons of warning signs, red flags and ...

Guys like GP, Ashtar, Reza, Hassan, member of the Day and ... all used the same tactic over the years to satisfy their conscious if they even have one.

Ignore the warning signs and ask for SOLID evidence ... It is all over this site and it works for them.

At the end of the day, it is on each person to do their own soul searching and do their own work to satisfy their curiosity.
The question is where do you draw your red line and take a step back .... Different people have different views and tolerance levels.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
There are times that I miss Chinaski's posts ;)

This shady character, Irani, has been whining about ISP's lack of value and his amazement at why people "waste" their time by posting here for years. Even under this thread he's wondering why he bothers with ISP, yet he finds the whole Amirahmadi, Parsi, NIAC and AIC thing so important that he stops doing his usual work (which is solving world hunger) to come on ISP and finds links to some dude who has a picture with Maryam Rajavi!!!!

Khak bar sare mamlekati ke Doctoresh to bashi.

Irani

IPL Player
Oct 19, 2002
Iran (70%), Others (30%)
Hell, yes, and it is clear you do NOT know what you are talking about. There are many large firms that do pro bono work, and they do it for anyone. They even do pro bono work for accused terrorists and serial killers. It is so difficult to have a discussion with someone who does not know, and does not know that he does not know. You are just so full of yourself, and you don't know jack about how things are run in the U.S. Take your bias aside and learn something from this unique country. Top people do pro bono work here, and it is not surprising at all.
I have heard about pro bono. Somehow I find it strange that Bush's top lawyer to do pro bono.

We pick ten Law firms. Total law firms 10. We agree on a case (could be immigration case). We ask these ten law firms to do pro bono defense for that case. If the majority say no, you lose. The bet amount, I suggest $2,000. If I win, the money to go to an animal shelter of my choice.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I have heard about pro bono. Somehow I find it strange that Bush's top lawyer to do pro bono.

We pick ten Law firms. Total law firms 10. We agree on a case (could be immigration case). We ask these ten law firms to do pro bono defense for that case. If the majority say no, you lose. The bet amount, I suggest $2,000. If I win, the money to go to an animal shelter of my choice.
Save your money and get yourself a public defender. They are always available and free.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005

I am just telling you, you do NOT know what you are talking about. You have a major flaw inthe way you think about the U.S. and how people think here and what they value the most.

Pro bono cases are not for typical immigration or accident cases, even though it happens in those areas too. When it comes to criminal cases, discrimination cases and freedome of speech, as examples, there is more pro bono work. Freedom of speech is a cornerstone of this country. Dai's case fell flatly in that area. He was sued for writing and expressing his views. Parsi and NIAC had vast resources to go after him, and went after him for defamation. In other words, Dai was sued for writing and expressing his views. It is important to protect freedom of speech in this country, and more law firms are interested in such cases on pro bono cases than some guy who has an immigration case and does not have money.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Hey, there is an easy fix for this. Let seda and sima broadcast programs in Turkish and Baluchi. Why don't they? Do people in Azerbaijan speak farsi at home.
Yes, let Trita Parsi have a satellite office in IRI and criticize Bills that are submitted there. Let's see how long he will last there.

Irani

IPL Player
Oct 19, 2002
Iran (70%), Others (30%)
Please give the name of Bush's top lawyer who represented Dai. What's his name?
Read his name in the link which I provided. I provided several links and one link shows that NIAC proved Dai was the culprit. LOL.

So pro bono is NOT for all the cases? LOL. One can speak freely, but ordered deported?

Let us pick a case of a faculty in a US University where she was reprimanded for her opinion. We pick ten law firms to defend her pro bono. The bet is the same.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
So pro bono is NOT for all the cases? LOL. One can speak freely, but ordered deported?
Freedom of speech is not free. And stop this silly betting game of yours. Nobody knows where you live( I could guess under a desk, in a basement at some undisclosed location but I could be wrong.). How is he going to collet his win?

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Read his name in the link which I provided. I provided several links and one link shows that NIAC proved Dai was the culprit. LOL.

Let us pick a case of a faculty in a US University where she was reprimanded for her opinion. We pick ten law firms to defend her pro bono. The bet is the same.
Dude, read again. I was very clear. I said that pro bono is for ALL cases, but the focus or majority for certain cases. Freedom of speech is much more important in the U.S. than someone who will be deported. Yes. If someone who is being deported has a case that creates legal precedent, that can be a different story.

You pick the firms and let us know what you hear back. Specifically, tell them you are being sued by an Interest Group for writing about their connections with a forien country. You are on.

I did not see the attorney's name in the link. Please tell us the name, since you know.